Pathetic Quality From Castore

I can't imagine spending 100 quid on a hoody that would get me turned away from a number of places.

Normal castore is better quality and only bears wear it

I can't imagine spending 100 quid on a hoody that would get me turned away from a number of places.

Normal Castore gear doesn't help Rangers financially, and if you're going somewhere that would turn away football colours, you could wear something else.

I think in the rush to fulfill orders they’ve not done their due diligence and quality checks on enough products, which they have admitted.

This excuse has now been used won’t wash again.

Plus you are happy to forget the thousands who haven’t received “tat”.
Happy to forget people that paid for a product and recieved it? . You mean like exactly what should happen, would you like me to issue them a Blue Peter badge for that?

The issue clearly is the tat they knowingly sent out in order to make the biggest profit margin they could.

You're easily conned mate. just what companies like Castore rely on.

Lets tell the truth here, if this shambles was any othrr company on the planet ripling off our fans you'd slaughter them but because they are linked to the club you'll make excuse after excuse to defend it.

Happy to forget people that paid for a product and recieved it? . . . . You mean exactly what should happen, would you like me to issue them a Blue Peter badge for that?

The issue clearly is the tat theybknowingly sent out in order to make the biggest profit margin they could.

You're essily conned mate.

I’m finished discussing this with you, don’t buy anything and give the rest of us peace.

Would you accept this treatment from any other brand?

absolutely not mate but Rangers has an emotional pull like no other brand ever could

I think we all want this partnership to be successful as for the first time in 9 years when we buy merchandise the club actually see a good proportion of that money

This is pretty poor show, received today. (Names removed)

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

We are planning on stocking these items very soon However, unfortunately I can not confirm a date.

Please keep a watch on our Instagram page @TheRangersStore for all product announcements.

Kind Regards,

The Customer Service Team

For exclusive content, product drops and restocks please visit @TheRangersStore on Instagram

Sent: 11 September 2020 18:49
To: Concierge
Subject: Rangers strips for kids

Hello

When do you intend to release Rangers strips for kids who wear sizes 5-6 and 6-7?

It’s exceptionally poor that these are still not available.

Sent from my iPhone

Same with the toddler and mini kits - I’m sure it was said that Castore decided against making them as they didn’t think they would sell many. Surely someone at the club would have advised otherwise.

It will be interesting when they do get round to it what the cut off is for age groups for the mini kits. Most teams/companies have it at 5yr old, but Nike once again have took their kids mini kits up to 7-8yr old.
This has been the fist season my son is out of the mini kits, and £22 for a pair of shorts in the JS size is taking the piss( also far too big for him) I have told him that for the price of the home and away shorts he could get a game for his Xbox or the training top as he never wears the shorts.

Hopefully for 1000's of other families who might be in that ball park age group they copy Nike and give you mini kit options. It could make a big difference to people who might be struggling in the months ahead when it comes to buying kits/gifts for their kids.

It’s a joke

I take my son, he’s 4 to his football classes. Luckily I got the home one when it was released for him in toddler sizes. But that’s all that’s ever been released and by sounds of it a very small number too.

My plan was to buy all 3 kits for him but that’s not possible. He’s been going with the old red one from last year every now and again but it’s getting embarrassing

Add to that the fact now we’re seeing kids around his same age in the same classes all running around in all 3 Celtic kits. An absolute shambles in my opinion and embarrassing

This was a massive error from the start. My 4 year old was pretty disappointed when I said he'd have to wait a while (he loved the third kit). I've not bought it for myself because I would feel guilty having it myself when he can't get it.

As eye watering as £100 seems for a hoody it is becoming bog standard price. My 19 year old nephew came up and seen me a week or so back with a monstrosity of a jumper on (big lion shit-type design on the front) can't mind the make. He paid £250 for it.

After laughing at him I kicked his head in and stuck it on ebay

That’s my third shirt now through it’s third wash.

No signs of damage to report.

After a really poor experience, I’m now left with the away and third shirts.
Happily, both seem to be totally fine.
I had to take my third shirt back as the writing on the inside partially washed off. Took a home top instead so far so good.

I had to take my third shirt back as the writing on the inside partially washed off. Took a home top instead so far so good.
I vot the 3rd top as a birthday present and the writing on the inside (better mever stops) was missing a few letters.

I vot the 3rd top as a birthday present and the writing on the inside (better mever stops) was missing a few letters.
Same as mine and given it was the first wash I decided to take it back. Quite disappointed as I‘ve had lots of home tops and I preferred the third kit but I didn’t want to risk another one.

Tried to stay away from this thread and have come back on. Only to see that they're still punting cheap fruit of the loom jumpers.
Still no comment from our club on fans getting ripped off. We're the lifeblood of this great club and they seem to be non fussed over us getting ripped off by any flyby night.

