Pay £10 Million For 2 Defenders Then Let Them Watch From The Bench As You Concede 4 Goals At Home?

MearnsUnionist

You really couldn't make it up.

It was like watching a BB game last night and both teams looked like scoring every time they attacked.

Lennon started with a back 3 of the Arab Israeli (don't know his name), Ajer and Simumovic, with Forrest and McGregor as wing backs.

They were all over the place in the first half, so he switched to a back 4, pushing Forrest further forward and moving McGregor back to a traditional left back and the defending became even more shambolic.

Yet still the £7 million centre half and the £3 million left back cooled their heels on the bench.

What a vote of confidence that must be for the 2 of them.

Forrest, Edouard and Christie did carry a threat for them going forward, but as a team they look totally disorganised.

Lennon has been in the game long enough to know if they perform anything like that at Ibrox it will be a long day for them.

There is a real opportunity here for us this season.

It's up to us to keep doing what we're doing and grab it with both hands.

Last edited:

MrBrightside

Seen most of it and they do have a threat going forward but Cluj defenders were like Laurel and Hardie,shambolic at times.
The mhank defence was poor,Bain is a poor GK.

It is imperative that we beat St Boo going into the game with them,it would be the first time in a while we go head to head with them at least all square on points.
Time to crank up the pressure.

Sensiblesteve

I don’t believe for one minute they paid anywhere near the amounts for these players they’re claiming, it was done to appease the gullible’s that they were actually spending money

A £7 million defender who can’t get a game in Scottish Football and a £3 million left back who makes Stefan Mahe look like a superstar

I’m calling bullshit ...

Presbyterian

This has happened to us previously
An then we went an bought 3/4 players

Hope they don’t
I hope they do, another 3/4 players would cost them roughly £10-£15M, plus around the same in contracts/wages, this being added to their £60M-odd annual wage bill would be utterly unsustainable.

Also by the time they bed in another 3 new players we could be out of sight, not forgetting that any recruits they get at this time of year will have already have been passed over by all the English Premiership/Championship sides, they would basically be making panic signings of unknown foreigners.

They lost out on about £20M last night, let them spend their money, and if it has to be spent, by God, please let Neil Lennon spend it.

Big Buff

I hope they do, another 3/4 players would cost them roughly £10-£15M, plus around the same in contracts/wages, this being added to their £60M-odd annual wage bill would be utterly unsustainable.

Also by the time they bed in another 3 new players we could be out of sight, not forgetting that any recruits they get at this time of year will have already have been passed over by all the English Premiership/Championship sides, they would basically be making panic signings of unknown foreigners.

They lost out on about £20M last night, let them spend their money, and if it has to be spent, by God, please let Neil Lennon spend it.
Agreed.

Let Lennon buy another £20m worth of shite so they can sit on the bench as he plays Jonny Hayes at left back.

Vote For Pedro

You really couldn't make it up.

It was like watching a BB game last night and both teams looked like scoring every time they attacked.

Lennon started with a back 3 of the Arab Israeli (don't know his name), Ajer and Simumovic, with Forrest and McGregor as wing backs.

They were all over the place in the first half, so he switched to a back 4, pushing Forrest further forward and moving McGregor back to a traditional left back and the defending became even more shambolic.

Yet still the £7 million centre half and the £3 million left back cooled their heels on the bench.

What a vote of confidence that must be for the 2 them.

Forrest, Edouard and Christie did carry a threat for them going forward, but as a team they look totally disorganised.

Lennon has been in the game long enough to know if they perform anything like that at Ibrox it will be a long day for them.

There is a real opportunity here for us this season.

It's up to us to keep doing what we're doing and grab it with both hands.
I’ve said it a few times. The £7m defender is a dumpling. The LB looks every bit the dumpling too.

They will go for McKenna from the sheep he fits the bill and it weakens dolly at the same time
Another £7 million spunked
The way they were talking about ajar he was the next Beckinbaur
Loving their pain just loving it !

I see the Right back is being criticised aswell. He is not an upgrade on the ageing Swedish guy that left them.

The left back is just awful (3million lol) and is nowhere near the level Tierney is at. The CB I haven't seen but I doubt he will be as nearly as good for them as Boyata was.

