Paul Lambert on drugs ?

They getting Clancy and Robertson to ref their European games now?

He’s right about one thing … they are a better run club off the field

The difference being that they have a very competent executive board who give a shit about protecting their brand and understand that their supporters are vital to their success

our board are miles off it politically and in terms of public relations
Yes if I was a Billionaire I wouldn't give Rangers a penny. The way succesive boards have allowed our haters to piss all over us is criminal. We are miles behind celtic when it comes to PR.

80,000 fans? I take it the banners in the upper tiers have been forgotten about already?

They’re a gazillion miles away from being a euro super power but anyone who can’t see the infrastructure and control they have in place in all areas of their operations are blinded by most likely hatred.

That said no one hates that team more than me but even I can see they’ve long left us behind. Years of free money in Europe whilst we were fucked over by charlatans, liars and money grabbing bastards has given them the platform they have now and that platform delivers consistently better recruitment.

They’re still cooonts though and horrible child molesting dirty beasts.

Back to the Champions League life changing pot of gold.
When we get there ach it's not really as much as people make it out to be.

Surely we are closing the gap commercially on Celtic now? What else can we do since we've got new Kit Deals, 50 sponsorships, NEH, blue sky lounge and we're apparently still miles off?

European super power FFS

Lambert also stressed that Celtic have a massive financial advantage over their rivals – and he argues that the champions could become one of the biggest clubs on the continent.

He said: “Celtic are much stronger than Rangers commercially and that’s important. The structure is sound, they have better merchandising and sponsorship so they’re flying on and off the field. That financial gap will only increase if Celtic get into the new-look Champions League next season – with four guaranteed home games and all the extra TV and UEFA revenue which comes with it – and Rangers miss out.

“Michael Beale has a big rebuild to do at Ibrox and, with Rangers on a UEFA watchlist over Financial Sustainability regulations, they’ll be limited on how much they can spend. He needs to get every signing spot on just to keep up with them.

“For Celtic, the potential is there for them to become a European super club. They could be a real monster if they get things going and the manager keeps on doing what he’s doing. If they could put on another tier and increase the capacity of Celtic Park to 80,000 they’d still fill it every week.

“They’re a world-wide institution and if they were ever invited to join the Premier League, after taking a couple of years to find their feet, they’d be challenging for the title.”
Ffs. World wide institution...for paedophilia. Even more deluded than Sutton and Hartson. Pumped all over Europe, but a European super club. Albertz knocked this cunts brain out along with his teeth, obviously.

Having read that, and now my eyes have stopped bleeding and my brain has processed the verbal diarrhoea, I have come to the conclusion that Paul Lambert is, in fact, a crackhead. And I’m sure he’s mixed the crack with quite a large dose of deludamol into the bargain

The financial stuff is tiring. If Celtic were in the impeccable financial state it’s claimed despite years of missing out on CL, Covid and many failed signings then surely every member of the Celtic board would have been headhunted by the best investment banks in the world. The financial crisis would surely be absolutely obliterated in a few days once big Ange is given a role in the bank.

Pretty sure after Advocaat’s second season we were “financially” miles ahead. Sure it was his 3rd season we were an absolute shambles.

Whilst obviously hyperbole he’d be better served saying they have ambition beyond ours. They protect and promote their fan culture, standing section atmosphere brand etc.

Our board do the opposite. Murray’s biggest failing beyond his own business collapse was he never had enough belief or ambition in the fanbase. His lack of effective ceo to replace him when he stood back and gave us Martin Bain to downsize.

Stewart Robertson is the same. We need an entrepreneurial ceo who can drive us forward and connect politically.

Murray limited the build of Ibrox and went for the cheap option when he removed the seats for screens in the corners. We need the opposite and ambition.
You'd be better removing your last bit about the corners as its wrong.
There were major structural reasons as to why the upper teirs could not be filled in and apply today just the same as they did at the time .
Aside from rebuilding the 3 stands from scratch ,the upper corners will never be filled as the stand gables are the major support for the roofs.
I do wish folk would stop revisiting this subject on a regular basis.
As for Lamberts assumption that the scum could fill 80k :)) They must be getting a new batch of banners .
When we were selling out in the lower divisions,they couldn't even fill their bottom teir and top one was reserved for said banners .Some of their figures were below 20k.

They always seem to get a little carried away with themselves. They genuinely believe kids are running around the streets of Belgium, Cameroon and China talking about Celtic.

Even in Japan, despite them having many players at them, most people will be far more interested in the EPL or Bundesliga.
In the near three years I've been in Japan, I've only seen one local in the green and grey. Apparently, though, they do have a supporters club in Tokyo, which is in tomorrow's St. Patrick's Day parade.

No disrespect intended to anyone who's genuinely Irish, but hope today's rain continues into Sunday. If it doesn't, I might venture out and tell any misguided Japanese fanbhoy the tale of what Big Jock knew.

Mumbling twat seems to forget.

1. He supported RANGERS.
2. He played for a boys club called Linwood RANGERS.
3. His first manager at his first Pro club used to play for RANGERS. Alex Miller.

