Patrick Harvie tweet

One solitary person among a sea of folk with his arm raised above the banner, you really can't say he's definitely doing a nazi salute, looks more like he's lifting his arm off the banner.

Thing that makes this salute dubious to it being what they say it is is that no-one else around him is doing anything other than talking amongst themselves.

An attempt by Harvey to make trouble where there is none.

Why do some of support want to hurt the club so much?

If its not this its singing about them and the pope, and they have the cheek to claim its only them obsessed.

Mate, that is an argument that won't be won. Show that to anyone, and I mean anyone, out of our wee Rangers bubble and 100% of them call it a far right salute. If we continue not to grasp this, as I suspect, then we are fucked. I can't, and won't, try and make it any clearer. We give our enemies a chance they will always grasp when we do this. Then we get the predictable "aye but it is a different type of salute that is identical to the Nazi one" argument. Wise up.

So what's the answer? Do we just just toddle off to the game with our hands in our pockets, don't sing any songs in case it offends anybody, soon they'll ban us from wearing colours as that will upset them as well.
While I can see where you are coming from regarding the red hand salute it doesn't really matter as we're fecked anyway.
What people need to realise is this, no matter how much we concede to these bast@rds it will never be enough, they will keep coming after us.
There is no easy answer but I was always brought up never to take shite from anybody especially 19th Century Terrorist bast@rds. So on that basis I say feck it, we are what we are, let them know it loud and proud.

So what's the answer? Do we just just toddle off to the game with our hands in our pockets, don't sing any songs in case it offends anybody, soon they'll ban us from wearing colours as that will upset them as well.
While I can see where you are coming from regarding the red hand salute it doesn't really matter as we're fecked anyway.
What people need to realise is this, no matter how much we concede to these bast@rds it will never be enough, they will keep coming after us.
There is no easy answer but I was always brought up never to take shite from anybody especially 19th Century Terrorist bast@rds. So on that basis I say feck it, we are what we are, let them know it loud and proud.
All great except a right hand salute isn’t what we are and never has been. It’s self indulgent rubbish performed by about .001% of our support. Anyone ever seen their old boy or grandad do this pish at games? Any players? Staff? No, because it’s exclusively a bevvied up young team that does it. And it has to stop.

All great except a right hand salute isn’t what we are and never has been. It’s self indulgent rubbish performed by about .001% of our support. Anyone ever seen their old boy or grandad do this pish at games? Any players? Staff? No, because it’s exclusively a bevvied up young team that does it. And it has to stop.

I'm not disagreeing with you regarding the red hand salute but do you really think if it's never seen again the likes of Harvie and our other enemies will call a halt? Do you honestly think that will end the attacks?

You need to get to a few away games ;)

Patrick Harvie, leader of the Scottish Greens has just tweeted the following.
https://mobile.twitter.com/patrickharvie/status/973163344424263680?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

dDxEiS

An absolutely ridiculous, defamatory attempt to besmirch the reputation of Rangers and Rangers fans. There is zero evidence to support his statement.
A tweet aimed to pander to a certain subset of people.
A Club1972 response to this and tweets from other politicians in recent days for use of the word hun and spreading the lie that Rangers fans were doing nazi salutes is 100% needed.
Maybe even a response from Rangers themselves.[/Q
One solitary person among a sea of folk with his arm raised above the banner, you really can't say he's definitely doing a nazi salute, looks more like he's lifting his arm off the banner.

Thing that makes this salute dubious to it being what they say it is is that no-one else around him is doing anything other than talking amongst themselves.

Exactly. I wonder if he complains as much when one of his friends puts his fist up

Its fashionable to get stuck into rangers and the fans. Wee fuds like Patrick need to be seen to be trendy and relevant.

Its been the same since we imploded. Any tim, dick or paddy with a forum will stick their neb in without any understanding of what's going on. There is an incessant push to dehumanise the club's support and marginalise us. Its a source of amusement to many but there is a more serious and sinister side to it.

Wee fannies like this exacerbate the situation it with cherry picking of 'news stories' like this to share. %^*& 'em.

