Patterson for Scotland

Which makes his lockdown breakdown even more stupid. With a run of games could have made the euro squad as Scotland has nothing there

I can't see any scenario where the players aren't handed bans. 3 games and above is going to see them miss the end of the season.

Thats assuming the club accept the punishment. I readily admit I've gone full circle here. But if the SFA dish out anything worse than what the Dundee Utd and Aberdeen players got id be very disappointed if we don't contest it.

Its looking less like the players were at a party and more that they gathered in a bubble made up primarily of our players.

I'm not airbrushing it from history, they did wrong, but we need to start fighting for our players and not throwing them under the bus.

In terms of Patterson for Scotland, if he wants to play international football who are we to put him off.

We can't piss and moan about the national team not belonging to us then turn away perfectly good chances to get some identity back.

Not a chance. Regardless how bad O'Donnell and whoever the other options are - Patterson has barely played any first team games.

Plus the fact Clarke is very loyal to the squad, it'll be near enough the squad that won the play off with 1 or 2 changes.

You don't get 'Fast Tracked' for off-field incidents, it will be a 'regular' citing. The hearing will take place some 2 weeks after the Notice of Complaint is issued. So, he should be fine for Livi and St Mirren - if we choose to play him. CO takes up post on Monday so we will likely hear next midweek.
Compliance officer surely can’t cite him for something that happened prior to him starting?

concentrate on rangers son, just look at how the sfa handled gough, goram, mcgregor, jack and ferguson etc to see how they treat rangers players.

I am sure ra sellik will supply them with some form of right back

Of course he can. Just as he can cite the Dhims over Dubai (no laughing at the back).
Is there a time period of when you can be cited? If not can he then in theory cite someone for something they done on game week 1 which at the time a red wasn't shown nor was there any notice of complaint?

With Baloguns injury he's our only right back.

The SFA have shot themselves in the foot with their officials problem.

Patterson will play loads and will shine. He's got an outside chance and it would be great for him.

Given we have zero quality right backs if Nathan can get a decent run in the team now should he be considered for the Euros?

If he gets a good run up until then it would make sense although very very slim chance of it happening with a bitter backwards thinking manager Clarke.
Hope not

Wont happen as he hasn't played enough and he will be shortly banned more or less finishing his season.

Might get some games in Europe up until may but I’d be very surprised ( pleasantly so) if he’s not banned for the rest of the season by the SFA.

Also think it’s maybe to early for Scotland.
It’s never too early if you’re good enough, Bud played at 18

Might get some games in Europe up until may but I’d be very surprised ( pleasantly so) if he’s not banned for the rest of the season by the SFA.

I keep seeing this he'll get banned patter. When? What are the SFA waiting for? Is there a hearing scheduled? I haven't seen a single mention of any hearing and he's served his isolation and has played and scored since the party so what's the hold up?

As much as I'd like him to get a chance to play for his country at the Euros, I think it is too soon for him. He is the understudy to Tavernier and will continue to be that until Tav moves on at some point. He is also facing a ban sadly.

Random shout but get Tavernier in the squad. He's been up here long enough.
Tav isn’t eligible to play for Scotland, they’ve removed the residency clause.

I keep seeing this he'll get banned patter. When? What are the SFA waiting for? Is there a hearing scheduled? I haven't seen a single mention of any hearing and he's served his isolation and has played and scored since the party so what's the hold up?
New Compliance Officer starts work on Monday. Judging by Gerrard's comments the citing will come thereafter. Then two weeks until the Hearing and ban.

Players choice by I'd rather our players weren't involved with Scottish National team.

Punishment by Police
Punishment by Employer
Then Punishment by football authorities?

International football is a higher level than SPL so if he can get some extra games at that level it’s good.

bit strange that someone would get an international cap after a few sub performances though.....

Worth bearing in mind Patterson has a total of just 24 minutes playing time in the top flight. He's a great prospect but has a way to go yet. Any thoughts of representing Scotland should be way down his - and Rangers - list of priorities.
He played 45 the other night, and started in Poland.

He'd have been going to the Euros if he played recently.

Just makes his utter stupidity even more galling.

I personally would still take him. But Clarke will be loyal to the Motherwell jobber.

That's what our support do with youngsters, they play about an hour of football and folk are already talking about call ups and starting threads about them being a future captain.

It's more to do with the paucity of options in this instance. O'Donnell is quite honestly the worst Scotland regular ever.

I can't think of any decent rightbacks for Scotland so if he'd a decent run of games then maybe he would be looked at. But I fully expect him to be given a lengthy ban.

He played 45 the other night, and started in Poland.
He did. His sum total of senior football this season is 182 minutes. The equivalent of two full matches. Season before it was 103 minutes. So just over 3 full matches worth of action at senior level in his career to date.

If one of the Dhims players was being touted for a call-up with those sort of stats we would, rightly, be laughing at them.

Patterson looks a great prospect but he's no full international and won't be for a good while yet. His first target is to get some regular game-time and unless Tav moves on that may mean Patterson going on loan elsewhere.

He's clearly a far better player already than O Donnell, who would be totally out of his depth if you were to put him into this Rangers team.

Clarke however will stick with the hopeless Motherwell player through loyalty to the players who qualified.

He did. His sum total of senior football this season is 182 minutes. The equivalent of two full matches. Season before it was 103 minutes. So just over 3 full matches worth of action at senior level in his career to date.

If one of the Dhims players was being touted for a call-up with those sort of stats we would, rightly, be laughing at them.

Patterson looks a great prospect but he's no full international and won't be for a good while yet. His first target is to get some regular game-time and unless Tav moves on that may mean Patterson going on loan elsewhere.
He isn’t yet, but if he can get a run of games in the next few months he may make the Euros. Long term, undoubtedly he is the answer. It will help Rangers if he is playing for Scotland because it’s a way of getting game experience while Tavernier is still first choice.

He’s going to be a very good player but we should let him play a couple of games for us first!!

Also - the SFA are about to slap him with a 7 game ban!!

It’s coming unfortunately but I reckon he could’ve easily made the squad for the euros . Oddonell is utter muck.
I'll forever remember his mentally challenged tears on Sportscene, its just so disappointing that Rangers are so far ahead. Beautiful.

SFA can't ban him from European games.

WHY? Do people still suggest our players play for this Republican Shit Hole of a Country, to be sworn at, Taunted, and Injured for a Country that Hates Our Players with a Vengence!

Back