Rangers shaped him in one way or another in his early years but the beasts changed him in to the twat he is today
Ffs don't blame us !

European super power FFS

Lambert also stressed that Celtic have a massive financial advantage over their rivals – and he argues that the champions could become one of the biggest clubs on the continent.

He said: “Celtic are much stronger than Rangers commercially and that’s important. The structure is sound, they have better merchandising and sponsorship so they’re flying on and off the field. That financial gap will only increase if Celtic get into the new-look Champions League next season – with four guaranteed home games and all the extra TV and UEFA revenue which comes with it – and Rangers miss out.

“Michael Beale has a big rebuild to do at Ibrox and, with Rangers on a UEFA watchlist over Financial Sustainability regulations, they’ll be limited on how much they can spend. He needs to get every signing spot on just to keep up with them.

“For Celtic, the potential is there for them to become a European super club. They could be a real monster if they get things going and the manager keeps on doing what he’s doing. If they could put on another tier and increase the capacity of Celtic Park to 80,000 they’d still fill it every week.

“They’re a world-wide institution and if they were ever invited to join the Premier League, after taking a couple of years to find their feet, they’d be challenging for the title.”
He's went full Uncle Tom :))

What an idiotic thing to say. Quite incredible the crap their fellow players spew out.

If Paul wasn't living in fantasy land, obviously drugged up to the eyeballs (how else can you explain it?), he'd maybe realise that his club are extremely fortunate to still exist with what's went on at the paedo harbourers over many decades.

Hopefully the class-action against his vile club later in the year will see the survivors get whatever closure they seek from it and destroy Paul's club forever, in the commercial sense at least. The world, or at least most of it, would be a better place with these bastards dead. I'm sure many of the survivors would agree too.

80,000 stadium? LMAO. They can't even fill their 60k midden every second week. Empty seats galore because their glory hunting 19th Century Terrorist fans are probably at home watching us play.

Much of it is nonesense and fantasy thinking.
Hes right about the scale and limitations of our rebuild.
This stagnency is something that we can't repeat.We need a better trading model and a dynamic ethos when it comes to squad content.

European super power FFS

You can tell he is reading from a script,probably written by Liewell.He is just another stooge to be added to hartson Sutton etc.The whole rancid club are either hiding or just detached from the reality of there situation.The only Scottish Club to do anything of note in Europe in the past 20 years is Rangers.Two European Finals,multiple group and knock out stage appearances away victories and taking some serious scalps along the way.THe mhanks haven't one a single knockout tie in 20 years.Hiding the truth as always.

Leaving aside most of that drivel, I very much doubt that their rickety shoighthole could support another tier.
Paul has clearly been overindulging for Paddy's weekend.

How quickly they've forgotten the tarpaulin sheets to cover up the empty stands at the piggery. :))

Parts of what he says are almost correct - although even then - he's saying them for the wrong reasons

IMO no club is becoming anything like a super-power on T.V. revenues currently available to SPL clubs
& why he thinks they'd fill 80000 seats when they struggle to get haf that most weeks in an already unsafe shithole of a stadium - is beyond me

However 'sound' their finances maybe - does he not realise that 20 clubs in the EPL get more revenue than his beloved club simply by opening their gates to TV cameras?

Does that mean the bottom 15 clubs in the EPL are also capable of being super powers as well anytime soon?
Some of them could well be - but that's when you get into the mega investment stakes - not because they increase stadium capacity

They could sell out an 80,000 seat stadium? Did he not remember their games when we weren't in the league. Plenty of times they struggled to half fill the Chamber of Secrets.

He’s right about one thing … they are a better run club off the field

The difference being that they have a very competent executive board who give a shit about protecting their brand and understand that their supporters are vital to their success

our board are miles off it politically and in terms of public relations
Is that the same board that ignore the CSA scandal as if it never happened some insisting it never did happen , and the boys club was a separate entity , there lies the difference . The only thing they're protecting is their own arses and their sordid detestable club .

This is the new “they’re ten years and £100m behind”. They’ve backed the fat slug. Let’s see what happens when he leaves and that will be sooner than later.

Reactions: VGM
As much of a Rangers fan as I am, I see absolutely nothing about us that would separate us (and them) from another Newcastle/Sunderland type remote outpost in an English/British league. Our fans want management teams sacked after 2 or 3 bad results, playing in a fairer, more even league would seriously turn off most of the people who just expect to turn up at Ibrox, see Rangers win and then shuffle off out at the 80th minute to get on with the rest of their day.

European super power haha

Maybe try and win a game first then take it from there ffs
I realize our Liverpool result was a total embarrassment but on aggregate, we lost 9-1 to Liverpool and they lost 8-1 to Real Madrid. We've basically given up on a management team and the vast majority of an entire squad due to that sort of humbling, and the delusional world that they live in sees them praise their team as valiant and plucky (and essentially, that it could've gone their way on another two nights) for escaping the Madrid games with one goal fewer conceded.

Latest posts

Back