It's not even clear if it was a right handed salute but if it was then it absolutely doesn't represent the Rangers support. This was a cheap attempt to denigrate all the Rangers fans with manipulative 'journalism' I just wish those few who indulge in this behaviour would think before they act. They play right into the hands of those hungry to blacken our reputation. We don't condone fascism in any form.

I understand what you are saying but to change the traditions and culture of our club and supporters to please others is something we will never do. Never ever.

That ‘salute’ has absolutely nothing to do with Rangers or the traditions and culture of the club.

It needs binned immediately.

The problem is 99% of people seeing that associate it with Nazism /fascism

Exactly, whatever anyone thinks it is, it is not helping anything to do with Ulster, Unionism, Britishness, Rangers.

It is an exercise in self harm and will be used to slander and demonise all of the above.

Our enemies will be absolutely delighted to see Rangers fans doing it.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it’s a duck
https://twitter.com/UnionBears/status/973256614139572230

So what's this, 3 Bears doing a Black Power salute then with their fist in the air ?
It's crystal clear to me that they're singing a song when that picture is taken and since he's holding the banner he can only use one arm in the air. I've done it myself plenty of times when I had a beer or something in 1 hand.

Last edited:

So what's this, 3 Bears doing a Black Power salute then with their fist in the air ?
It's crystal clear to me that they're singing a song when that picture is taken and since he's holding the banner he can only use one arm in the air. I've done it myself plenty of times when I had a beer or something in 1 hand.

I can’t see much wrong with the pic, I am referring to the “red hand salute” thing that the majority of rangers fans need to have explained to them as most of us don’t know what it is.

I dont even think its any type of salute. Its a still picture taking from a march. I dont think its deliberate at all. I dont know any 'nazi' involved in all of the UB or the section from my time in the section. It's just not a far right group no matter how much they try and portray it as that. Infact their was an Asian boy standing in the section in my time.

I know of chap in there who is very left wing and believes the Guardian is a reputable news publication. :D

If anyone is on twitter perhaps him for his comments on the sectarian abuse of Russell Martin.

Mate, that is an argument that won't be won. Show that to anyone, and I mean anyone, out of our wee Rangers bubble and 100% of them call it a far right salute. If we continue not to grasp this, as I suspect, then we are fucked. I can't, and won't, try and make it any clearer. We give our enemies a chance they will always grasp when we do this. Then we get the predictable "aye but it is a different type of salute that is identical to the Nazi one" argument. Wise up.
people see what they want to see and especially those that wear blinkers towards a certain group within society.

Open goal by the union bears.

F*nians, salutes and balaclavas. Embarrassing stuff.
what would Patrick Harvey say about this group of hooligans known as the GB marching through the streets of GLasgow towards their stadium with flares and smokes bombs and all with the help of our police!

Never in a million years is that any kind of salute.
The lad is obviously looking at others in the group and saying something and directing something
The trouble maker here is the tweeter.

Tweeter need to keep fingers away from keyboard and put them somewhere else.

When we stop shooting ourselves in the foot we’ll be able to laugh at their lies. The reason they’re all over the march and adding bits is because of the flyer from the very start.

People would rather back up Harvie than Rangers fans. Its clear as day the boy is just singing with his hands raised, as happens across the world. It's a massive jump to take a Nazi salute from that picture.

Aw naw !

My wee Bear Pic is doing it as well

Bears need to wake up and educate their peer groups that a giving these lentil munchers their 2nd vote is as dangerous as voting foe Sein snp !

Wakey Wakey Time

Harvie is a typical self loathing tree hugging British hating minorities embracing left wing Nancy boy who thinks money grows on trees, the country of his birth is the source of all evil, and saying naughty words is worth throwing someone in jail for (as long those words are on the Trendy Brigade offence list).

A great example of why our once great nation is now totally fecked.

This is spot on.

Anything presented without context can be made to look or sound really bad.

Having watched the video from the Union Bears march it looks as simple as a guy having his hand up when the picture is took.

It does for our supporters. The same support that follow Rangers every single week.
That is absolute shite, I'm pro Billy boys ffs, and the most bigoted cunt you'll meet according to most mentally challengeds I know, and I don't know many.
Even I can see quite obviously that this salute is nothing but an open goal to these bastards.

After watching the video I've went from calling it a red hand salute to just calling it what it is; a guy with one hand in the air singing a song.

