Patrick McGuire speaks to BBC Radio on Celtic Boys Club Abuse

Bluethruandthru

Were the questions directly submitted to the interviewer by the fat Jap?
Exactly this.

You can hear just how guarded she is and how desperate she is to push the official cfc stance on the matter at every opportunity.

I would love to know exactly how these people are primed for interviews such as this and the channels of communication, although even an idiot could determine the identity of the source.

Gallant_Few

The people in charge of Celtic at the time of these offences need to be brought to account. The club should compensating all victims of these monsters but the ex owners and directors need jail time.

jf1960

Some of these attacks happened in the mhurky corridors of Celtic Park and Barrowfield Training Ground. So are random people just allowed in these places with a child and nobody says a thing ?

muttley

What a disgusting cow that BBC presenter is. " Is it a financial motive here to try and link the two organisations, Celtc Boys Club and Celtc FC. ? " She's acting like Celtc's defence brief in a courtroom, with the not so subtle insinuation that the victims only want money and not justice.

Brotybear

Surely the auditors of the holding company must have a view on the need for a contingent liability in Celtic FC’s Accounts for claims from the victims before they can certify them?

Or do they accept the claim that the two organisations are separate entities?

If they don’t accept that claim, then surely they cannot sign off the Accounts without Celtic FC declaring the contingent liability?

jf1960

In my opinion now Celtic Football Club have backed themselves into a corner that's gonna be very hard if not impossible to get out of. I don't know who is advising them but that is 2 similar statements now which doesn't really give them a get out if or when they are found guilty of not only allowing " child rape " under their watch but covering it up also.

kai-Johansen59

When I first heard that Separate Entity FC had started some form of "light show" it just reminded me of the Academy Award Film "Spotlight".

What was the film about again?

It will come to me in a minute?

I remember now it was about The Boston Globe's investigation as they "shone the light" on various Roman Catholic Priest's child sex abuse activities in the United States and the related cover up.

Sounds familiar to the what has been happening in the East End.

There are numerous links etc about this on the internet but I don't have the technical knowledge of how to display them.

dt17

It really sounds like this lawyer is digging in for the long haul. Sounds as if they're banged to rights.

The interviewer clearly trying to say they're not the same club and that victims are just trouble making and looking for a payout.

Ghost of Troubled Joe

What a disgusting cow that BBC presenter is. f" Is it a financial motive here to try and link the two organisations, Celtc Boys Club and Celtc FC. ? " She's acting like Celtc's defence brief in a courtroom, with the not so subtle insinuation that the victims only want money and not justice.
If the prospect of there being no financial payout to the abused and only a verdict of guilt by association delivered would she then say,
"Aye ok c*lt*c are culpable, now let's move on "
It's the money that matters to them, not the kids or the shame.

jf1960

Made that point in a thread yesterday.
They took all the acclaim for their superb youth policy, often at our expense, including the much heralded “Quality Street Kids”.
The had first option on the CBC players.
The CBC directors were also Celtic officials.
Anything negative though?
Separate Entity!
Jock Stein sacked Torbett, someone within Celtic FC gave him his job back

muttley

If the prospect of there being no financial payout to the abused and only a verdict of guilt by association delivered would she then say,
"Aye ok c*lt*c are culpable, now let's move on "
It's the money that matters to them, not the kids or the shame.
For a presenter of the BBC to more than imply that the sole motivation of victims of endemic sexual abuse is money is utterly disgusting.

Bolton Bear

most people seem to be forgetting 2 things , 2 very important things when it comes to this case.
rc church and the snp!

the snp wont want this looked at, so will do everything they can to make it go away including manipulation of the media

and the rc church who along with cfc were taken off any watch list when it came to historical abuse cases!
there was a reason for this and its quite obvious to me anyway that representatives from cfc, rc church and the snp must have sat down at one point together and spoke about this whole thing!

and id bet a large sum of money that certain parties would have used the threat of their cults followers voting allegiance to make sure this gets swept away and sadly we all know that the cult and the football entity are one....after all one doesnt support them without being the other and vice versa.

the outing of cfc on a larger scale will have the knock on effect of highlighting the "catholic" ethos when it comes to child abuse and the forgiveness pish and coverups

highlighting a sports entity that had an obvious organised paedophile ring operating with a massive rc following and ethos in its very foundation

and highlighting a government who decided religious and sports clubs would be exempt from and inclusion in historical abuse cases who also have a hand in rc matters and the support of rc's as voters

a real unholy trinity if you please

so there you have it, the unholy trinity including the other 2 entities in this case all of which come down to one important factor! the rc church and its dominance and sway in 21st century scotland.

put those 3 together and you have the mother of all historical cover ups which no on can recover from...not the club, not the church and not the government.!

unless of course it all takes place in a place called scotland.

ibroxbound

Got speaking to one of them while on holiday, he reckons that a few of them have been speaking about the ongoing cases and want the support to acknowledge the victims by dedicating their light show thing this Thursday at 67 minutes to the abused.

