Paul Lambert rules himself out the celtic job

I hope they offer me the post - I’d love to throw it back in their faces and give them at least 100 reasons why.

They'll resort to their default position......steal Jack Ross from Hibs. "knows the Scottish game, young ...blablabla"

"The Hoops legend says he doesn’t want to tarnish his reputation with the club's support."

Basically admitting he is a shite manager and not up to the task. Can't beat positivity.
It could be seen as a poisoned chalice.

So, with that in mind, I am ruling myself out as well.

Paul Lambert has ruled himself out of the vacant Celtic job.

The Hoops legend says he doesn’t want to tarnish his reputation with the club's support.

The Ipswich Town manager has been tipped with the post, and has been previously interviewed for the No.1 role at Parkhead.

He told Sky Sports: "I played for eight years, but I left the Glasgow scene a long time ago.

"That's not my life anymore. I don't want to tarnish the good feelings I have with the Celtic fans.

“We won a hell of a lot, stopping Rangers winning Ten In A Row in 1998. That was an incredible achievement."
No it wasn't. we lost it, you didn't win it. A shit league anyway. We never wanted ten that much and weren't that bothered. Referees helped you out, Opus Dei etc. etc.

Have I missed anything?

Paul Lambert has ruled himself out of the vacant Celtic job.

The Hoops legend says he doesn’t want to tarnish his reputation with the club's support.

The Ipswich Town manager has been tipped with the post, and has been previously interviewed for the No.1 role at Parkhead.

He told Sky Sports: "I played for eight years, but I left the Glasgow scene a long time ago.

"That's not my life anymore. I don't want to tarnish the good feelings I have with the Celtic fans.

“We won a hell of a lot, stopping Rangers winning Ten In A Row in 1998. That was an incredible achievement."
So admitting he may not be that good?

Christ on a bike, he won a treble & made a European final and the thing he mentions is stopping TIAR.

What a mindset.

"The Hoops legend says he doesn’t want to tarnish his reputation with the club's support."

Basically admitting he is a shite manager and not up to the task. Can't beat positivity.
Or one bad result and he has the mutants at the front door demanding his head

Christ on a bike, he won a treble & made a European final and the thing he mentions is stopping TIAR.

What a mindset.
It's Tom Boyd's greatest achievement as well apparently. Stopping "the h*ns getting 10".

While it's nice to burst their 10 bubble, I don't think anyone at Rangers has even mentioned it, it's all about getting our first title in a decade, winning 55.

Correct about their mindset, never mind what Celtc could achieve, just stop Rangers .......

Reactions: SDF
It's Tom Boyd's greatest achievement as well apparently. Stopping "the h*ns getting 10".

While it's nice to burst their 10 bubble, I don't think anyone at Rangers has even mentioned it, it's all about getting our first title in a decade, winning 55.

Correct about their mindset, never mind what Celtc could achieve, just stop Rangers .......

They introduced fifty something Tom Boyd to a bunch of five and six year olds a couple of years back at a fanzone as "the man who stopped the ten"

That's both him and the prick Boyd been mentioned recently as highlighting stopping our 10 as a massive achievement. But us doing so this year (yes I know, 9.75) is played down all over the place.

Cowardice of the highest order. Clearly it would be a step up from Ipswich but he's scared of the challenge.

There is, however, another manager in the same league who would jump the chance.

Steve Evans, come on down.
He's out, the cost of the low loader to transport him up the road was prohibitive to the budget for next season.

tenor.gif

What a mindset.
That’s what jumped out at me. Of all the things he says they won, stopping us takes first place.

He's out, the cost of the low loader to transport him up the road was prohibitive to the budget for next season.

Reminds me of this gem from a few years ago:

"I want to do well enough here that Dermot Desmond of Celtic picks up the telephone in two or three years and says Brendan Rodgers is off to somewhere in the Premier League, would you come and be our manager?

"Peterborough United doing well in the Championship gives me a chance doesn't it?"

Ipswich has always been my 'English team' since I was a kid.

I'm absolutely gutted he's ruled himself out! Him going to Celtic would have been a dream outcome for both us and Ipswich.
That was my first thought when I started reading the thread. I heard TalkSport the other day and he was getting it big time for trying to “pull a Lennon” and blame everything but himself. Some guy phoned in and didn’t miss. :))

I’m not surprised. Mick McCarthy or Tosh McKinley will be front runners for the Celtic job.

Good feelings could never be tarnished Paul.

They are the greatest and most tolerant support in the world, you know that you'd never walk alone.

Just ask your pal Neil.

Back