Pathetic Quality From Castore

The 'waterproof' Garcia hoodies are online now. £170..

Why is the drawstring so long on them?
With the greatest of respect there is absolutely nothing to that hoodie that would justify anything more than £50 max. No zip, no embroidery, nothing fancy about the design. They can spout their bunkum about materials used but they’re having folk for idiots with this stuff.

Aye that makes all the difference. You can get decent make full waterproof jackets for not much more. But if that makes you think it’s not a rip off, you carry on.

To be fair.

Castore have created a brand for elite athletes such as Murray and a lightweight breathable waterproof hoodie is their main piece that they view as a market leader.

You buy a Regatta if you want and be dripping with sweat within a couple minutes. Its your money, your choice.

A School Jumper with a Rangers logo for 50 quid, is snide and a rip off.

To be fair.

Castore have created a brand for elite athletes such as Murray and a lightweight breathable waterproof hoodie is their main piece that they view as a market leader.

You buy a Regatta if you want and be dripping with sweat within a couple minutes. Its your money, your choice.

No mastered sticky oan letters yet lol

Was in the shop today as it was my birthday bought the black polo that SG wears and a T Shirt they’re very nice but £45 & £35 is a lot for what they are my view based on Hummel which I thought was very good is most of the standard stuff (like what I bought) is £10 over priced. Some of the other stuff feels a huge amount too much the £170 hoodie being an example.

Is there any way of checking the stock in store without visiting (I'm in Dunfermline). Just that I want to pick up a kit for my son's birthday which is on Monday and not sure they would deliver in time - not that there is much in the way of stock online. Don't want to waste a near 100 mile round trip if there is nothing in the shop either.

Only other place I can find selling them is part of the Fat Bastard's empire and I'd rather cut my nads off than give them a penny.

Last edited:
Is there any way of checking the stock in store without visiting (I'm in Dunfermline). Just that I want to pick up a kit for my son's birthday which is on Monday and not sure they would deliver in time - not that there is much in the way of stock online. Don't want to waste a near 100 mile round trip if there is nothing in the shop either.

Only other place I can find selling them is part of the Fat Bastard's empire and I'd rather cut my nads off than give them a penny.

To be fair.

UA have been doing it for years and nowhere near that price.

Sorry if this has been asked/mentioned before but I don't fancy reading through this whole thread....

Did anyone notice how much the Snoods were on the Rangers/Castore site?
They are currently out of stock but look great, just wondered how much they would be once restocked?

Aye that makes all the difference. You can get decent make full waterproof jackets for not much more. But if that makes you think it’s not a rip off, you carry on.
Their own Garcia hoody is £165 so in what way is it a rip off?
Plus if people are happy to pay that let them.
Im sure they dont need your approval to do so.
So many folk on here saying "that's a rip off" ot "i wouldn't pay that" etc etc. Simple answer is dont buy anything you dont want to.
Buying Rangers merchandise isnt like paying tax. No one forces you to purchase anything. Everyone has a choice.

Is that the UA Storm collection mate? Have you had any experience with the UA water repellent stuff? Price does look more reasonable.
Yes and yes. Bought a hoodie from them years ago and it was brilliant. I’ve still got it now and the colour has faded a bit and the waterproofing has come off in the wash but this is after about 6 years a lot of sweating and a lot of washes and that’s expected.

He's not wrong though is he?
Im my opinion he is.
If people want to pay for a product that they like thats fine.
There are various products i see that i wouldnt personally buy due to what i perceive as being over priced but i dont moan to people about it and say "seen you coming"
Its down to personal choice. Why what someone else buys or pays for upsets people I dont know

You'd expect GORE-TEX for that price tbf.

With the greatest of respect there is absolutely nothing to that hoodie that would justify anything more than £50 max. No zip, no embroidery, nothing fancy about the design. They can spout their bunkum about materials used but they’re having folk for idiots with this stuff.

I have one of these (the non rangers ones) and honestly, I love it. I have stuff from Patagonia, North Face etc. and this hoody is my go-to for anything I do outdoors. It is water, and windproof, which is rare for a material that looks like a normal hoodie. In short, if you spend this kind of money on clothes, I would highly recommend one.

Those worrying about how much others are spending on clothes need to realise the world we live in now, my nephew spends £150-200 on a bloody tshirt.

