Patterson, Zungu, Bassey, Mebude and Kinnear - Appeals dismissed, original bans stand - Rangers' reaction to appeal decision in the OP

Sorry mate looks like I was slightly wrong on the details. They asked in. November to go in January. To Turkey.

This was even your thread lad :p
I had ‘permission’ to travel from Lanarkshire to Fife in October. By the beginning of November I didn’t. Their situation was no different in the senses that what was allowable one day may not have been the next. The ‘we had permission in November’ argument is the poorest you could possibly imagine.

The board can't call them out because there's nothing to call them out on. The tim breaches in Dubai fell in the same category as Kilmarnock and St Mirren. Those 2 teams had an outbreak which led to them not being able to play their matches Killie even refused to play a cup match with younger players. That's the difference here and had the tims not been able to field a side against Hibs when they returned from Dubai then they would have been punished. We benefited from that as they dropped 7 points in 3 matches.

People will mention the drinking and its not allowed which is fine but what we done after St Mirren game isn't allowed either so we could have easily been pulled up after that but we weren't. The only thing the board can question is the inconsistency in punishments handed out to players and that's what they mentioned in the statement yesterday.

Duffy?

I mentioned it in my post that you quoted, explain that one point away.

He was allegedly tested twice like the rest of them so that's how he could play. His travel was no different to what our international players do for example.

He left the bubble,

got on a commercial fight (got ( 9 hours )

went off the radar for 3 days after landing n England,

management team confirmed that he might not feature again.

Played 5 days later.

It is corruption.

He left the bubble,

Played 5 days later.

It is corruption.

Oh, and CeItic do their own testing.

It is corruption.

People will flippantly say that he’s shįte.

A simple risk assessment Duffy V the Rangers players? It wouldn’t even be fućking close, even IF you add all the Rangers players’ risks together.

He left the bubble,

Played 5 days later.

It is corruption.
Yeah and he would have been tested to get back in the bubble and then tested like the rest of them were again before they played Hibs. He played that night and cost them the goal B-D

Yeah and he would have been tested to get back in the bubble and then tested like the rest of them were again before they played Hibs. He played that night and cost them the goal B-D

Right, so why wasn’t he disciplined for breaching the COVID-19 (sporting bubble ) protocols?

Please don’t play the “ ah but he’s shíte card “ it’s almost as counterproductive as dignified silence.

Right, so why wasn’t he disciplined for breaching the COVID-19 (sporting bubble ) protocols?

Please don’t play the “ ah but he’s shíte card “ it’s almost as counterproductive as dignified silence.
I don't know can you be punished for going home to your family?

The Duffy thing is an odd one. Sent home to deal with 'a family matter' if I recall correctly. However, on the matter of isolation we've had Defoe away recently, rumoured to be due to a family bereavement. Does/did he have to self-isolate before re-joining the Rangers sporting bubble or was it, as @bkerr72 suggests, simply a case of a couple of negative tests?

The problem here is none of us really know the circumstances and, even worse, none of us know what the damned rules are.

The Duffy thing is an odd one. Sent home to deal with 'a family matter' if I recall correctly. However, on the matter of isolation we've had Defoe away recently, rumoured to be due to a family bereavement. Does/did he have to self-isolate before re-joining the Rangers sporting bubble or was it, as @bkerr72 suggests, simply a case of a couple of negative tests?

The problem here is none of us really know the circumstances and, even worse, none of us know what the damned rules are.
It would probably just be one negative test to get back in to the bubble. Duffy was sent home for family reasons but he would have been tested to get back in the bubble and I'm sure the tims were tested at least twice before Hibs game. Hibs wanted more testing done or the game cancelled but tims said no and played that weakened side.

Regardless though thay doesn't excuse what our 5 players done and while the punishments are inconsistent there's no defence for them.

It would probably just be one negative test to get back in to the bubble. Duffy was sent home for family reasons but he would have been tested to get back in the bubble and I'm sure the tims were tested at least twice before Hibs game. Hibs wanted more testing done or the game cancelled but tims said no and played that weakened side.

Regardless though thay doesn't excuse what our 5 players done and while the punishments are inconsistent there's no defence for them.
Won't get any arguments from me on your last paragraph mate.

Was just trying to draw a parallel for Defoe leaving and rejoining our group in the same way as Duffy did with the Dhims (albeit on an international flight). We know Duffy didn't self-isolate. Did Defoe? If not, then it suggests its not required by these mysterious rules that aren't available for public scrutiny. If Defoe did have to self-isolate then it ramps up the debate about Duffy.

:)) I know that part I’m asking where “ dairy “ comes from there has to be a reason
It’s not something I’ve heard often but I thought it was “derry” for some reason. No idea why or where it would come from either way.

Are the people that wanted them sacked (fucking sacked) the same ones now raging that they’re getting a 4(+2) match suspension?
Are the people that wanted them sacked (fucking sacked) the same ones now raging that they’re getting a 4(+2) match suspension?
Aye mate. Also the same ones that if it was Celtic players would say the ban should be more

Back