Patrick McGuire speaks to BBC Radio on Celtic Boys Club Abuse

Made that point in a thread yesterday.
They took all the acclaim for their superb youth policy, often at our expense, including the much heralded “Quality Street Kids”.
The had first option on the CBC players.
The CBC directors were also Celtic officials.
Anything negative though?
Separate Entity!

Seen something yesterday where one of the coaches went from the boys club to them and it was something like boys club loss but Celtics gain.

Danny McGrain and others coached them.

“Celtic peddling the myth” that the boys club was a separate entity and issuing statements they’ve evidently “been told to issue by their lawyers”

As for that interviewer. :eek:

Last edited:
What a disgusting cow that BBC presenter is. " Is it a financial motive here to try and link the two organisations, Celtc Boys Club and Celtc FC. ? " She's acting like Celtc's defence brief in a courtroom, with the not so subtle insinuation that the victims only want money and not justice.
Totally agree,an absolutely disgusting stance to take on such a serious matter.

Protecting 'separate entity fc' was her only objective.
Trying to steer a lawyer in a certain direction backfired on her spectacularly.

Good luck to all the abused folk..Hope they get plenty compensation.Money won't heal what they went through but maybe seeing someone or some entity held responsible can give a little comfort.

The prison sentences handed out so far have been appalling.

3 or 4 years for inflicting a lifetime of pain and suffering on these poor boys.

There’s another scandal in the sentencing alone.

Anyway, given that the paltry sentences handed out will no doubt have inflicted yet more pain and suffering on the lads involved, I really hope a civil court will eventually award them sums that they feel addresses the terrible injustice of having had to wait so long for justice and still never receiving a proper apology from the club they loved and who have let them down so badly.

For years they went on and on about how good the boys club was at producing home grown starlets, which then got sold on and provided funds for them. To now say they were separate entity is unbelievable. The comments from years ago must be available in print and surely shows the link.

Should we expect some interesting paper articles ?
I would not expect so the media especially the BBC and Record ( get payments from CFC) I wonder if the lwayers in the States worry the Murdochs as they are now based in the states and would not want drawn into any media cover up they may be forced to run with the story now

For years they went on and on about how good the boys club was at producing home grown starlets, which then got sold on and provided funds for them. To now say they were separate entity is unbelievable. The comments from years ago must be available in print and surely shows the link.
A trawl of old editions of the Septic View by the lawyers should gain much evidence.

One point of caution. The so called Quality Street Kids were not the boys club. It was their reserve team at the time.

You could tell that interviewer wasn't even interested in any answers from the lawyer she was just making sure she got all of her pro-sellick "questions" in which in fact turned out to be mostly bheggars are innocent statements.

We all know that a full enquiry should be carried out by the Scottish government but that will never happen and it seems that the only chance of some form of justice taking place is to sue the arse of Bheast FC as they are still in full denial.

Hopefully this denial will be battered out them slowly and in a very public manner.

I would not expect so the media especially the BBC and Record ( get payments from CFC) I wonder if the lwayers in the States worry the Murdochs as they are now based in the states and would not want drawn into any media cover up they may be forced to run with the story now
The Record have had countless front pages these last few months with Torbett on the front of it.

They scummy tramps love to take the applauds and are forever claiming the moral high ground. It is to their deep shame and that if their supporters that the abuse not only took place but they are and were complicit in its denial and subsequent cover up.

Justice will be served on that rancid shower as it has been on those already caught and brought to trial
The victims will only then be able to hopefully move on I hope and pray

The Record have had countless front pages these last few months with Torbett on the front of it.
Yep. As much as I do not like the Records sports section these days they have been giving plenty of exposure to the beasts convicted on the front pages.

It's weird how these champions of morality who were set up for the poor and under privileged and who highlight injustices of the world with their political statements and banners haven't started showing"justice for the victims" banners at their games.
They're not interested unless they were politically oppressed in anyway

When this mob reluctantly compensate the victims, we should be leading the charge to have them thrown out of Scottish football for good.
yip, and we all need to play our part in pushing for this,,they will hope to move on pretty quickly from this and turn their focus onto hurting us,,i hope our board are up to the task when this happens

Let's just say it isn't just the Scottish Sun that will be printing about them over the next few weeks. Today's news about the American angle was just the beginning. This isn't going away you know.

Won't ask how you know but are you sure? If so, what's the scale of the news that'll break?

I found the way she said his name very strange. Hopefully Patrick McGuire can get the victims and their families some closure.

They used this as some sort of badge as to how good a man Stein was, a bit like the local priest who was moved to another parish seemingly it makes it okay.

When I was at Uni, I remember being told a story from one of them about how Jock Stein found out about it all and booted Jim Torbett out of his office. It was spoken about as if it was a badge of honour at the time, which was in the late 90s. I find it amazing that an entire fanbase can consciously wipe out accepted facts like this and collectively start believing something else.

Was just about to write the same. t that point of the interview it would normally just be “Patrick” but she emphasised the full name.

Was this a “come on m8 you’re one of us” type of plea/hint?

He'll be joining Mo Johnstone, Neil McCann, Amo and all of our Catholic players on the list. No longer a "proper" Catholic in their eyes

So there is substance to what the guy was speaking of? I had it down as a guy with a few beers too many in him trying to come over as a responsible human being. I don't have any celtc fans in my daily circle or go on any of their sites etc.
The closest i see are the maniacs who post shite on social media, surely there must be a sizeable amount who as these beasts are being convicted one by one can see this was under their watch, and is not acceptable in any way to turn a blind eye, it totally goes against all normal human behaviour!
There is no substance in what he says at all.

This story broke in April 1994 (the end of season 93/94)
The response of sellick fans was to increase attendances by almost 40% in season 94/95.
They set an all time season attendance record in their then 107 year history.

Andrew Grays sister was forced off social media, his mother comes in for abuse for still fighting for an independent inquiry.

I have never met any of them who accept their clubs role in this.
I doubt that'll change anytime soon.

Tve interviewer was disgraceful in her line of questioning.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no faith in the Scottish Government instructing an independent inquiry or carry out a proper I enquiry into this matter, it would need an outside authority for it to be non protective. We’ve seen our government exclude sports clubs and associations already for no other reason other than to protect Celtic.

If my memory isn't playing tricks, between 1972, Scotland Today stating, and 1978, the end of Stein's reign as Celtic manager, there is a interview with Stein that focusses on the Boys Club. I think it would make for very interesting viewing if it was still around.

When this mob reluctantly compensate the victims, we should be leading the charge to have them thrown out of Scottish football for good.

When they pay up to all the youngsters the scum infiltrated they will have nothing left.
That rancid club will then be shut down for good.
They are scum and this scum club is only the tip of the iceberg as far as the scum religion that they follow.
Scum bastards from cradle to grave, may they rot in hell forever.

When I was at Uni, I remember being told a story from one of them about how Jock Stein found out about it all and booted Jim Torbett out of his office. It was spoken about as if it was a badge of honour at the time, which was in the late 90s. I find it amazing that an entire fanbase can consciously wipe out accepted facts like this and collectively start believing something else.

The Odious Creep claimed that Stein booting out Torbett, therefore confirming Stein's complicity in the subsequent cover up of a multitude of crimes, was just a vicious internet rumour started by Rangers fans.

Back