Patterson, Zungu, Bassey, Mebude and Kinnear - Appeals dismissed, original bans stand - Rangers' reaction to appeal decision in the OP

We need to keep highlighting problems and getting backing because the only way to get change is by votes.
Publicly stating stuff has a part to play but won’t change anything. People put far too much importance in a statement when it’s really just their need for an internet “headshot”.

Statements get dismissed. You need hard evidence.

First I've heard that one. Anyway it's irrelevant to the point. The players breached covid protocols for footballers just like ours did that's the direct comparison.akikg it about whether or not they were allowed to go to Dubai is simply muddying the waters and I think most of them on Clyde are fully aware of what they are doing.

Ask yourself why this is the first time you've heard about Turkey instead of Dubai and then think about some of the comments on here if we'd done this?

There would have been news headlines for days followed by posters on here calling for resignations and sackings.

Two things come to mind:

1. They deserve to be punished
2. I am not sure the punishment fits the crime but I am sure that there is no consistency from the sfa in covid breaches. Breaking bubbles and mixing with the public on your Jollies to Dubai gets you %^*& all, fifa party with other RFC players gets a big ban.

Two things come to mind:

1. They deserve to be punished
2. I am not sure the punishment fits the crime but I am sure that there is no consistency from the sfa in covid breaches. Breaking bubbles and mixing with the public on your Jollies to Dubai gets you %^*& all, fifa party with other RFC players gets a big ban.

The inequitable nature of the decision to punish Rangers and to just give the scum a pass is a harbinger of what we can expect next season.

Today was the day to go in studs showing with the new C O.

Last edited:
If it was up to me, I think a start would have been for the statement to have included something along the lines of:

"The differences between how our five players have been treated by the SFA in this respect, in comparison to similar relevant cases, are worrying.
Perhaps they should have gone abroad, committed well-recorded social distancing breaches which also contravened the Elite Sporting bubble regime, and returned to Scotland with several covid-positive cases.
Then they would have received NO punishment at all."

Statements get dismissed. You need hard evidence.
I really hope we’re managing to build backing with clubs over the past season and will continue as we are on top again. Although what we did do at the end of last season ultimately failed I think it had an effect over the course of this season.

Difficult to say to what extent but I was expecting their shenanigans to be way above what we’ve seen this season. Blowing them out the water on the pitch didn’t leave them much to work with but if you think back to the media storm and them targeting Alfie 3 seasons ago, they’ve been quieter than I expected.

James Maddison goes to a party and breaks lockdown rules. Dropped from the squad for a week, tested negative, no big deal we move on.

Rangers player does the same, gets fined by the club, tests negative, they still want a 6 match ban. For one of Scotland's most promising players that they should be wanting to take to the Euros.

Things like this make me want us to move to England. Leave this cesspit to hate itself to death.

If any other club came out with such a pathetic statement we'd be all over them on here. However it's to be expected of our board. Since the dossier stuff we've taken everything thrown at us. Pathetic.
Status quo... My arse!

Well, I am shocked and utterly stunned that we didn't get the appeal upheld.
As equally shocked and stunned as I was when zero action was taken over Dubai gate.
No one can doubt the bias or lack of moral fortitude of these contemptible reptiles now.
That was never in doubt, even for the willfully naive among us.

I really hope we’re managing to build backing with clubs over the past season and will continue as we are on top again. Although what we did do at the end of last season ultimately failed I think it had an effect over the course of this season.

Difficult to say to what extent but I was expecting their shenanigans to be way above what we’ve seen this season. Blowing them out the water on the pitch didn’t leave them much to work with but if you think back to the media storm and them targeting Alfie 3 seasons ago, they’ve been quieter than I expected.

Id like to see us employ a professional researcher to gather evidence of the bias, double standards and lies by the msm. They make life difficult for us by highlighting every bad move we make on and off the park while ignoring and playing down those made by our enemies.

Ignoring them doesnt work and banning them allows them to attack us even more. What we need is hard evidence gathered through an academic standard longitudinal study. If the club doesnt feel comfortable doing this then outsource it.

Do you know Celtic have a PHd student 'researching' their 'charitable, inclusive, good guy' foundations? I saw it being promoted on tv by that bigoted priest who was 'allegedly" spat on.

You can bet your bottom dollar the 'research findings' will be full of glowing testimony of how the downtrodden poor diaspora rose above their humble beginnings to create the greatest football club the world has ever seen. We're still trying to get a fan zone.

