Patrick Thistle Rainbow Strip

If anything these threads are good for shining a light on some knuckle draggers. Fair play to Partick, even if it is self serving and not 100% sincere, football is still a sport that I think definitely doesn’t feel inclusive to the LGBT community. That’ll be why there are still so fewer gay players willing to be open about their sexuality.

I'd agree with this, I'm a big supporter of the LGBT folk but the strip is most definitely Partick Thistle further trying to market themselves as the progressive club in Glasgow but in a business sense you can't blame them. It makes perfect sense that to a certain section of people who see the Rangers and Celtic as "2 sides of the same sectarian coin" then Partick Thistle are painting themselves as the team they'll be take their kids to watch and be around other folk looking for the sanitised football experience.

Interesting side point, do you reckon there are loads of gay footballers hiding who they are in Scotland and the UK? On the basis of literally no evidence other than my gut I say no. Much like young Asians here, it doesn't appear that many from these communities have much of an interest in football as a career, whether thats about integration at a younger age, identity or confidence issues at key development ages or just general lack interest, who knows?

A Rangers fan shouldn't need to ask that question .
See, the thing is, beyond a few posts saying "you're at it" and your own response, the question hasn't been answered.

I genuinely want to know. The orange stuff isn't mentioned anywhere in our club's history. I'm aware of the bowl in the trophy room which was presented by the OO in the mid 50s but what was it presented for?

And don't take my post as an attack on the OO - to each their own as far as the religious stuff goes, and they do a huge amount for charity which can only be applauded - but I od not see any reason for our club to have had an orange strip.

Just a bit of fun and to make people smile.
Why is it not relevant? .ive already emailed Hummel and suggested instead of red tops on the socks have a rainbow instead .

Good idea tbf.

Could do a kit thats predominately orange but with a red stripe at the top then a yellow, blue and a purple strip set of socks. Leave the green off completely though obviously. Would appeal to both the Orange kit fanclub and the Elton John loyal in the oner

From a personal point of view anyone I know including family members that were connected to the Orange order have all had strong leanings toward Rangers, also during Advocaat's time at Rangers we had a strong Dutch connection hence the orange cup final against Abergreen which I had the pleasure of attending. In reply to TinyRick

From a personal point of view anyone I know including family members that were connected to the Orange order have all had strong leanings toward Rangers, also during Advocaat's time at Rangers we had a strong Dutch connection hence the orange cup final against Abergreen which I had the pleasure of attending. In reply to TinyRick
The Dutch one is fair enough, but in the context of my comment - I was replying to someone who asked what a rainbow flag has to do with PT when I asked what Orange has to do with us - being the devil's Dick Advocaat if you will - I know lots of the OO lean towards us but that doesn't make Orangeism part of the club's identity anymore than Partick putting a rainbow on their kit makes LGBTQI+ part of their club's identity.

Edit: I'll re-read this when I get up and make sure it makes sense (nightshift worker)

The Dutch one is fair enough, but in the context of my comment - I was replying to someone who asked what a rainbow flag has to do with PT when I asked what Orange has to do with us - being the devil's Dick Advocaat if you will - I know lots of the OO lean towards us but that doesn't make Orangeism part of the club's identity anymore than Partick putting a rainbow on their kit makes LGBTQI+ part of their club's identity.

Edit: I'll re-read this when I get up and make sure it makes sense (nightshift worker)

I think you'd have to admit that the cross-over historically is significant enough to contribute to the club's identity.

Not buy one,why should I. I'm not interested in the lgbt community and I don't care about what they do or don't do. In fact I would prefer that any tops that are on sale to the public had none of the advertising on them.

Not buy one,why should I. I'm not interested in the lgbt community and I don't care about what they do or don't do. In fact I would prefer that any tops that are on sale to the public had none of the advertising on them.

Your prerogative obviously but I don't really understand. If you would normally buy the strips then why would you knowingly stop money coming into our club for something that to me seems somewhat petty? If you wouldn't buy the strip anyway then why would you particularly care what they look like?

Because I'm fed up listening to some lgbt cause being put forward just about every week. I'm not interested what people do in their own lives,so why should I agree to rangers bringing out some top that has nothing to do with the club. We're a football club not a lobbying committee for any particular group in society.

Because I'm fed up listening to some lgbt cause being put forward just about every week. I'm not interested what people do in their own lives,so why should I agree to rangers bringing out some top that has nothing to do with the club. We're a football club not a lobbying committee for any particular group in society.
Would you buy a top that had a little poppy flourish or something to do with unicef or cancer research ?
The thing I don’t get is folk who claim this stuff is everywhere and it’s being forced down people’s throats .my last game at Ibrox I saw multiple young men going into toilet cubicles in pairs .i felt ashamed that fellow bears in same sex relationships need to hide away if they fancy a cuddle.we are better than this and should be leading the way in all forms of lgbtq activities .

Would you buy a top that had a little poppy flourish or something to do with unicef or cancer research ?
The thing I don’t get is folk who claim this stuff is everywhere and it’s being forced down people’s throats .my last game at Ibrox I saw multiple young men going into toilet cubicles in pairs .i felt ashamed that fellow bears in same sex relationships need to hide away if they fancy a cuddle.we are better than this and should be leading the way in all forms of lgbtq activities .
We're they ,I'm shocked. Could've waited till rangers scored for that. What do i know or care,I'm just a homophobic extreme right winger and proud of it.

Back