Their own Garcia hoody is £165 so in what way is it a rip off?
Plus if people are happy to pay that let them.
Im sure they dont need your approval to do so.
So many folk on here saying "that's a rip off" ot "i wouldn't pay that" etc etc. Simple answer is dont buy anything you dont want to.
Buying Rangers merchandise isnt like paying tax. No one forces you to purchase anything. Everyone has a choice.
They certainly don’t need anyone’s approval, let alone mine. I think their Garcia hoodie, with Rangers logos on or not, is overpriced. Waterproof materials, allegedly, or not.

Unfortunately, most of what has come from these boys so far reeks of chancers. Overpriced tat jumpers, poor quality strips, rubbish customer service. Difficult to take them seriously or believe them.

They certainly don’t need anyone’s approval, let alone mine. I think their Garcia hoodie, with Rangers logos on or not, is overpriced. Waterproof materials, allegedly, or not.

Unfortunately, most of what has come from these boys so far reeks of chancers. Overpriced tat jumpers, poor quality strips, rubbish customer service. Difficult to take them seriously or believe them.
My mate has a non Rangers garcia and it is top quality and is certainly waterproof.
Not most of the stuff...some.
Yes there have been issues but not to the levels some would have you believe.
As with any product there are always flaws. Just the nature of mass production unfortunately.
However their customer service needs addressed and overhauled and that is a quick and easy step to take

I have one of these (the non Rangers ones) and honestly, I love it. I have stuff from Patagonia, North Face etc. and this hoody is my go-to for anything I do outdoors. It is water, and windproof, which is rare for a material that looks like a normal hoodie. In short, if you spend this kind of money on clothes, I would highly recommend one.

Do the tassles not get in the way when doing things outdoors?

The black badge on Pro Kit‘s was upside down on Tavs jersey today.

The Castore badge on Tavs jersey during his interview had visibly peeled away on the right hand side

Jordan Jones castore badge also had visible damage today.

Very worrying as we are playing out to a worldwide audience and it hasn't gone unnoticed by our 'rivals' on social media

Castore in short has been a absolute shambles and it is high time they not only acknowledged fully their shortcomings but also start to put things right, this is the biggest exposure they will ever get and they are in real jeopardy of sealing the fate of their brand.

I’ve washed my black shirt three times and the lettering on the inside at the neck is all coming off.

Not holding much hope out that the rest of the shirt will survive many more wearings.

Never happened before with any other kit I’ve had.

My son has all three kits and all the shirts look years old just absolute garbage - he has the new PSG kit this season and it is light years ahead, I appreciate can’t compare Nike with this rubbish but with the prices they are charging for tracksuits, t shirts and hoodies it makes it a very fair comparison.

Last edited:
I’ve washed my black shirt three times and the lettering on the inside at the neck is all coming off.

Not holding much hope out that the rest of the shirt will survive many more wearings.

Never happened before with any other kit I’ve had.
Are you washing at 30 degrees

It’s one thing if a batch of supporters kits are shoddily produced, but not the players. That’s a completely unacceptable situation and the club needs to get it sorted quick.

Either Castore’s gear was never what it was cracked up to be or they’ve gone too cheap in the manufacturing of their entire football line

Let’s not suggest the poster isn’t washing the shirt correct - the examples we have seen of the badges peeling on the inside and out are nothing short of a shambles.
That’s before we touch on the lies on different shirts (pro versions haven’t been released yet) garbage service and worse quality.
I only asked as my son buys a lot of expensive clothes and always washes at 30 he pays £200 for a t-shirts and more it's crazy money so looks after them.
Castore have been a joke instead of coming clean they lie or ignore the problems.
It was always a risk the only positive fat Mike never matched the contract

Theres far too many examplesfrom punters of how shoddy the quality of the tops are. Which has put me off buying.

But now there's growing examples of our own players gear! Castore need to answer

I’ve not even worn mine yet. Was waiting till we got back to games but even then with all these stories I might not bother wearing it.

I’ve worn and washed my black shirt a good few times now, Seems to be holding up ok, but I’ve not really inspected it very closely.

The players stuff is beyond a joke though. All the chatter from Beahon about how they will give the players the best of the best etc
I’m really frustrated as this partnership could have been great for both parties. I honestly think it’s maybe beyond repair now. No real acknowledgement from the club or Castore either

Back