Patterson, Doig, Turnbull and Ferguson for YPOTY

joseph-merrick-elephant-man-zapista-zapista.jpg

Turnbull scrubs up quite well in his best bib and tucker
:))

Not a clue just think at that age he falls out of the young player category for me.
Morelos Kent Aribo are 24 I don't see them getting it and Hagi with his assist record is 22.
YPOTY candidates are eligible so long as they were 23 when the season started, which rules out Alfie.

Not sure if the criteria for this rules out the likes of Nisbet though because this award specifies their U21 eligibility.

Doig the most deserving but I have a feeling it will go a certain way. Put it this way, I bet none of them thought that the only 'trophy' they would win this year would be YPOTY :D

How did Scotland let Ali McCann slip through to NI?

Terrible. Wouldn’t be against us bringing him in and loaning him out again for another full season of football.

YPOTY candidates are eligible so long as they were 23 when the season started, which rules out Alfie.

Not sure if the criteria for this rules out the likes of Nisbet though because this award specifies their U21 eligibility.
Surely they would be screaming for Edouard to get it if that was the case.

From that list, has to be Doig. Has played and done reasonably well all season. We all know it will be Turnball tho as the media love to big him up.
And they should give it to him. Play up to the hype. Make him the mainstay of the Celtic midfield.

I’ve seen nothing in turnbull to think he is anything more than a decent player.

Doig should be the winner. But I’ll wait to see who the MSM push for the award. No laughing at the back now.

And they should give it to him. Play up to the hype. Make him the mainstay of the Celtic midfield.

I’ve seen nothing in turnbull to think he is anything more than a decent player.
He's one of those players that looks good at Hearts and Hibs and has one great game in three don't see the hype at all.

Did well against us.
It was one of the heart and hand pods I think that mentioned his stats have been impressive all year. Just going by the numbers he’s best CM <24 in the league.

We could do worse than get him and loan him out at the right level to see how he does.

It was one of the heart and hand pods I think that mentioned his stats have been impressive all year. Just going by the numbers he’s best CM <24 in the league.

We could do worse than get him and loan him out at the right level to see how he does.
Yes, he looks to have a lot of quality and works really hard for a young player the rest can be improved by our coaching setup.
We have great Midfielders of their generation in Gerrard and McAllister plus Davis to learn from.

If Ali Mccann was eligible he'd be deserving of the award.

I don't think Patterson has played enough games to merit even being shortlisted to be honest.

With all that said, I now couldn't give a flying f**k who ends up winning it!

imagine the meltdown if Patterson was given it and he's only played 7 league games of the season :D

should be Doig but it will more likely be "60 minute man"

The PLZ hate mob are not happy at the inclusion of Nathan Paterson because he’s only played a handful of matches
Predictably Sportsound joining in with this too. They seem to forget that Patterson has played at a much higher level - and successfully - than the others.

It's can only be Patterson hes won the league,played in Europe and scored they 2 points alone make him the winner

I'd do this with Jamie Hamilton.
The worry is we end up in a Greg Docherty situation.

I might get shot on here, but I'd prefer Nisbet fae Hibs over Itten.

I want out attacking players to have pace.

We sign Nisbet from Dunfermline and he ends up on loan for 3/4 year contract and playing for Hearts at 27.

I posted this on the Clyde thread but probably should be in here as well due to the topic:

Turnbull's games details for 20/21 season:

Began as a Celt*c regular in the 2-0 win over Kilmarnock on December 13th, where he was subbed in the 81st minute.

Since then, he has been substituted 16 times where he averaged about 71 minutes a game.

He has completed only five games since December 13th with the following results:

4-1 loss to Rangers
1-1 draw with Aberdeen
1-0 loss to Ross County
0-0 draw with Livingston
1-1 draw with Hibs

And for good measure, he completed the Cup game at Ibrox when Celt*c successfully achieved a 2-0 loss.

'Key' man, indeed.

I posted this on the Clyde thread but probably should be in here as well due to the topic:

Began as a Celt*c regular in the 2-0 win over Kilmarnock on December 13th, where he was subbed in the 81st minute.

Since then, he has been substituted 16 times where he averaged about 71 minutes a game.

He has completed only five games since December 13th with the following results:

4-1 loss to Rangers
1-1 draw with Aberdeen
1-0 loss to Ross County
0-0 draw with Livingston
1-1 draw with Hibs

And for good measure, he completed the Cup game at Ibrox when Celt*c successfully achieved a 2-0 loss.

'Key' man, indeed.

There must be something up with this fitness or something. I wonder if that injury he had before he signed is something that's going to hamper him permanently.

Sorry but Patterson and Turnbull being in that is insane and purely pandering to their main audience.

Ali McCann has to be there, and it’s between him and Doig.
Ali McCann is NOT Scottish, see above...has to be someone Scottish.

How can a shit Turnbull from a shit Celtic win it?
I know he will but there are better young success stories out there.

The worry is we end up in a Greg Docherty situation.

I might get shot on here, but I'd prefer Nisbet fae Hibs over Itten.

I want out attacking players to have pace.

We sign Nisbet from Dunfermline and he ends up on loan for 3/4 year contract and playing for Hearts at 27.

Yeah, but we all know that Nisbet would have fared exactly like Itten, as long as Morelos is here, fit and playing like he does.

4-1 loss to Rangers
1-1 draw with Aberdeen
1-0 loss to Ross County
0-0 draw with Livingston
1-1 draw with Hibs

'Key' man, indeed.

Motherwell is his level. Terrible player in all honesty. Wouldn't get near our starting 11.

Writers nominees are

Lewis Ferguson, Nathan Patterson, David Turnbull and Josh Doig
To be fair Patterson probably hasn't played enough to justify it. Ferguson has been hit and miss. Turnbull is pure half season hype borne out of utter desperation. Should be Doing...just cos he's the only other one on the list.

The award sounds daft to me. Discounting the best players because they chose against playing for Scotland or are ineligible. The best young players should be in it not just some.

As others have said, Patterson shouldn't be in there due to his lack of playing time in the first team, but on what he's shown deserves to go to the Euros for experience of the big time as he's a cert to be part of the main set-up in the very near future.

As for Turnbull...I can't see what the big deal and noise is all about him, looks pretty ordinary in an average C*ltic team for me.

The future of Scotland at international level is pretty bleak if Turnbull is one of the front runners for the cause. Grim as always in these awards.

Doig. Turnbulls inclusion and Pattersons also, demonstrate that many are merely trying to shoehorn a player from their favourite team.

As others have said, Patterson shouldn't be in there due to his lack of playing time in the first team, but on what he's shown deserves to go to the Euros for experience of the big time as he's a cert to be part of the main set-up in the very near future.

As for Turnbull...I can't see what the big deal and noise is all about him, looks pretty ordinary in an average C*ltic team for me.

The future of Scotland at international level is pretty bleak if Turnbull is one of the front runners for the cause. Grim as always in these awards.
But he shoots from 25 yards a lot when he is allowed acres of room by Livis and Aberdeens of the world. That is his game all summed up there.

Back