No amount of statements will change anything. They have blatantly been biased against us in full view of the game and they do not give one fu@k. In fact they are trolling us with every decision on and off the park.
I am afraid the only way to change this is to get the regime changed and that will be slow and difficult due to last ten years of influence from the moon howlers. However we must start the process. But this is going to be a painful and long fight.
I always said the only way to hurt them was winning and it’s been vindicated. The pain of our success has been breathtaking at times.
We need to keep the winning run going. Simples.

There was never any chance that our appeal was ever going to change the corrupt quangos original decision.
Shower of cnuts.

First I've heard that one. Anyway it's irrelevant to the point. The players breached covid protocols for footballers just like ours did that's the direct comparison.akikg it about whether or not they were allowed to go to Dubai is simply muddying the waters and I think most of them on Clyde are fully aware of what they are doing.

All gone to plan then, it seems.

The government came out and said that Celtic did indeed ask for permission to go abroad, to Turkey,. This was granted. Celtic claimed they then decided to go to Dubai instead as Turkey had a rise in cases, but did not inform the scottish government of this change,. They did not ask about Dubai and were not explicitly given permission to go to Dubai.

IIRC the request to Turkey was months ahead of time aswell, and given we're in a time where shit is changing daily , I would put my bottom dollar on that request being granted was on a "if things stay the same or improve" basis, and as we seen, shit hit the fan.. again. So it's unlikely they would even have been sanctioned to go to Turkey when the time came anyways.

Last edited:
We've had as many statements as Line of Duty. Waste of time.
Constant statements just become pointless and get ignored and ridiculed, which means when they are required they’re ineffective. It’s needs to be a strategy with various different things being done.

Clubs aren’t happy with various things around governance and inconsistency. There won’t be one “headshot” certainly not a statement headshot anyway. We’ll keep working away gaining ground when we can and chip away by exposing it when it comes. Being the top club and main money maker also helps.

The government came out and said that Celtic did indeed ask for permission to go abroad, to Turkey, In December. This was granted. Celtic claimed they then decided to go to Dubai instead as Turkey had a rise in cases, but did not inform the scottish government of this change, nor the change in month (december to january). They did not ask about Dubai and were not explicitly given permission to go to Dubai, or indeed, anywhere in January.

IIRC the request to Turkey was months ahead of time aswell, and given we're in a time where shit is changing daily , I would put my bottom dollar on that request being granted was on a "if things stay the same or improve" basis, and as we seen, shit hit the fan.. again. So it's unlikely they would even have been sanctioned to go to Turkey when the time came anyways.
So they planned their annual trip to a completely different country, in a completely different month from usual and it all went wrong but by the grace of god their usual destination and month just happened to be perfect. They utter so much lies constantly. Everything about them from the beginning of their existence is lies, half truths and hidden truths.

So they planned their annual trip to a completely different country, in a completely different month from usual and it all went wrong but by the grace of god their usual destination and month just happened to be perfect. They utter so much lies constantly. Everything about them from the beginning of their existence is lies, half truths and hidden truths.
Sorry mate looks like I was slightly wrong on the details. They asked in. November to go in January. To Turkey.

This was even your thread lad :p

What exactly will that achieve apart from pleasing a few on this board.

Last year proved we are almost on our own in regards to the SFA and SPFL, until that changes bitching and moaning won’t do fcuk all.
If we win the Scottish Cup don't go up for it & make a statement why , the whole world will be watching fu@k the SFA/SPFL

If we win the Scottish Cup don't go up for it & make a statement why , the whole world will be watching fu@k the SFA/SPFL
We’ll have players who have fought for years to win these trophies. It’s not for the fans to decide to take lifting a cup away from players just to get it up the SFA. People really need to think about what they’re demanding. Not everything has to be done so people can say “yas” on the internet.

The government came out and said that Celtic did indeed ask for permission to go abroad, to Turkey,. This was granted. Celtic claimed they then decided to go to Dubai instead as Turkey had a rise in cases, but did not inform the scottish government of this change,. They did not ask about Dubai and were not explicitly given permission to go to Dubai.

I think they got permission to travel to Turkey in early to mid November. I seem to remember it was reported as the 7th or 11th. Not sure how accurate this is.

