Patterson lad, you are forgiven

I am happy that the club have dealt with it and properly. When he came on though he was absolutely superb - not only for the fact his 3rd of 4th touch was a goal but his overall performance was excellent. Was totally different seeing a right back in place up against Lukaku. He had no way past and was taken out the game completely by Patterson. His movement going forward was excellent to.

A good decision to put him in the squad and an even better decision to put him on. Won't have done himself any harm with the gaffer or the fans with his performance tonight.

Apart from his goal we only seen him burst forward a few times, which I like to see, but he done his job outstanding.

How his team mates reacted

EvG2Yc0XMAAvTmN

Its clear that he and the other lads broke the lockdown rules but its ovious now that theyve not been on some crazy bender, nor did they test positive. To come on tonight and score like that shows just how much Rangers means to him, even if he is scrubbing boots he is truly forgiven! Tremendous response from him tonight B-D

Ive said it a few times, this last week might just be the making of him.

The old “you dont know what youve got til its gone”

I celebrated that goal with him and felt the emotion bursting out him.
He was on a mission when he came and that only bodes well for us and him.

Well done wee man. Now show us what youre made of.

This’ll be great for his character. Picking himself up and putting that in was magnificent. Strangely feel like it’s one of the most important individual things to come out of the game.

I was off my seat when he scored. You couldn’t have scripted it any better if you had tried.
In a strange way I think he will have grown as a person after the get together episode.
A great night for the lad, the gaffer and the team.

Was delighted when he scored.
Replied to another thread yesterday, that he should be on bench as he and others were available.
We've all broken Covid rules in last 12 mths, because they are footballers doesn't mean the punishment should be more than anyone else..

On one hand it’s a great goal and performance

on the other he was a complete idiot and risked the season again

im torn
In a professional football sense yes, I do think he was stupid but in a normal sense, if I was to witness you having a covid party I wouldn't really be inclined to dob you in. i.E the CFC Dubai situation. He was a daft youngster, he never risked the season at all.

Have to admit I missed him coming on and the skill in the finish had be presume it was Hagi until he turned around to celebrate. OP Title says it all from us all I think

I was ridiculed for suggesting that Balogun woud be a weak link at right back last week, despite him doing OK. He might have played there before, but he's not an attacking fullback and our system needs an attacking fullback. Good to see Gerrard has been forgiving. Hopefully Tav is fit again by the time Patterson's ban kicks in.

Felt goosenbumps for the boy last night when that went in. Raw emotion from him.

I forgave him after I saw him close to tears in his interview, he has made up for it now.

Delighted for him especially after all that happen and some of the shite thats been said about him including from some sections of our support. You seen it last night our manager backs him and so does his teammates time to look forward and put the last week behind us

I
I was ridiculed for suggesting that Balogun woud be a weak link at right back last week, despite him doing OK. He might have played there before, but he's not an attacking fullback and our system needs an attacking fullback. Good to see Gerrard has been forgiving. Hopefully Tav is fit again by the time Patterson's ban kicks in.
Unless the filth are punished for Dubai gate then I fully expect the club to challenge robustly any bans handed out.
Also we should be questioning the punishment for the match officials who breach rules also

He was brilliant, shut down all attacks down his side and got forward to outstanding effect.
All is forgiven, certain starter against Livi, welcome home.

I said last week that it wasn’t going to be the “crime” that defined his Rangers career but his reaction to it. Much like Borna’s reaction to THAT friendly, Patterson looks like he has shown genuine contrition (as it appears have the others) and reacted properly. I’m sure he’ll be on notice for future indiscretions, but I hope it makes him a better professional because he is an absolutely outstanding talent.

And a better goal ratio than Tav as well. :cool:

Seriously though the boy looked the part last night, took his goal brilliantly and I genuinely hope seeing what unfolded in Antwerp last week made him really look at himself.

Thought it was interesting the fact that the manager mentioned the boy's family in the post match interview. Makes you wonder if his old man went through the roof at him, I know I would have if it was my son in the same circumstances.

They say a picture paints a thousand words and that wee clout to the back of his head from his manager when he was running off at the end was magic.

Last edited:
Quite a few folk ought to be embarrassed at the shite they were posting about him the last few days.

He was brilliant when he came on, the goal obviously was great, but it was the maturity and confidence of his performance for an 18 year old lad, especially after what would have been a tough couple of weeks (self inflicted I know)
I think what you have to remember is, I think most punters on here were worried that we'd be punished more heavily again by the SFA, especially when you look at the leneinecy shown to the yahoo and Aberdeen players, compared to Jones and Edmuson.

Especially when we look at how the SFA are still bodyswerving Dubai and will not and will continue not confront this issue even though that rancid organisation have admitted they breached protocols on that trip.

It might be hypocrisy on my part but I never wanted Patterson or Bassey to leave, the rest were expendable.

But as a poster said last week, there was no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face when it comes to Europe. And that poster was proved absolutely, 100% bang on the money last night.

I

Unless the filth are punished for Dubai gate then I fully expect the club to challenge robustly any bans handed out.
Also we should be questioning the punishment for the match officials who breach rules also
You are going to be disappointed from what you 'fully expect'. But I am gonna guess that is nothing new.

Don’t know if anyone has mentioned this yet- but anyone notice how Patterson bent his run to stay on side? Shows he does has a brain after all (joke).

In all seriousness it was pretty impressive awareness and then to keep his composure to score.

As I’ve said throughout, we got away with it from whoever grassed them right away - but you can’t look ponder on it, time to move on.

This will be very interesting. For me you cannot be punished twice. Police have dealt with it. They have served isolation. I have a feeling that as it was individuals we can argue club should not be punished. Let’s be honest. They have left themselves open in terms of Dubaigate and Linesmangate!
Don’t forget,it’s the SFA we are dealing with.

I hope some on here after reading their recent remarks feel a bit stupid now. SG will deal with it. Not the Scotiish Media who hate us.

As I said at the time, Can you imagine an English sports journalist asking Boris is that the red card!

The tims meltdown over him coming on and then scoring has been fantastic.

Do these morons know that he would have been free to play tonight even if he was banned for any amount of games by the SFA?

Thick as two short planks.

He knows what a stupid boy he was for his behaviour. He’s also the luckiest boy in the world to be given another chance with us. I hope he knuckles down and develops into our right back for many years. Stevie G has stuck his neck out here, he knows there is a huge talent and he’s obviously not willing to let that be wasted.

So pleased for him after some of the sh!t that has been spouted by some over the last week. He will learn from this and hopefully go on to have a massive future with us.

Delighted for him and judging by his reaction to the goal he will never take playing for Rangers for granted again. A big lesson learned hopefully.

I'm so fickle, but I totally forgive him :)

Goal aside, I thought he was absolutely outstanding last night.

I haven’t forgiven him. He and his mates could have wrecked our season. But it’s not up to me to forgive anyone, Gerrard’s voice is the only one that matters. He’s heard what the lad had to say and made a decision. The rest of the team seemed delighted for him so onward!

Back