Highly doubt it, but if they did and the press picked up on it it may show there is some compassion amongst them.
Probably better off with a vigil.:rolleyes:

jf1960

After paying his business a million quid over 4 years which was a lot of money back then and would have bought a heck of a lot of trophies.

Wait a second ... could that money have been to buy something other than trophies?

Silence maybe.

Just a thought.
But a good thought

Fourladshadadream

Official Ticketer
Made that point in a thread yesterday.
They took all the acclaim for their superb youth policy, often at our expense, including the much heralded “Quality Street Kids”.
The had first option on the CBC players.
The CBC directors were also Celtic officials.
Anything negative though?
Separate Entity!
Seen something yesterday where one of the coaches went from the boys club to them and it was something like boys club loss but Celtics gain.

Danny McGrain and others coached them.

Arminius

Official Ticketer
“Celtic peddling the myth” that the boys club was a separate entity and issuing statements they’ve evidently “been told to issue by their lawyers”

As for that interviewer. :eek:

Last edited:

noucamp72

What a disgusting cow that BBC presenter is. " Is it a financial motive here to try and link the two organisations, Celtc Boys Club and Celtc FC. ? " She's acting like Celtc's defence brief in a courtroom, with the not so subtle insinuation that the victims only want money and not justice.
Totally agree,an absolutely disgusting stance to take on such a serious matter.

Protecting 'separate entity fc' was her only objective.
Trying to steer a lawyer in a certain direction backfired on her spectacularly.

Arminius

Official Ticketer
Good luck to all the abused folk..Hope they get plenty compensation.Money won't heal what they went through but maybe seeing someone or some entity held responsible can give a little comfort.
The prison sentences handed out so far have been appalling.

3 or 4 years for inflicting a lifetime of pain and suffering on these poor boys.

There’s another scandal in the sentencing alone.

Anyway, given that the paltry sentences handed out will no doubt have inflicted yet more pain and suffering on the lads involved, I really hope a civil court will eventually award them sums that they feel addresses the terrible injustice of having had to wait so long for justice and still never receiving a proper apology from the club they loved and who have let them down so badly.

justice1

For years they went on and on about how good the boys club was at producing home grown starlets, which then got sold on and provided funds for them. To now say they were separate entity is unbelievable. The comments from years ago must be available in print and surely shows the link.

borderbluenose

Should we expect some interesting paper articles ?
I would not expect so the media especially the BBC and Record ( get payments from CFC) I wonder if the lwayers in the States worry the Murdochs as they are now based in the states and would not want drawn into any media cover up they may be forced to run with the story now

tintin69

For years they went on and on about how good the boys club was at producing home grown starlets, which then got sold on and provided funds for them. To now say they were separate entity is unbelievable. The comments from years ago must be available in print and surely shows the link.
A trawl of old editions of the Septic View by the lawyers should gain much evidence.

One point of caution. The so called Quality Street Kids were not the boys club. It was their reserve team at the time.

DavieM

You could tell that interviewer wasn't even interested in any answers from the lawyer she was just making sure she got all of her pro-sellick "questions" in which in fact turned out to be mostly bheggars are innocent statements.

We all know that a full enquiry should be carried out by the Scottish government but that will never happen and it seems that the only chance of some form of justice taking place is to sue the arse of Bheast FC as they are still in full denial.

Hopefully this denial will be battered out them slowly and in a very public manner.

Haining84

I would not expect so the media especially the BBC and Record ( get payments from CFC) I wonder if the lwayers in the States worry the Murdochs as they are now based in the states and would not want drawn into any media cover up they may be forced to run with the story now
The Record have had countless front pages these last few months with Torbett on the front of it.

Covenanter1

They scummy tramps love to take the applauds and are forever claiming the moral high ground. It is to their deep shame and that if their supporters that the abuse not only took place but they are and were complicit in its denial and subsequent cover up.

Justice will be served on that rancid shower as it has been on those already caught and brought to trial
The victims will only then be able to hopefully move on I hope and pray