Pathetic Quality From Castore

Ordered my home top on Monday and got it on Thursday, one wee thread from stitching flowing free, quickly singed it away with a lighter, happens with many clothes tbh. Just seems like a normal football top to me, not sure how people can say the away ones are superior. Will see how it fares after a few washes.

The refund process is also a shambles. 5 weeks and not even an awknowledgement of recieving the returned items.

You should have a Hermes receipt with number that you can enter on site to see where it is.

I’ve done 3 returns all complete and refunded within a fortnight of the parcel leaving my house.

You would ruin Kappa’s whole brand. Don’t like it. Don’t buy it. You know the more people who buy that tracksuit, the more money Rangers get to buy players? Why would you dissuade that? From a picture you don’t know the quality. What is cheap and nasty about it?

Some of the stuff on this thread has nothing to do with issues and is nothing more than a pile on. Stirred up by some posters who never seem to comment on their favourite goals against Celtic.

Have genuine sympathy with all those still waiting for refunds or even any kind of correspondence as Castore don’t seem to have sufficient infrastructure, but we have to move forward with them.

This thread has rightly highlighted supply, quality and communication issues, but every snide remark to me is like a smirking Tim trying to get one up on us.
Yes I am aware of money brought in and it is my opinion cheapened by the ribbon effect I remember buying my daughter hair ribbons virtually identical to the taping on the arms and legs of that tracksuit
years ago, plain white stripe would've looked smarter.
And if one of our own has a snipe at our own products in no way is that like a mentally challenged having a go we all have the best intentions for Rangers.

Some of the concept designs are far better than that if Castore would produce these in full zip and quarter zip they would sell thousands.
Hopefully that worked.

No clutter, just simple design with focus on our badge.

All three are perfect for the 150th anniversary. I’d like the badge on the red top available on the blue.
EhBVUaXXgAAq2Fc

Did we have this amount of complaints about the quality of the Hummel products? I can only remember Hummel having supply issues but I know my sons top from 2 seasons ago still just fits and it’s still in great condition.

I have washed my Hummel kits dozens of times and they still look and feel great. I really like them.

:D

The tracksuit is not premium. It looks absolutely cheap tack.

“Eeeeh, sorry lads. We’ve had issues with quality control n that. We’ve been charging £60 for school jumpers, but aye, trust us, these new trackies are total boss. Just trust us on that like la.”

Castore’s USP is all about quality. They recently admitted their quality control checks have been a shambles in relation to Rangers gear. How the hell can they continue to pump out stuff like this without doing anything to address customer concerns on quality first? We’re supposed to just buy blind and cross our fingers that 1) It’s actually the gear in the photo, and 2) It’s not the same range as Ethiopia’s U12’s netball team with a different badge on it?

“Eeeeh, sorry lads. We’ve had issues with quality control n that. We’ve been charging £60 for school jumpers, but aye, trust us, these new trackies are total boss. Just trust us on that like la.”

Castore’s USP is all about quality. They recently admitted their quality control checks have been a shambles in relation to Rangers gear. How the hell can they continue to pump out stuff like this without doing anything to address customer concerns on quality first? We’re supposed to just buy blind and cross our fingers that 1) It’s actually the gear in the photo, and 2) It’s not the same range as Ethiopia’s U12’s netball team with a different badge on it?

Problem is people are still buying mate. Im not preplpared to be ripped off so I won't be buying for the foreseeable

Who is taking who to court then?
The club taking Castore to court to get rid of them. Or Castore taking the club to court if we rip up the contract. Not saying it will happen, but it won't all go away if Castore keep producing terrible quality products and charge premium prices.

Report the posters who you think are tims then. It's a forum for discussion. The idea that someone is damaging the club by criticizing Castore's gear is a laughable attempt at guilting folk whose opinion differs from yours. If they feel strongly about buying it then they'll still do so.

As an aside, the reason why the tracksuit in question is so crap is that it looks like a tacky, poorly executed bump of an old Sergio Tacchini design from years ago. It's objectively horrible in the product shot above.

