Patrick McGuire speaks to BBC Radio on Celtic Boys Club Abuse

The Double A Man

I am no supporter of the SNP or their divisive government believe me,but people asking for comment simply don't understand the legal system in this and any other civilised country.While there are still trials to come(McCafferty) they cannot make comment for fear of prejudicing the trial.It may be that witnesses from the previous trial MAY be called to give evidence in that trial and any comments made might influence the jury. As much as I would like to hear condemnation from this government and it's justice secretary I would expect to hear more once McCafferty is done and dusted.

Ubik

3 convictions in 3 months involving the Sellik Boys Club. The Holyrood silence is deliberate.
not just holyrood but everywhere. Ive not heard anyone in my work mention it yet back in 2012 many were tax experts and even non football fans were talking, not a peep from anyone.

I had a tarrier in my work say to me with a straight face when mourinho got sacked:

i can go back to supporting man utd again,i cant support any team with him as a manager. He's a horrible human being.

ffs you support celtic!

Derta

I am no supporter of the SNP or their divisive government believe me,but people asking for comment simply don't understand the legal system in this and any other civilised country.While there are still trials to come(McCafferty) they cannot make comment for fear of prejudicing the trial.It may be that witnesses from the previous trial MAY be called to give evidence in that trial and any comments made might influence the jury. As much as I would like to hear condemnation from this government and it's justice secretary I would expect to hear more once McCafferty is done and dusted.
Don’t know where you get that from mate. There has been three men convicted already. There is absolutely no harm what so ever in the government alluding to the fact they are aware and will comment st an appropriate time when any comments they make will not influence any further actions that may be outstanding. They are simply not making any statement along this line because they know to do so would end them with thier voting demographic.

Buffalo

The Justice secretary told a victims family he would get the local MSP to speak to them, then ignored every correspondence with them since.

The Double A Man

Don’t know where you get that from mate. There has been three men convicted already. There is absolutely no harm what so ever in the government alluding to the fact they are aware and will comment st an appropriate time when any comments they make will not influence any further actions that may be outstanding. They are simply not making any statement along this line because they know to do so would end them with their voting demographic.
I fully understand the point that you make even though it varies from the point that I was making.The real point I make is that some witnesses/accused for that matter may well be cited for the prosecution/defence in the upcoming case and that comments other than mere acknowledgement of the former cases might be prejudicial.

thetoptier

no you're right they don't understand it

a paedophile was recently found guilty and the c.unt's record expunged

they then tried to defend it

they can shove it up their arse, its not fit for purpose

muttley

Mate, the tabloids have already covered previous Celtc Boys Club trials and are all in the public domain. You could say that those widely read articles could prejudice any future trials involving Celtic Boys Club.

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
I must admit to having a nagging doubt. :(

What if Daly cherry-picked the articles from the celtc view?

i.e. ignoring earlier articles in that publication that stated "the boys club is a separate entity". Is it possible that they could have even "doctored" earlier publications? They've had over 30 years to do it.... probably a strategic implementation plan to prevent the club from being sued that was introduced by THE BUNNET?

These celtc views could then strangely (not ironic) offer a defence. With a search for copies of the original publications reaching offers of thousands of pounds on eBay? Sounds ridiculous I know, but I just worry we are underestimating the level of protection this entity has.

Will this lawyer with the dodgy name have been thorough, and instruct a junior to have every copy researched? One would hope so.

IrvineLoyal

Spoke with a boy who played with Celtics boy club in 1995 and he said police had been in touch took a statement etc

He said that 100s of compensation claims have been made against the seperate entity and his understanding is that it could ruin them.

bigwoo

There’s a little glimpse into a potentially repugnant defence set to be played here by Celtic.

“They’re only trying to link the two entities to make money.”

Making the football club, and not those sexually assaulted, the victim.
Absolutely what they are doing here

noucamp72

I remember years ago the Peasants actually invited victims to the Piggery. It might have been during the McCann era. Why would they even try to invent this " separate entity" horse manure when this is all known ? Its mental. :oops:
This 'separate entity' nonsense is littered with contradiction going right back to the very start.

Patrick McGuire seems confident he has a mountain of evidence to prove otherwise.
Then again this is the Scottish justice system we are talking about and celtic are a protected species.

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
Spoke with a boy who played with Celtics boy club in 1995 and he said police had been in touch took a statement etc

He said that 100s of compensation claims have been made against the seperate entity and his understanding is that it could ruin them.
Was he a victim IL?

Hopefully not. Do you know who told him that? Was it a beat cop sent out to do the interview?

The danger is the cop might not know and it's just gossip where they over estimating numbers.

;)I am not doubting the veracity of your post though mate.

IrvineLoyal

Was he a victim IL?

Hopefully not. Do you know who told him that? Was it a beat cop sent out to do the interview?

The danger is the cop might not know and it's just gossip where they over estimating numbers.

;)I am not doubting the veracity of your post though mate.

He said looking back now its easy to see what was going on

Lot of grabbing slapping and bear hugs in showers and changing room was his words.

I am sure he said Lawyers said 100s of claims in

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
Thanks mate. Horrible that we're not talking football but that's what celtc supporters (like this hack is) do.

Poison every fucking well they drink from.

Beanyrfc79

I must admit to having a nagging doubt. :(

What if Daly cherry-picked the articles from the celtc view?

i.e. ignoring earlier articles in that publication that stated "the boys club is a separate entity". Is it possible that they could have even "doctored" earlier publications? They've had over 30 years to do it.... probably a strategic implementation plan to prevent the club from being sued that was introduced by THE BUNNET?

These celtc views could then strangely (not ironic) offer a defence. With a search for copies of the original publications reaching offers of thousands of pounds on eBay? Sounds ridiculous I know, but I just worry we are underestimating the level of protection this entity has.

Will this lawyer with the dodgy name have been thorough, and instruct a junior to have every copy researched? One would hope so.
The bunnets not escaping this either as hes the guy who allowed mccafferty to resign later to return to the game to abuse

To paraphrase Just a boys game

Mccafferty and co ya teas oot