It seems money over rules loyalty with this board. They and castore won't be getting another dime from me. They've still not refunded the delivery fee for the products sent back. After waiting 5 weeks for original refund i have gave up the ghost on getting the returns fee. The board IMHO are coming out of this worse than castore. It seems they're incapable of running our great institution.

Tried to stay away from this thread and have come back on. Only to see that they're still punting cheap fruit of the loom jumpers.
Still no comment from our club on fans getting ripped off. We're the lifeblood of this great club and they seem to be non fussed over us getting ripped off by any flyby night.

It seems money over rules loyalty with this board. They and castore won't be getting another dime from me. They've still not refunded the delivery fee for the products sent back. After waiting 5 weeks for original refund i have gave up the ghost on getting the returns fee. The board IMHO are coming out of this worse than castore. It seems they're incapable of running our great institution.
Yeh this board is absolutely terrible. How dare they invest millions of their own money each year to plug funding gaps that would otherwise see the club go bust. Absolute bastards. How dare they.

Castore debacle aside and their silence has been defeaning on the matter, but please have a think about how much the board have personally invested. They ain't going to make a return on their money. We are running at a loss. Ask yourself why they are risking their children's inheritance money into the club.

Do you honestly believe that? They’ve not covered themselves in glory with Castore/Club 1872 issue, and at times they’ve arguably not backed the players as hard as they should but we’re in a great place as a club. To say we are not is rubbish imo.

Do you honestly believe that? They’ve not covered themselves in glory with Castore/Club 1872 issue, and at times they’ve arguably not backed the players as hard as they should but we’re in a great place as a club. To say we are not is rubbish imo.
Jesus christ, I was so annoyed at his earlier sentence I didnt even read his last sentence. Do some fans not get it? Without the current board of directors, where would the club be? Certainly not at this level of funding.

Yeh this board is absolutely terrible. How dare they invest millions of their own money each year to plug funding gaps that would otherwise see the club go bust. Absolute bastards. How dare they.

Castore debacle aside and their silence has been defeaning on the matter, but please have a think about how much the board have personally invested. They ain't going to make a return on their money. We are running at a loss. Ask yourself why they are risking their children's inheritance money into the club.
I know how much they've invested but they cannot run a football club. Look at the state they've got us in with this retail mess. Not mentioning telling us every year that they've got rid of the fat man only for us to find out hes still fucking here with exclusivity deals etc.

It was the board who signed off on these deals no one else. So because they've invested money we aren't allowed to question them. Even when the deal they signed has led to fans being ripped off. Making all of us a laughing stock once again. Yet we get total silence. Absolutely no loyalty to us. It's absolute amauterish and it all stems from this board.

When have they covered themselves in glory. I want a board who can run a footballing institution. All we ever seen to do is make excuses for them. Take the deal they signed in 2017 with SD to break the 7 year term. Only to then ties into the fat man inperpuity.

I'm done making excuses for them. They should headhunt someone who knows how football works and get us running like a proper big club again.

This is pretty poor show, received today. (Names removed)

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

We are planning on stocking these items very soon However, unfortunately I can not confirm a date.

Please keep a watch on our Instagram page @TheRangersStore for all product announcements.

Kind Regards,

The Customer Service Team

For exclusive content, product drops and restocks please visit @TheRangersStore on Instagram

Sent: 11 September 2020 18:49
To: Concierge
Subject: Rangers strips for kids

Hello

When do you intend to release Rangers strips for kids who wear sizes 5-6 and 6-7?

It’s exceptionally poor that these are still not available.

Sent from my iPhone

What an absolute farce.

When you think of their promo videos and then consider they didn’t even bother with infants or age 5-7 strips shows how amateurish their approach was/is.
Been over 2 months since preorder and they still don’t have a date for kids strips.

They won't be losing any money though.

When have they covered themselves in glory. I want a board who can run a footballing institution. All we ever seen to do is make excuses for them. Take the deal they signed in 2017 with SD to break the 7 year term. Only to then ties into the fat man inperpuity.

I'm done making excuses for them. They should headhunt someone who knows how football works and get us running like a proper big club again.

Who are you alluding to that had us running like a proper big club previously?

Cash was converted to shares. They can wait for an upturn and cash in if they wish. There is always someone wanting to buy.
The shares are worth less with every share issue. They might make a profit, break even or a loss. One thing for sure is that they could have used their money more effectively if they wanted to break even or make money, investing in better businesses without the stress and hassle. Whether they make or lose money in the end, it's clear that's not really the end goal of their investment and fans making stupid as feck comments would be as well remembering that

The shares are worth less with every share issue. They might make a profit, break even or a loss. One thing for sure is that they could have used their money more effectively if they wanted to break even or make money, investing in better businesses without the stress and hassle. Whether they make or lose money in the end, it's clear that's not really the end goal of their investment and fans making stupid as feck comments would be as well remembering that
You would be as well remembering that some of the "Stupid fans" you speak of have lost fair amounts of cash over the years
Bond seats and shares to name two.
Be a bit more respectful.

