Paul Murray and Barry Scott Resign

Celtic Quick News resident Mongo Paul spinning the resignations as related to the Takeover Panel Judgement. When Murray and Scott weren't even considered concert to the party in the rulling. :D

Dunno why I am posting this, but my first thought today was perhaps Murray and Scott are pissed off at King promising to put funds in place (for the share offer) and failing to do so.

Gerrard has got previous of changing his mind at the very last minute.

Remember he was as good as signed for Chelsea before doing a u-turn!

Absolutely nothing surprises me regarding our club now. Infact I’m actually just waiting for this deal to fall through.
Christ I forgot about.Puts me in a wee downer and thinking we get the likes of Alex Neil :(o_O

I'm not gonna lie guys but I am absolutely shitting myself plus i may be reading to much into it but Gerrard looks pissed off in the studio tonight compared to last night,need some reassurance everything is gonna be all good

You get tae bed for school in the morning, that's utterly pathetic, i will try and reassure you though......"its allright wee pal, everything will be ok, now away and get your jim jams on and i'll make you a wee cup of cocoa"

In the name of %^*&.

Dunno why I am posting this, but my first thought today was perhaps Murray and Scott are pissed off at King promising to put funds in place (for the share offer) and failing to do so.

Me to mate.... and it’s not something that should be discarded so readily.

What’s the repercussions of king’s failure to meet the takeover ruling?

So many fans are commenting on SG looking "more pissed off" tonight. He said last night that his talks with Rangers will continue on Thursday i.e. tomorrow. Could it not just be that he's looking tense like all fans do before their team play in massive game? He's also in Rome, he's not likely to have spent the day on the phone negotiating with us. He's said talks continue tomorrow and I've absolutely no reason to disbelieve him.

So many fans are commenting on SG looking "more pissed off" tonight. He said last night that his talks with Rangers will continue on Thursday i.e. tomorrow. Could it not just be that he's looking tense like all fans do before their team play in massive game? He's also in Rome, he's not likely to have spent the day on the phone negotiating with us. He's said talks continue tomorrow and I've absolutely no reason to disbelieve him.

o6NTXlZ.jpg
........this is FF, it'll never catch on.

It's actually Paul Murray and Barry Scott.

I was referring to the official club statement.

I believe Barry Scott was the representative of the "associated parties" who have put in about £5.4m. George Taylor, George Letham, Andrew Ross, Barry Scott, Scott Murdoch.

He wasn’t

This thread is mental. How does two directors leaving mean we have money coming in from HK, China, Japan America or the far east. Wake up folks. Anyone putting in £££ will want it back and that is fair enough. Folk on here thinking someone will just give us millions for nothing. Pie in the sky right enough. Lets remember that these soft loans have to be paid back first upwards of 20M. So any share issue will need to pay these guys back first. Any money thereafter could be used to better the squad. Lets no kid on or believe that someone is going to give us millions for nothing or never pay it back. The world doesn't work like that. Having said that, I do hope there is investment, what I am saying is that any monies we get or generate has to be in line with the business model. We have to live within our means, which is fine and how it should be.

Rumours on social media (yes I know) that the investment is from the USA (AJ being the link) and it’s Robert Sarver (a name from the past few years). Surely not the case?

Rumours on social media (yes I know) that the investment is from the USA (AJ being the link) and it’s Robert Sarver (a name from the past few years). Surely not the case?

Robert Sarver would be a nightmare to be honest. Voted worst owner in the NBA.

That was my first thought also.

I don't doubt that King has access to the funds, but he is a hard-nosed businessman with a reputation for being awkward and reluctant to conform with authority.

Murray and Scott on the other hand are from a financial background and possibly fear, as Directors, being punished or struck-off, as it is the Company as well as King who are failing to comply and both likely to be punished.

I don't think either of them receive a salary from Rangers, so they may feel that any punishment would be unfair and are distancing themselves from the Company, before any punishment is imposed.

Absolutely nothing to suggest that I am correct, just my personal thoughts.

I don't doubt that King has access to the funds, but he is a hard-nosed businessman with a reputation for being awkward and reluctant to conform with authority.

Murray and Scott on the other hand are from a financial background and possibly fear, as Directors, being punished or struck-off, as it is the Company as well as King who are failing to comply and both likely to be punished.

I don't think either of them receive a salary from Rangers, so they may feel that any punishment would be unfair and are distancing themselves from the Company, before any punishment is imposed.

This is what's been my first and foremost thought - yesterdays ruling has caused them to resign before King finds himself sanctioned / cold shouldered.

Just seems that yesterdays ruling and two directors stepping today is a bit coincidental.

I think it’s important that as a support we question every appointment or action by the board, especially regarding finance. King being reluctant to conform with authority is not what we as a club need , I am fecking sick of reading club statements and board changes, I really hope that things become clear in the coming days and the board / King show the transparency they promised. We don’t want bullshit, bluster or sound bites.

Is it only me that finds these resignations alarming ? The news surrounding who might well be our new manager would surely be an exciting time for fans and board members alike ! Why would you be resigning at a time like this ? Your either giving up on the structure at Rangers or your giving way to someone else’s visions for the way forward....

I think a lot of people have got their heads in the sand about the “alleged” boardroom friction. You’re right. Not exactly the correct time to be announcing resignations, unless of course something came to a head and it was inevitable.

Jackson’s latest in the Record goes a long way to dispelling any lingering worries I had about all this. The most substantial thing he had to say was the statement wasn’t as nice as Gilligan’s. Then paragraph after paragraph of near libellous character attacks on the guy who won’t talk to him.

If there’s a smoking gun in these resignations, no one has produced anything - no evidence, no theory - other than the wording of a statement (yawn) and timing (which you could plausibly look at much more positively).

I wondered immediately if it was related to Murray being a CA and wanting to distance himself from Kings more aggressive boardroom manouvers.

King better get this Gerrard deal done and find significant investment which dwarfs what Pedro got.

Failure to do so will make us once again a laughing stock but this time internationally.

Fucks this up and I see fans turning on him big style.

King better get this Gerrard deal done and find significant investment which dwarfs what Pedro got.

Failure to do so will make us once again a laughing stock but this time internationally.

Fucks this up and I see fans turning on him big style.

Wishful thinking on your part I think.

Back