A forum for discussion? Your steamrollering your personal opinion all over something Rangers are trying to make money from. With NOTHING other than your opinion on a picture to back it up. As I said. Tim behaviour. If it doesn’t sit easy with you. Too bad.

Don’t buy it then. Simple. No one is forcing you. Your description won’t encourage anyone who DOES like it to buy it. Rangers won’t get a cut. Rangers won’t get more money. Guilt that.

Keep slagging off everything they release. It’ll be a long 3 years for you, fashion guru.

Last edited:
A forum for discussion? Your steamrollering your personal opinion all over something Rangers are trying to make money from. With NOTHING other than your opinion on a picture to back it up. As I said. Tim behaviour. If it doesn’t sit easy with you. Too bad.

Don’t buy it then. Simple. No one is forcing you. Your description won’t encourage anyone who DOES like it to buy it. Rangers won’t get a cut. Rangers won’t get more money. Guilt that.

Keep slagging off everything they release. It’ll be a long 3 years for you, fashion guru.

Imagine it, the temerity of a fanbase passing judgement on their club's merchandise! We're in the midst of a pandemic and folk work hard for their money. To suggest they obey some omerta and toe the party line when it comes to a shoddy service because "it's Rangers" is a lamentable notion.

Some of the stuff we've been through over the last 15 years or so makes sense when you come across fans who possess an attitude such as yours.

Last edited:
Too much too soon would be my opinion on it, if all the other bits were to follow on while being made to Castores original quality the fans would have understood completely.

After much fanfare trumping up the quality of the fabrics etc they should have stuck to the football shirts producing them to a high standard, that would have paid off in spades with punters chomping at the bit for more top quality merchandise.

But they came out with a scattergun flood the market strategy with all sorts of clothing, to make as much coin as possible short term which may make sense to Castore but makes none at all to anyone else/
If they are in it for the long term and hope to add some EPL teams to their portfolio they might struggle given the shambolic start to The Rangers link up.

Long 5 years.

4th wash on the black top and the you will always hear us roaring lettering is peeling off. 30 degree wash aswell.

Happened to my 3rd top as well.Size also completely vanished.
2nd wash at 30 degrees for me.If it was outside I'd be sending it back.Have bought 6 items but won't buy anymore this year unless we get everything sorted.

Imagine it, the temerity of a fanbase passing judgement on their club's merchandise! We're in the midst of a pandemic and folk work hard for their money. To suggest they obey some omerta and toe the party line when it comes to a shoddy service because "it's Rangers" is a lamentable notion.

Some of the stuff we've been through over the last 15 years or so makes sense when you come across fans who possess an attitude such as yours.

Big shark jump from your personal opinion on a Kappa style tracksuit to what we’ve been through. Keep criticising if it makes you feel good.

Imagine it. Personal choice when buying an item of clothing.

The dramatising and analysing of every minute thing is tiring.

He basically did or have you forgotten all those glory days. We were never the laughing stock that our current incumbents seem to make us. Murray only problem he got caught out with using an illegal payment structure. Which was legal at the time. We just implemented it wrong.

Bloody hell.

Murray ran us well?

Have you been asleep the past two decades?

I've had the home top since pre ordereding wore it to fives about 10 times and been through the washing machine (at the right temperature 40 degrees :)). No problems with it at all still. Looks brand new quality is great, I obviously never got one out Of the Turkish sweatshop...
I got a Turkish one in pre-order (arrived4th August). Everything about it had been fine .

Exactly!! I came in this thread to see if it had improved but it’s just become a platform for moaning fashionistas who are attempting to pass on their opinions as facts ( notwithstanding the quality control issues which require attention without doubt).

I sent back 2 packages of stuff (Royal Mail recorded) that was too big and it was refunded within 5 days. Pretty good service.

Noticed that the C is missing from the Castore on the inside of my black training top but it really doesn’t bother me.

Big shark jump from your personal opinion on a Kappa style tracksuit to what we’ve been through. Keep criticising if it makes you feel good.

Imagine it. Personal choice when buying an item of clothing.

The dramatising and analysing of every minute thing is tiring.

