Patrick McGuire speaks to BBC Radio on Celtic Boys Club Abuse

Got speaking to one of them while on holiday, he reckons that a few of them have been speaking about the ongoing cases and want the support to acknowledge the victims by dedicating their light show thing this Thursday at 67 minutes to the abused.

Highly doubt it, but if they did and the press picked up on it it may show there is some compassion amongst them.
That isn't compassion. It is damage limitation.

There is no point in shutting the stable door long after the sexually abused horse has bolted to the services of Patrick McGuire.

Got speaking to one of them while on holiday, he reckons that a few of them have been speaking about the ongoing cases and want the support to acknowledge the victims by dedicating their light show thing this Thursday at 67 minutes to the abused.

Highly doubt it, but if they did and the press picked up on it it may show there is some compassion amongst them.

not a dig at you but not a chance that would happen . they don't want to acknowledge it even happening . there's more chance they would have a whataboutery banner about gordon neely

They shine their phones on 67 anyway do they not? Is this them trying to say they’ve been behind victims all along?

She was right to point out Celtics stance and to ask his opinion on it. What was odd was that after the lengthy and convincing rebuttal, she took the time to round off the interview insisting that Celtic claim to have done nothing wrong. A very strange tone in which to end an interview that Celtic don't want any part of.

Is she really asking his opinion on it though?

She states celtics position using terms like "regret" and "sympathy" and of course separate entity, then says "and that is the case, isn't it" meaning in her eyes she thinks celtic are right and they have a point.

In her mind this is a fact that she thinks the lawyer will back up on radio - she is trying to lead him - I don't think she expected to have it rammed back down her throat.

Her closing comments reiterating celtics stance was unnecessary unless she still believes it to be true or celtics lawyers have warned the BBC about any unbalanced reporting on the issue.

What happens if the child abusing cunts makes deals to silence the victims .
Do they still get investigated or does it get hushed up again ?

Anybody know who the BBC Scotland reporter was yet????

NS.

No idea mate

I don’t listen to Radio Scotland anymore but she was very protective of St Pats FC to the extent the lawyer had to forceably tell her she was giving a totally false opinion as both organisations are inextricably linked

The sham excuse St Pats have been claiming will be completely bulldozed in court

Payments to CBC by CFC
Players being transferred from official youth team straight to professional contracts at CFC
Officials have of CFC kicking out Torbett the first time. i.e. Jock Stein
The 4 CBC executives who tried to contact CFC directors (Jack McGinn) in 1991 when Cairney assaulted the youth player in New Jersey

There was an interesting article on Sky News earlier in the week.It was primarily in relation to some big companies having NDA-non disclosure agreements with some of their staff.I think it was coverage if the Sir Philip Green case. A lawyer, albeit in England stated that they were not valid if there was criminality involved and the victims had the right to go to the police if said criminality was there.If this is the case in Scotland and I have no reason to doubt it will be any different here then it may be possible for the lawyers to resurrect some of the more shady deals done,i.e. the one at the airport after the American tour carry on.

Fair play to the man for giving her short shrift.

"the two were utterly intertwined ..... the truth is Celtic Boys Club was the de facto, and probably more than that, youth system for Celtic Football Club .... CFC benefited year on year from players that came from CBC ..... you couldn't become a player at CFC without coming through CBC"

"they will be facing their day in the civil courts very very soon"

Strip Bheast FC of whatever trophies they ever won since Torbett formed ‘separate entity my arse fc’ way back in 1967!
Would the parents of players such as Charlie Nicholas etc etc still have allowed their sons to join ‘separate entity my arse fc’ if they were aware that many of the young players were being sexually abused? I don’t think so!

We need a forensic accountant to scrutinise CFC accounts.

1. Chase down payments to Trophy centre and get an explanation as to why £250,000 exactly for 4 years were paid.

2. Check to see if anyone on the St Pats structure had NI contributions or salary paid by the parent company.

HMRC should make Q1 their priority and compensation lawyers should make Q2 theirs
What I’d like to know is how the trophy centre could afford to sponsor junior football in the 80’s if indeed its the same company, that would have been costly.

I reckon if what we are led to believe that the Americans are looking into what happened there is true, then if they admit liability, then the yanks will have a field day with them.

What happens if the child abusing cunts makes deals to silence the victims .
Do they still get investigated or does it get hushed up again ?
I have a feeling they’ve tried that and it’s about to kick them square in the baws.

There’s a massive investigation required into all abuse cases in football but the biggest is the combined religious coverup at Steak Pie FC

A light show? A fücking light show? Aye let's just add a bit of razzmatazz to the subject...aye why not? This mob never cease to amaze me but what do you expect when they prefer to applaud tragedies and deaths instead of the correct humane silence of respect and reflection. Utter weirdos.

The Bheasts are still not apologising. That would be an admission of guilt mind you.
Apologies are too late anyway. Maybe they apologised back in the day to the familes involved in private when BJK was doing the rounds.
maybe they didnt

What I’d like to know is where the SFA are in all this?

