Paul Lambert rules himself out the celtic job

uneasydaz

Paul Lambert has ruled himself out of the vacant Celtic job.

The Hoops legend says he doesn’t want to tarnish his reputation with the club's support.

The Ipswich Town manager has been tipped with the post, and has been previously interviewed for the No.1 role at Parkhead.

He told Sky Sports: "I played for eight years, but I left the Glasgow scene a long time ago.

"That's not my life anymore. I don't want to tarnish the good feelings I have with the Celtic fans.

“We won a hell of a lot, stopping Rangers winning Ten In A Row in 1998. That was an incredible achievement."

Ha Ha Ha

Doesn't want anything to do with the cloven-hoofed bheasts, more like. When it all went pear shaped with Lambert at the helm (which wouldn't take long, I would imagine), he would be ran out of town even quicker than Lennon was, before you could say "not sellik-minded".

Larsson will be along soon, with the same kind of excuse.

As a nice footnote, it's hilarious that Lambert's best memory from his 8 years at the piggery is all about Rangers.

Last edited:
I can’t decide whether he’s admitting he’s a shite manager or giving a diplomatic answer because he wouldn’t touch the job with a barge pole

Paul Lambert has ruled himself out of the vacant Celtic job.

The Hoops legend says he doesn’t want to tarnish his reputation with the club's support.

The Ipswich Town manager has been tipped with the post, and has been previously interviewed for the No.1 role at Parkhead.

He told Sky Sports: "I played for eight years, but I left the Glasgow scene a long time ago.

"That's not my life anymore. I don't want to tarnish the good feelings I have with the Celtic fans.

“We won a hell of a lot, stopping Rangers winning Ten In A Row in 1998. That was an incredible achievement."
Shitebag mumbling twat!

What a shame.
Genuinely, he would have been great at the tims - for us!

Johnny Mumble - nobody has a clue what he's saying.
His teams play exactly like his personality.

Hopefully they can convince him to change his mind.

damn
that would have been funny

worried about his reputation with Yahoos
whilst simultaneously breaking their party line of "us winning the league is no big deal"

Cowardice of the highest order. Clearly it would be a step up from Ipswich but he's scared of the challenge.

There is, however, another manager in the same league who would jump the chance.

Steve Evans, come on down.

oh Paul, that's real shame. In other words he couldn't hack it! :))

If anyone sees a job advert for Neic's old role, let me know. I think I could do a really good job there ;) I would consider doing it for free too as long as my backroom staff were brought in with me.

I would like to go on record and rule myself out as well - 'After playing pub league football in the 80's and '90s and a bit of football manager I feel I would be ideally placed to manage Celtc but due to me not giving 2 fecks about them I feel I do not want to tarnish my reputation with my mates so whoever their next head honcho is you can ram your offer if you were going to headhunt me'

Really interesting comment about not wanting to tarnish his reputation with fans, could be read 2 ways. a) he's worried he's not a good manager and will fail or, b) he's got some insight into the setup and doesn't see any possibility to be successful, regardless of manager talent.

Either way, I find it a strange thing to divulge to the press.

I'm not ruling myself out. I reckon I could surpass TLB in how shit I could be at the job. Only thing I'd probably do better would be winding up the yahoo hordes.

I hope they don't give it to anyone like him. I'm seriously glad Neil is away - he is an absolutely toxic figure and I expended far too much negative energy whenever he opened his bigoted face.

I actually hope they get someone low key and non-controversial.

Somewhere, a few miles from the East end of Glasgow, Mark McGhee is sitting in his car, waiting, patiently waiting, and has just punched the air in delight at hearing this news ........
Came on to point out that Mark McGhoo hasn't ruled himself out yet. :))

Back