12 million spent to make their defence worse than what it was lol

noucamp72

I don’t believe for one minute they paid anywhere near the amounts for these players they’re claiming, it was done to appease the gullible’s that they were actually spending money

A £7 million defender who can’t get a game in Scottish Football and a £3 million left back who makes Stefan Mahe look like a superstar

I’m calling bullshit ...
Nothing is ever as it seems with them.
I never believe anything that come out of that place.

MearnsUnionist

I see the Right back is being criticised aswell. He is not an upgrade on the ageing Swedish guy that left them.

The left back is just awful (3million lol) and is nowhere near the level Tierney is at. The CB I haven't seen but I doubt he will be as nearly as good for them as Boyata was.

He's nowhere near Boyata's quality mate.

Boyata had a mistake in him, but he was lightning quick, excellent in the air and strong as %^*&.

I saw enough against Motherwell to know he's well down on Boyata's level.

ChinaskiBear

This is why I dont fear them spending money anymore. You literally get %^*& all for your money now with the transfer market so fucked. Let them spunk 7M on uncapped CHs who play in lig1 its not value for money. Look at us with Grezda. The market is fucked and spending 5M plus guarantees you nothing. They wont be that bad at Ibrox surely ? Hearing a rumour that the big CH is not rated at all. Even by his team mates

Bear all

I listened to Talksport last night the Yahoo's phoning was delightful, one accused their team of being complacent. The presenter then asked do you think this gives Rangers a boost and will they be giving you a right challenge no way said the Yahoo Rangers are nothing to worry about, the presenter then says we'll there you have not only are the team complacent their supporters are as well perfectly summed up I thought.

Bigbluebear

You can tell just looking at him he will be a downgrade on Boyata.

For all he was a bomb scare at times, boyata was big, powerful, imposing and intimidating. This guy is tall and gangly, doesnt look intimidating at all.

PMB1872

You can tell just looking at him he will be a downgrade on Boyata.

For all he was a bomb scare at times, boyata was big, powerful, imposing and intimidating. This guy is tall and gangly, doesnt look intimidating at all.
I suspect if they’re daft enough to start him on 1st September, he will be chasing shadows.

Sebo23

Their recruitment is horrific mate.
Exactly, & the reason why yourself & i weren't too downheartened at Tierney leaving & the money the would get.

Through Boyata, Benkovic & Tierney leaving they've basically had to construct a full new defence. I said at the time that could be our best chance of putting some real pressure on them as no matter who they signed they would need time to settle. For the first time in years we have a more settled team, as in no-one important leaving, we are just adding to it rather than having to replace.

Beating them in a couple of weeks puts real pressure on them in the first time in years, The boo boys will be out even more, you think that will help the new lads settle better? We really need to put our foot on their throat!

DavieM

Literally their only threat in the first half was Ryan Christie running into players and falling down - that seemed to be the game plan.

Their midfield was missing all night defensively as their playmaker was covering for the £3 million billy bolognese at left back. The new £7 million defender must have been wondering what he was watching as the defence shat the nest any time Cluj went anywhere near their box.

Make no mistakes their will be toys out the pram and serious repercussions as it's obvious Broonaldo is now completely finished yet still playing every game, Bain is looking like a Dundee GK and their best player has once again been sacrificed in one of their biggest games.

Even better Liewell and Lennon are now directly in the firing line as the biscuit tin mentality has once again bit them on the arse - but would they even consider giving treacle teeth big money to spend given his previous form?? I almost want him to go out and spunk another 10-15 million as that is what he looks to have done thus far.

Wamphray_Loyal

I listened to Talksport last night the Yahoo's phoning was delightful, one accused their team of being complacent. The presenter then asked do you think this gives Rangers a boost and will they be giving you a right challenge no way said the Yahoo Rangers are nothing to worry about, the presenter then says we'll there you have not only are the team complacent their supporters are as well perfectly summed up I thought.
Brace yourselves for 55 folks .

The big lad Julien doesn't look interested according to some of them. Boli is just brutal.

I hope they play a back three against us because that defence last night was a mess, an absolute shambles and you could have driven Gavin Rae, Dragan Mladenovic and Stephen Hughes through their midfield.

Big pressure on Lennon to get it right in the transfer market. Players they were eyeing will now have turned their back on them due to no Champions League and it probably lessens his transfer budget.

Shame they don't have a tough away game this weekend as the pressure would be on.