You would be as well remembering that some of the "Stupid fans" you speak of have lost fair amounts of cash over the years
Bond seats and shares to name two.
Be a bit more respectful.
We dont really know that for certain for individual posters do we though?

Who are you alluding to that had us running like a proper big club previously?
Throughout our history we have been run as a big club barring the last 8 years. This lot may be investing money. But it's clear to see these last few years they don't have a clue in running a football club. Everything they do is amateurish. From those cheap tacky plastic things on the side of stadium. Fucking up business deals with SD and others which then led to Hummel breaking ties. Now we're left with this castore shit show. But not one mention from club. I could guarantee If umbro, nike or any other company were ripping off our supporters and selling shoddy items then statements would be have been made long before now. Why are our club not bothered that we're getting treated like shite. They really only care for our money.

Throughout our history we have been run as a big club barring the last 8 years. This lot may be investing money. But it's clear to see these last few years they don't have a clue in running a football club. Everything they do is amateurish. From those cheap tacky plastic things on the side of stadium. Fucking up business deals with SD and others which then led to Hummel breaking ties. Now we're left with this castore shit show. But not one mention from club. I could guarantee If umbro, nike or any other company were ripping off our supporters and selling shoddy items then statements would be have been made long before now. Why are our club not bothered that we're getting treated like shite. They really only care for our money.

Aye Murray ran the club really well didn’t he?! The current board have made plenty of mistakes along the way but I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s happy we have these people at the helm.

You do know that the current leadership has only been in place for the last 10 months? Dave King had his successes and failures but the current Chairman and Vice Chairman weren't making the decisions around SD and Hummel. And we would all like to be dealing with Nike and Adidas but you seriously think they would have taken on the contract at short notice when Mike Ashley was still hanging around with court orders? I understand being upset but to talk about our current Board and executive team in those terms is completely unwarranted. Presume you have had all the right answers over the last 8 years? maybe you should stand for the board of 1872?

You do know that the current leadership has only been in place for the last 10 months? Dave King had his successes and failures but the current Chairman and Vice Chairman weren't making the decisions around SD and Hummel. And we would all like to be dealing with Nike and Adidas but you seriously think they would have taken on the contract at short notice when Mike Ashley was still hanging around with court orders? I understand being upset but to talk about our current Board and executive team in those terms is completely unwarranted. Presume you have had all the right answers over the last 8 years? maybe you should stand for the board of 1872?
The ones signing the deals now where in as part of kings regime. Was it not park one who went and got Pedro. Stop trying to give these amateurs fet out clauses. I know adidas and the likes wouldnt touch us. But who got us into the retail clusterfuck in the first place having to rely on a two man team. They're backing castore over their own bread and butter. They should be wary of not biting the hand that feeds them. We us the fans are rangers and the board could do with a reminder of that.

Aye Murray ran the club really well didn’t he?! The current board have made plenty of mistakes along the way but I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s happy we have these people at the helm.
He basically did or have you forgotten all those glory days. We were never the laughing stock that our current incumbents seem to make us. Murray only problem he got caught out with using an illegal payment structure. Which was legal at the time. We just implemented it wrong.

He basically did or have you forgotten all those glory days. We were never the laughing stock that our current incumbents seem to make us. Murray only problem he got caught out with using an illegal payment structure. Which was legal at the time. We just implemented it wrong.

Basically. Aye no worries.

No board of any football club should side with any person or company thats taking their loyal fanbase as mugs. But aye no worries as long as the pounds keep rolling in and folk like you who won't see a bad thing said about them. Our loyal support will continually be treated like a cashcow and an afterthought by them.

See #4643 where I said the boards made mistakes. On yer bike Stevie.

I know how much they've invested but they cannot run a football club. Look at the state they've got us in with this retail mess. Not mentioning telling us every year that they've got rid of the fat man only for us to find out hes still fucking here with exclusivity deals etc.

It was the board who signed off on these deals no one else. So because they've invested money we aren't allowed to question them. Even when the deal they signed has led to fans being ripped off. Making all of us a laughing stock once again. Yet we get total silence. Absolutely no loyalty to us. It's absolute amauterish and it all stems from this board.
Not going to lie, I burst out laughing at the first paragraph.

See #4643 where I said the boards made mistakes. On yer bike Stevie.
All these mistakes but you're happy with the ones in charge. Even when it was another of these numerous mistakes which has caused this castore shitshow. Not once have they came out and sided with supporters getting shafted left right and centre. Bears getting ripped off. Our club being Made a laughing stock. But its ok as your happy.

Back