Patrick Thistle Rainbow Strip

Why in 2019 do we have this nonsense? The gay parades, the rainbow laces now football clubs covering their strips in rainbows. Being gay isn’t seen as being weird or a taboo anymore. What are they trying to achieve? I find the whole attention seeking exercise the gay movement insist on throwing at us to be extremely tiresome.

Why are you blaming "the gay movement" for something that Partick Thistle have chosen to do?

I don't see how anyone who calls themselves a bear could have any problem with it.

(still think we're missing a trick by not having a float in the pride parade 'Bears for Bears')
If the cap fits?
0d96b3661a677a95a53925d43cd50b17.jpg

The constant pandering to them. They’ve made a choice but why must it constantly be rammed down our throat (excuse the pun). What has the rainbow flag got to do with thistle?

If a narrow strip of rainbow coloured fabric on a shirt that you'll probably see only on very, very rare occasions constitutes something being "rammed down your throat" then you've got an incredibly warped sense of perspective.

nothing against the strip but I fucking hate those self important toffee nosed bastards scum who I would love to see go out of business, hopefully soon :))

It comes into our culture, the fact that a large proportion of our support also identify themselves as/sympathise with the orange order. Do you think that it's pure coincidence that our club release away strips in orange and blue?
How does it come into our culture?
I support Rangers, the OO has absolutely feck all to do with either my support or the team.

Going by the myriad polls on religion here over the years, the vast majority of our support identify as atheists, so it can't be that large a proportion that identify as members of the OP or, indeed, sympathise with them.

So why does a minority group within our support deserve pandering to?

It's all very "Partick Thistle" isn't it? I really do hope that this is a heartfelt and meaningful move by them but it's screaming (pun not intended) of an attention seeking PR stunt.

Having said that, if anyone is offended or upset by the strip they need to take a good look at themselves.

I can’t understand the upset, I’d say well done Thistle.

But let’s not compare it to our orange top from last year as an out and out marketing ploy. We’ve had them in the past, we’ll have them in future while I presume this is a one off from Thistle.

I can’t understand the upset, I’d say well done Thistle.

But let’s not compare it to our orange top from last year as an out and out marketing ploy. We’ve had them in the past, we’ll have them in future while I presume this is a one off from Thistle.
The poster had a good point though,everyone knows why we had an orange top and why it sells well.its a successful marketing ploy,you are right in its not comparable though,it’s a nice gesture from Thistle and got some good exposure for them

Why in 2019 do we have this nonsense? The gay parades, the rainbow laces now football clubs covering their strips in rainbows. Being gay isn’t seen as being weird or a taboo anymore. What are they trying to achieve? I find the whole attention seeking exercise the gay movement insist on throwing at us to be extremely tiresome.
We have it because in 2019 gay people still do not have access to the same equal rights as straight people when it comes to issues such as marriage, adoption, parental leave, pensions, inheritance, housing, healthcare and employment.

Not just around the world, but a part of our own United Kingdom.

I guess that’s why they continue to “throw it at us”

I support Rangers, the OO has absolutely feck all to do with either my support or the team.

Going by the myriad polls on religion here over the years, the vast majority of our support identify as atheists, so it can't be that large a proportion that identify as members of the OP or, indeed, sympathise with them.

Ok. Here's a challenge, start a thread querying wether our fans feel any affinity towards the orange order or not. A simple poll. That will settle this debate.

The strip is quite smart , the stripes are very subtle . You’d need to point them out to people for them to notice. I don’t pretend to know anything about lgbts etc but it seems too many people are getting hot under the collar for nothing .

Ok. Here's a challenge, start a thread querying wether our fans feel any affinity towards the orange order or not. A simple poll. That will settle this debate.
That will settle the debate about whether Partick Thistle should have a rainbow on their strip or that promoting equality isn't a bad thing?

Basically what you're saying though is that no minorities should be pandered to, unless it's your chosen minority, in which case its fine.

You'll notice I didn't say we shouldn't have an orange strip.

I'll continue supporting Rangers Football Club, and leave the quasi-religion to you.

We have it because in 2019 gay people still do not have access to the same equal rights as straight people when it comes to issues such as marriage, adoption, parental leave, pensions, inheritance, housing, healthcare and employment.

Not just around the world, but a part of our own United Kingdom.

I guess that’s why they continue to “throw it at us”

Those bloody pesky benders. How dare they.

Have any of the perma-angry said “cultural Marxism” yet ? :D

I’ve never been into the gays (oh-er!) but I quite like the new Thistle strip and think I’ll start being a gay now because of it.

Yes because FF is a you beaut snap shot of the whole Rangers support.

Yes because FF is a you beaut snap shot of the whole Rangers support.
Yet those figures show roughly the same trend as both Scotland and Britain, where 58% of people now don't hold any religious views, and the Church of Scotland has declined from 40% of Scots in 1999 to 18% in 2017.

Is that a good enough snapshot?

I wonder if the LGBT are tired of this being everywhere it's like organizations are putting the rainbow on things just to say look everybody we support the LGBT community it's 2019 for Christ sake. Probably a big percentage on here that has gay relatives / friends I can remember when my nephew told my wife saying he didn't won't to tell me cause I would slag him my wife's response was he slags you anyway so what's the difference

Back