It doesn't make me feel anything. I am passing my thoughts on the product, as is my wont. Rather, it's a case of you trying to moderate the thread by asking posters to keep opinions that you disagree with to themselves, and then weaponising the idea that they're somehow damaging the club to guilt and qualify your argument.

If Castore comes through with a collection that looks genuinely good, then I'll happily acknowledge it. This isn't some coordinated FF conspiracy against the label.

As an aside, you repeatedly mention "Kappa-style tracksuit", and that's kind of the issue. The item is bland and insipid. The badges on the sleeves are laughably unoriginal, even lazy. One would expect much more in terms of design given the price point.

Last edited:
I sent back 2 packages of stuff (Royal Mail recorded) that was too big and it was refunded within 5 days. Pretty good service.

Noticed that the C is missing from the Castore on the inside of my black training top but it really doesn’t bother me.

I have Adidas tops where the ‘painted on’ lettering comes off very, very quickly. Especially where it says ‘Climalite’. If it’s inside the top there’s only you seeing it anyway. I guess Castore won’t be bothering with song lyrics in the future.

It doesn't make me feel anything. I am passing my thoughts on the product, as is my wont. Rather, it's a case of you trying to moderate the thread by asking posters to keep opinions that you disagree with to themselves, and then weaponising the idea that they're somehow damaging the club to guilt and qualify your argument.

If Castore comes through with a collection that looks genuinely good, then I'll happily acknowledge it. This isn't some coordinated FF conspiracy against the label.

As an aside, you repeatedly mention "Kappa-style tracksuit", and that's kind of the issue. The item is bland and insipid. The badges on the sleeves are laughably unoriginal, even lazy. One would expect much more in terms of design given the price point.

Keep digging. It was you who weaponised a tracksuit you have never seen into a laughable comparison of what we went through.

Carry on with unwarranted criticism.

I have Adidas tops where the ‘painted on’ lettering comes off very, very quickly. Especially where it says ‘Climalite’. If it’s inside the top there’s only you seeing it anyway. I guess Castore won’t be bothering with song lyrics in the future.
Think they will strip next year's strip right back to the basics, they have tried to be different with the quality and lettering..... Too much detail causing issues... Look at nikes strips this year, they look like t shirts with a club badge on it, that's it........ Blue strip with RFC badge with no stars is what we will get..

I think the lack of communication from Castore and this thread proves the criticism is warranted.
I agree. They simply don’t have the infrastructure we require. They will need to sort ASAP.

But. Turkey taps. China taps. Kappa taps. Coat hanger taps. Come on. It’s tedious.

What’s the email to contact the Rangers store again guys? The one on the confirmation is a no reply.
2 shirts apparently delivered but they were certainly not delivered to me

Exactly!! I came in this thread to see if it had improved but it’s just become a platform for moaning fashionistas who are attempting to pass on their opinions as facts ( notwithstanding the quality control issues which require attention without doubt).
The thing is mate, fashion is subjective, people’s opinion, good or bad, are relevant.

First I've had no issue with the Rangers gear I've bought

Got a couple of tshirts and shorts from Castore
One of the Tees from the AMC range has the lettering coming off after a couple of washes.

Emailed Monday got the returns info today, no big deal

But I did think it interesting there are issues from their other lines, possibly the current situation worldwide is making things difficult, also people thinking its just Rangers gear that can have problems are off the mark.

Sorry for having to ask this question that I know had been asked previously. I can't bring myself to go back through the 120 pages.

I bought the home top on pre order and ordered a size up xxl (made in Turkey).

I'm looking to order the white away and the black third kit as well as the grey orange training top. Have folk had to order a size up on these or was it just in the Turkish made home top?

What's the general consensus on the sizing?

Sorry for having to ask this question that I know had been asked previously. I can't bring myself to go back through the 120 pages.

I bought the home top on pre order and ordered a size up xxl (made in Turkey).

I'm looking to order the white away and the black third kit as well as the grey orange training top. Have folk had to order a size up on these or was it just in the Turkish made home top?

What's the general consensus on the sizing?
I have all three tops. I went up a size in all three and they’re very similarly sized.

The 'waterproof' Garcia hoodies are online now. £170..

Why is the drawstring so long on them?

Back