But as the old saying goes, a lie gets halfway round the world before the truth has the chance to get it's pants on.

This isn't a coincidence. It's a deliberate campaign in the press and amongst high ranking people who don't like Rangers.

We've seen it before with the Hibs cup final and the lies about our fans blocking police vans.

As I said earlier in the thread it's insidious and has been for as long back as 1999 when the day after we clinched the treble The Sunday Mail ran their main story as John Greig at a fan event pictured with Michael Stone.

a nothing who has too much to say for himself, all because he helped his snp bumchums stay in power, you would think a right on wee guy like patrick would stay in royston or govanhill beside all the people he cares about rather than the west end,typical west end luvvie kunt.

Should this wee wanker not be more concerned about people putting their refuse into the correct bins for recycling..?

GREEN party,you say..?

Ok livibear,I’ll ask you the same question I’ve asked many tims.
What is in the word 19th Century Terrorist,that’s offensive,up to now the only answer they can muster is,”well,that’s what you call us”none that I’ve asked even know the dictionary meaning of the word.
Eventually they give up and change the subject.
If it’s deemed acceptable to call me the h word,I’m damn sure it’s acceptable for me to call them 19th Century Terrorists,and that my friend is how it will remain.

I couldn’t agree with you more mate.

I made these exact points to the SNP councillor from Oban who was grandstanding last night.

The way to ‘win’ the argument is to go after ‘Hun’ as vociferously as they want after ‘19th Century Terrorist’.

I guarantee this would garner support from the club.

It’s quite clearly a concerted effort amongst some in the SNP and far left in Scottish politics to portray our support as a Britain First branch party. Probably with a plan regarding another referendum.

Putting 19th Century Terrorists on a flyer is insane! Just call the C*****

It’s quite clearly a concerted effort amongst some in the SNP and far left in Scottish politics to portray our support as a Britain First branch party. Probably with a plan regarding another referendum.

Putting 19th Century Terrorists on a flyer is insane! Just call the C*****
Very much doubt they will get a second referendum mate.

This is spot on.

Anything presented without context can be made to look or sound really bad.

Having watched the video from the Union Bears march it looks as simple as a guy having his hand up when the picture is took.

I’ve since seen another picture on Twitter of 2 lads one behind the other giving what looks remarkably like a nazi salute.

Patrick Harvie is a bitter pro independence toad who hates Rangers supporters. It's why he says the things he says. He'll tell lies no matter what.
Let him keep trolling on Twitter. Keep asking when he's going to get busy with work he was elected for.
It's as plain as day Rangers supporters are attacked by independence supporting politicians because we are viewed as Unionist. The aim of Green Patrick is to throw far right extremist mud at Rangers supporters, and if it sticks link it to Unionism. Harvie is a horrible Britain hating fascist. He's been in Holyrood for years doing nothing for the people of Scotland. Ranting about Rangers fans on Twitter, and trying to get soldiers sacked from the army for taking part in armed services day is what he spends his time on.

What a little creep. This is how these fecking Maggots work their poison. An SNP lackey. Pathetic wee chutney ferret that spends his time pulling crap like this.
I wish people would drop the salute though, did I it myself as a kid, but it just looks wrong.

Horrible little rodent. The fact that cockroach is even taken remotely seriously about anything tells you all you need to know about Scottish politics and general intelligence at the minute.

He’s an embrassment who should be laughed at and ridiculed for his “politics” and “policies”.

Patrick, go take a flying %^*& to yourself.

i wish we had a dislike button for posts on here!
awt539.jpg

He's talking about that pic.

I wish I could dumb my brain down enough as you do to pretend that is OK and just two people waving at someone. I really do, but I guess I can't be as stupid as you no matter how much I try.

awt539.jpg

He's talking about that pic.

I wish I could dumb my brain down enough as you do to pretend that is OK and just two people waving at someone. I really do, but I guess I can't be as stupid as you no matter how much I try.

You dont need to try hard to dumb your brain down as you are already there. This picture could have been taken whilst they had been holding their hands up whilst singing or shouting something.

you are seeing what you want to see.

oh christ.. didnt realise they did a nazi style salute in harry Potter

harry-potter.jpg

Back