Paul Clement.

God I just had a flashback. Anyone remember Jeremy Clement? Whatever happened to him?

Some move for him agent playing a blinder
Edit: thought it was Club Brugge rather than Cercle makes more sense considering they were rotten last season

You open a thread with a name, think it might be remotely linked to Rangers and perhaps even a signing, only to get news of a Cercke Brugges appointment ...

IF ONLY people would grasp the concept of using a topical headline for more than a name.

And if only you hadn't bothered writing that moany arsed comment you'd only have wasted 5 seconds on the thread rather than a minute! :))

You open a thread with a name, think it might be remotely linked to Rangers and perhaps even a signing, only to get news of a Cercke Brugges appointment ...

IF ONLY people would grasp the concept of using a topical headline for more than a name.

You must have real slow internet if this is how worked up you get about having to click back when you see the OP. :p

You must have real slow internet if this is how worked up you get about having to click back when you see the OP. :p

Who is getting worked up? It just isn't helpful just to post a thread with but a name (that people may not know) and then its a topic of no relevance to 9.9 out of 10 people. A word or two more and lifetime of many users is spared.

Who is getting worked up? It just isn't helpful just to post a thread with but a name (that people may not know) and then its a topic of no relevance to 9.9 out of 10 people. A word or two more and lifetime of many users is spared.

My post was meant to be light-hearted. It also has obviously annoyed you if you decided to reply and make your annoyance known to the OP. The Bear Pit is for all football discussion and Paul Clement being named Cercle Brugge manager is a football topic. I think most people would probably click into the thread and notice it’s of no relevance to them and then click back to The Beat Pit. It takes about 5 or 10 seconds to do, depending on your internet speed of course.

God I just had a flashback. Anyone remember Jeremy Clement? Whatever happened to him?
The atmosphere round the club must have been toxic around the time he left.

I got a tour of the training centre and he'd left a message on a whiteboard to the squad wishing them well and making clear he hadn't bad mouthed anyone or got involved in any of the clique shit show of around that period.

Was all a bit sad.

Slightly unrelated but why do twitter pages no longer show in the thread and it just shows the link? Is there a setting i need to change?

Slightly unrelated but why do twitter pages no longer show in the thread and it just shows the link? Is there a setting i need to change?
It does for me on iPad but not on works laptop.
Work blocked twitter?

Playing in the French 5th tier. He suffered a really bad leg break at St Ettiene which effectively ended his top flight career. I saw him play for PSG a few years before that and he scored a screamer from 25 yards. Think he was on the fringes of the France squad for a while but never really made the step up. He was a tidy technical player but didn’t have the physicality to reach the absolute top level

In regards Paul Clément, wasn’t he touted for the Rangers job a few years back?

I just noticed that Lassana Coulibaly is on loan to Cercle. I wonder if he started like a house on fire and finish with a damp squib.

Must be up there with one of the most random threads of all time this. Read every post and I’ve still no idea of the relevance of it.

Who said anything about a Rangers relevance?

My bad. I should maybe have asked what relevance does your post have to this forum? I'm not being obtuse, I'm just obviously missing where your post would be of interest to Rangers fans. As I've already said I'm no Einstein, so maybe missing something obvious. Enlightenment would perhaps offer some clarity.

Seems Paul Mitchell is behind it and Clement will basically be a glorified reserve manager for Monaco youngsters

Must be up there with one of the most random threads of all time this. Read every post and I’ve still no idea of the relevance of it.

Football.
Because you’re on a football forum.
Rangers and other football topics.

Perhaps you thought typing follow follow forum into your browser would bring up the Financial Times or a discussion of Roman history?

I used to go to school with a guy called John McClement, no idea what he is doing now.

Football.
Because you’re on a football forum.
Rangers and other football topics.

Perhaps you thought typing follow follow forum into your browser would bring up the Financial Times or a discussion of Roman history?
There’s still no background in the thread as to why anyone would care about Paul Clement being announced as manager of a random Belgian team. Shall we expect another thread next week when Joe Bloggs is announced as manager of a Nigerian 3rd division team?

There’s still no background in the thread as to why anyone would care about Paul Clement being announced as manager of a random Belgian team. Shall we expect another thread next week when Joe Bloggs is announced as manager of a Nigerian 3rd division team?
I think you might just want to quit whilst your behind. It's a football forum and he posted a thread about a football manager that was previously touted to be our manager, being appointed to a new job.

It's not ground breaking, it's barely even interesting, but it's a thread your not forced to enter or read. Give it a rest.

I think you might just want to quit whilst your behind. It's a football forum and he posted a thread about a football manager that was previously touted to be our manager, being appointed to a new job.

It's not ground breaking, it's barely even interesting, but it's a thread your not forced to enter or read. Give it a rest.
Agreed, and completely random right? Almost like my first post.

I’ll post when I like cheers.

Agreed, and completely random right? Almost like my first post.

I’ll post when I like cheers.
If you have that attitude I see no reason to chastise a fellow fan for his content. It's clear to all reading the thread that you're coming across as an obnoxious knob. Anyway, enjoy your day, I won't waste time with a back and forth with someone that can't see he was the one being obtuse despite protesting otherwise.

If you have that attitude I see no reason to chastise a fellow fan for his content. It's clear to all reading the thread that you're coming across as an obnoxious knob. Anyway, enjoy your day waste time with a back and forth with someone that can't see he was the one being obtuse despite protesting otherwise.
Hahaha nae bother ya fud.

Back