Praised for breaking covid rules and getting themselves banned from games.
Aye, ok pal....
They all live in the same block of flats, what they did was exactly what they do every day when they mix at training, they didn’t break their bubble in Sporting terms but as Joe Public can’t mix then they broke Covid protocols, I’ve no issue with them being punished, my issue is Rangers being held to a different standard.

if you said at the start of COVID that our club would suffer most at the hands of the authorities many on here would've baulked at that idea, probably a lot of the same posters who don't believe referee's cheat.

However here we are, the club that's suffered more from the Compliance Officer now suffers more than all other teams in Scotland.

They all live in the same block of flats, what they did was exactly what they do every day when they mix at training, they didn’t break their bubble in Sporting terms but as Joe Public can’t mix then they broke Covid protocols, I’ve no issue with them being punished, my issue is Rangers being held to a different standard.

This will continue to happen for as long as the board (SC425159) are unwilling to publicly take the fight to the governing bodies.

Yesterday provided a cracking opportunity to get tore in, putting everything down in black & white.

The statement was weak, and I don’t think that it’s unreasonable for Bears, who are outwith the inner circle, to arrive at an assumption that maybe our M D doesn’t fancy publicly calling out CeItic and their cronies.

Nearly 6 years at the helm, haven’t seen much to suggest that our dignified silence stance will change.

Fully expect in the know Bears to point out that our M D gets tore in to them ( at board meetings / Zoom briefings etc. ) all the time. If he has been, it’s not working. There’s s knew C O, we had our opportunity to go over the top of the Ball, studs showing, we shát it.

CRMOABWHL2RJTSRD

There’s an argument the Patterson and Zungu, for example, are in a sporting bubble (which doesn’t apply when not training or playing but set that aside for now) but that doesn’t mean Patterson‘s partner is in any sort of bubble with Zungu or Zungu’s partner with Patterson.

Its fair enough to debate levels of punishment but these guys broke the rules they’d had drummed into them day after day. They disrespected their Manager and the Club and thought they’d get away with it, just like Edmundson and Jones. The circumstances merit some mitigation but their stupidity is still beyond belief. For me, at least. As it turns out the consequences for us weren’t huge - but they could have been.

There’s an argument the Patterson and Zungu, for example, are in a sporting bubble (which doesn’t apply when not training or playing but set that aside for now) but that doesn’t mean Patterson‘s partner is in any sort of bubble with Zungu or Zungu’s partner with Patterson.

Its fair enough to debate levels of punishment but these guys broke the rules they’d had drummed into them day after day. They disrespected their Manager and the Club and thought they’d get away with it, just like Edmundson and Jones. The circumstances merit some mitigation but their stupidity is still beyond belief. For me, at least. As it turns out the consequences for us weren’t huge - but they could have been.

It’s not about, right or wrong, it’s about equality of outcome.

We break the rules - colossal bans

CeItic bring COVID back into the continent - nada.

They even admitted, then played Duffy ( I know ) 5 days after he flew commercial then went off the grid for 3 days.

We are always going to get fućked over for as long as the board’s default decision is dignified silence.

Last edited:
To be fair to Rangers this isn’t their fault, this is the fault of those players mixing when they knew they shouldn’t. No one else to blame but the players.
Well what about morton whole team playing against guys who weren't in their bubble .£750 fine suspended till end of season cmon

James Maddison goes to a party and breaks lockdown rules. Dropped from the squad for a week, tested negative, no big deal we move on.

Rangers player does the same, gets fined by the club, tests negative, they still want a 6 match ban. For one of Scotland's most promising players that they should be wanting to take to the Euros.

Things like this make me want us to move to England. Leave this cesspit to hate itself to death.
This all day long. Two week isolation period and they’ll miss potentially 5/6 anyway so why punish any player from any club with another 6 game ban.

This will continue to happen for as long as the board (SC425159) are unwilling to publicly take the fight to the governing bodies.

Yesterday provided a cracking opportunity to get tore in, putting everything down in black & white.

The statement was weak, and I don’t think that it’s unreasonable for Bears, who are outwith the inner circle, to arrive at an assumption that maybe our M D doesn’t fancy publicly calling out CeItic and their cronies.

Nearly 6 years at the helm, haven’t seen much to suggest that our dignified silence stance will change.