They have been pursuing Rangers for 7 years now and still haven’t given any word on whether they plan to take us to the CAS, but a nonce ring at one of their other member club and it’s silence all round.
I detest them as much as anybody, but in fairness I think their hands are tied until such time as the final case(McCafferty) is over.There has been an enquiry done by Martin Henry,a well known expert in child abuse affairs and he has already came out and said that there are quite revealing findings that will be published once the cases are out of the way.I would even stretch this to account for the Scottish Governments silence(I also have no time for them in the slightest).All will be revealed I believe in good time.

It's weird how these champions of morality who were set up for the poor and under privileged and who highlight injustices of the world with their political statements and banners haven't started showing"justice for the victims" banners at their games.
A club that prays on the weak!!

Were the questions directly submitted to the interviewer by the fat Japanese?

Exactly this.

You can hear just how guarded she is and how desperate she is to push the official cfc stance on the matter at every opportunity.

I would love to know exactly how these people are primed for interviews such as this and the channels of communication, although even an idiot could determine the identity of the source.

The people in charge of Celtic at the time of these offences need to be brought to account. The club should compensating all victims of these monsters but the ex owners and directors need jail time.

Some of these attacks happened in the mhurky corridors of Celtic Park and Barrowfield Training Ground. So are random people just allowed in these places with a child and nobody says a thing ?

What a disgusting cow that BBC presenter is. " Is it a financial motive here to try and link the two organisations, Celtc Boys Club and Celtc FC. ? " She's acting like Celtc's defence brief in a courtroom, with the not so subtle insinuation that the victims only want money and not justice.

Surely the auditors of the holding company must have a view on the need for a contingent liability in Celtic FC’s Accounts for claims from the victims before they can certify them?

Or do they accept the claim that the two organisations are separate entities?

If they don’t accept that claim, then surely they cannot sign off the Accounts without Celtic FC declaring the contingent liability?

In my opinion now Celtic Football Club have backed themselves into a corner that's gonna be very hard if not impossible to get out of. I don't know who is advising them but that is 2 similar statements now which doesn't really give them a get out if or when they are found guilty of not only allowing " child rape " under their watch but covering it up also.

When I first heard that Separate Entity FC had started some form of "light show" it just reminded me of the Academy Award Film "Spotlight".

What was the film about again?

It will come to me in a minute?

I remember now it was about The Boston Globe's investigation as they "shone the light" on various Roman Catholic Priest's child sex abuse activities in the United States and the related cover up.

Sounds familiar to the what has been happening in the East End.

There are numerous links etc about this on the internet but I don't have the technical knowledge of how to display them.

It really sounds like this lawyer is digging in for the long haul. Sounds as if they're banged to rights.

The interviewer clearly trying to say they're not the same club and that victims are just trouble making and looking for a payout.

What a disgusting cow that BBC presenter is. f" Is it a financial motive here to try and link the two organisations, Celtc Boys Club and Celtc FC. ? " She's acting like Celtc's defence brief in a courtroom, with the not so subtle insinuation that the victims only want money and not justice.
If the prospect of there being no financial payout to the abused and only a verdict of guilt by association delivered would she then say,
"Aye ok c*lt*c are culpable, now let's move on "
It's the money that matters to them, not the kids or the shame.

Made that point in a thread yesterday.
They took all the acclaim for their superb youth policy, often at our expense, including the much heralded “Quality Street Kids”.
The had first option on the CBC players.
The CBC directors were also Celtic officials.
Anything negative though?
Separate Entity!
Jock Stein sacked Torbett, someone within Celtic FC gave him his job back

If the prospect of there being no financial payout to the abused and only a verdict of guilt by association delivered would she then say,
"Aye ok c*lt*c are culpable, now let's move on "
It's the money that matters to them, not the kids or the shame.

For a presenter of the BBC to more than imply that the sole motivation of victims of endemic sexual abuse is money is utterly disgusting.

most people seem to be forgetting 2 things , 2 very important things when it comes to this case.
rc church and the snp!

the snp wont want this looked at, so will do everything they can to make it go away including manipulation of the media

and the rc church who along with cfc were taken off any watch list when it came to historical abuse cases!
there was a reason for this and its quite obvious to me anyway that representatives from cfc, rc church and the snp must have sat down at one point together and spoke about this whole thing!

and id bet a large sum of money that certain parties would have used the threat of their cults followers voting allegiance to make sure this gets swept away and sadly we all know that the cult and the football entity are one....after all one doesnt support them without being the other and vice versa.

the outing of cfc on a larger scale will have the knock on effect of highlighting the "catholic" ethos when it comes to child abuse and the forgiveness pish and coverups

highlighting a sports entity that had an obvious organised paedophile ring operating with a massive rc following and ethos in its very foundation

and highlighting a government who decided religious and sports clubs would be exempt from and inclusion in historical abuse cases who also have a hand in rc matters and the support of rc's as voters

a real unholy trinity if you please

so there you have it, the unholy trinity including the other 2 entities in this case all of which come down to one important factor! the rc church and its dominance and sway in 21st century scotland.

put those 3 together and you have the mother of all historical cover ups which no on can recover from...not the club, not the church and not the government.!

unless of course it all takes place in a place called scotland.

Probably better off with a vigil.:rolleyes:

After paying his business a million quid over 4 years which was a lot of money back then and would have bought a heck of a lot of trophies.

Wait a second ... could that money have been to buy something other than trophies?

Silence maybe.

Just a thought.
But a good thought

Back