Fully expect in the know Bears to point out that our M D gets tore in to them ( at board meetings / Zoom briefings etc. ) all the time. If he has been, it’s not working. There’s s knew C O, we had our opportunity to go over the top of the Ball, studs showing, we shát it.

Exactly this.

How many times have we all uttered the phrase "open goal" when we've seen such occasions come around ??

It's plain now that our Board (for whatever reasons) will NOT even use the clearest, most public facts to show how unequally we are treated.
The final description of "we shat it" is pretty appropriate here.

The most disappointing aspect of it all is that we're no longer surprised to be judged with such bias, nor in how our Club just meekly accepts it without highlighting the obvious inequity.

How many times have we all uttered the phrase "open goal" when we've seen such occasions come around ??

It’s not an open goal, we will just continue to be ignored. (Look at last summer). It will be used against us as sour grapes and you can bet, muppets, sorry brave muppets like Kennedy will use it to try and mock us, which the likes of the Bbc, the sun, the record will all pile on. And don’t think that doesn’t influence the other clubs and fans.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m angry too. I want something done, something said. But if what you say just give ammunition to your enemy, then don’t say it.

The point of the whole Dubai affair is not that were allowed to go on the trip, but that they broke protocols along the way and seemingly plenty. The Scottish government never gave allowance to that.

As I said, the amount of bans we faced was in no proportion to other clubs, not to mention how things are being dealt with elsewhere.

Very similar to the antics of the CO regarding our players over recent years or the whole Jack / Morelos referee debacles.

It amounts, in all cases, to distortion of competition for the benefit of in essence just one club and by people who have to a large degree connections to that one club. This can all easily be verified.

It’s not about, right or wrong, it’s about equality of outcome.

We break the rules - colossal bans

CeItic bring COVID back into the continent - nada.

They even admitted, then played Duffy ( I know ) 5 days after he flew commercial then went off the grid for 3 days.

We are always going to get fućked over for as long as the board’s default decision is dignified silence.
The board can't call them out because there's nothing to call them out on. The tim breaches in Dubai fell in the same category as Kilmarnock and St Mirren. Those 2 teams had an outbreak which led to them not being able to play their matches Killie even refused to play a cup match with younger players. That's the difference here and had the tims not been able to field a side against Hibs when they returned from Dubai then they would have been punished. We benefited from that as they dropped 7 points in 3 matches.

People will mention the drinking and its not allowed which is fine but what we done after St Mirren game isn't allowed either so we could have easily been pulled up after that but we weren't. The only thing the board can question is the inconsistency in punishments handed out to players and that's what they mentioned in the statement yesterday.

It’s not an open goal,
I think most Rangers fans do see it as a missed "open goal".
We may not have won the actual battle, but we could have scored an excellent PR blow after the result with some judiciously chosen words of comparison.

As for some posters and the Dubai frolics, let's once again reiterate that it wasn't CFC's trip, nor the actual drinking.
It was the multiple breaches of social distancing protocols.
As recorded visually several times.

Comparing the CFC players around the pool and in the pub, at some points hobnobbing very closely to members of the public (and remembering that Big JK has actually conceded some slip-ups in coronavirus protocols) -- to the recent Rangers Five:

The Rangers players and their wives wrongly socialised in one private location.
There were no covid cases as a result.
The public was not inside social distances during the hours of the incident.
There was no slew of images on public nor social media to annoy/influence others to act similarly.

The CFC players and staff wrongly socialised in a busy holiday hotel, at the poolside and in the bar/restaurant.
There were covid cases as a result.
The public was inside social distances during the days of the incident.
There was a slew of images on both public and social media that may have annoyed/influenced others to act similarly.

Rangers players socialising -- punished.
Celtic players socialising -- not punished.

It’s not an open goal, we will just continue to be ignored. (Look at last summer). It will be used against us as sour grapes and you can bet, muppets, sorry brave muppets like Kennedy will use it to try and mock us, which the likes of the Bbc, the sun, the record will all pile on. And don’t think that doesn’t influence the other clubs and fans.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m angry too. I want something done, something said. But if what you say just give ammunition to your enemy, then don’t say it.

Top of the League, League Champions, done well 8n Europe, we’ve not lost a league game.

It’s anything but sour grapes, the knew C O’s first big call and we should’ve rammed it down his fućking throat.

It was an open goal, our M D , or whoever is responsible for driving Rangers’ narrative, has just had a Peter van Vossen moment.

It will be open season after the summer.

Back