Pedro and players Q&A

the voice

Anyone else at the Rangers Foundation's evening with Pedro last night?

They had Dorrans and Windass first up for some fans questions and then Pedro and JJ up on stage.

Thought Pedro spoke well although he does have a tendency to use 100 words when ten will do. Was impressed with JJ - he epitomises the cool calm Scandinavian persona.

All four were lovely nice guys, can't help but wonder if that's part of our problem....

Aye I was there, went with my papa and my sister and had a great time. My sister even started fan girling as Windass brushed past her in the corridor just before his part of the Q&A :D.

Dorrans' response to the question "Which songs give you the battle fever?" was my personal favorite of the night.

Sure RTV were there filming so we should get some clips from last night over the next few days.

They had Dorrans and Windass first up for some fans questions and then Pedro and JJ up on stage.

Thought Pedro spoke well although he does have a tendency to use 100 words when ten will do. Was impressed with JJ - he epitomises the cool calm Scandinavian persona.

All four were lovely nice guys, can't help but wonder if that's part of our problem....

Any chance of letting us know some of the key questions and answers from last night ?

Aye I was there, went with my papa and my sister and had a great time. My sister even started fan girling as Windass brushed past her in the corridor just before his part of the Q&A :D.

Dorrans' response to the question "Which songs give you the battle fever?" was my personal favorite of the night.

and Dorrans reply was ? lol not giving much away you guys

Any chance of letting us know some of the key questions and answers from last night ?

Pedro was asked about how he handles the media and the nonsense they come out with and he simply responded with "I don't listen to them, they do what they want and I do what I want to do" essentially.

Pedro was asked if this club compares to anything he's experienced before, he said no. What with the history and fan base that we do have, this is by far the best club he'll ever manage.

They're putting in scouting properly in the club and identifying players who know what it means to play for us and can cope with the pressure.

That's a few off the top of my head, loaded with the cold and I'm struggling to remember other questions.

Dorrans and Windass were asked mainly about them and the team, pretty standard responses about how much of a privilege it is to play for us, understand how much club means to the fans, working really hard. Were asked if we needed to be tougher, Dorrans thought that to a man they'd all stand up for each other, Josh said you have to be careful or you'll get sent off better to let your football do the talking or words to that effect. Dorrans said they were coming together well as a group only couple can't speak English but getting lessons, but did also say he hadn't been on a night out with the team yet. Gap getting closer to Celtic but no denying they are ahead. Target this year is to bridge gap and win a trophy.

Pedro, says we are working well definite progrssion. His analyis and stats show we are starting to score more but defence needs to improve. More goals in less conceded and we will see better points returns. Never been at a club like Rangers with the history, trophies, fans and the combined expectation of that. His family have lived in Middle East, Portugal, Romania, Greece and Mexico finding Glasgow hardest to "settle" (didn't say settle but that was what he meant) so he can see how it must be difficult for new players as he witnesses it in his own house. suprised SFA only picked 2 rangers players in full and u21 squad but not his concern but Rangers should have a better representation. Not bothered about the press, never reads or listens to them. Will look to strengthen with each transfer window, would look though at youth squad first, then domestic market and then foreign market place, Working with Mark Allen.

Pedro was asked about how he handles the media and the nonsense they come out with and he simply responded with "I don't listen to them, they do what they want and I do what I want to do" essentially.

Pedro was asked if this club compares to anything he's experienced before, he said no. What with the history and fan base that we do have, this is by far the best club he'll ever manage.

They're putting in scouting properly in the club and identifying players who know what it means to play for us and can cope with the pressure.

That's a few off the top of my head, loaded with the cold and I'm struggling to remember other questions.

Thats brilliant thanks mate, i heard on rangers radio last night one of the guys saying we are going to have a scouting network covering a large part of the world, maybe thats where he got this info from, was there talk of lawyers looking into Jackson piece about Morelos ?

Dorrans and Windass were asked mainly about them and the team, pretty standard responses about how much of a privilege it is to play for us, understand how much club means to the fans, working really hard. Were asked if we needed to be tougher, Dorrans thought that to a man they'd all stand up for each other, Josh said you have to be careful or you'll get sent off better to let your football do the talking or words to that effect. Dorrans said they were coming together well as a group only couple can't speak English but getting lessons, but did also say he hadn't been on a night out with the team yet. Gap getting closer to Celtic but no denying they are ahead. Target this year is to bridge gap and win a trophy.

Pedro, says we are working well definite progrssion. His analyis and stats show we are starting to score more but defence needs to improve. More goals in less conceded and we will see better points returns. Never been at a club like Rangers with the history, trophies, fans and the combined expectation of that. His family have lived in Middle East, Portugal, Romania, Greece and Mexico finding Glasgow hardest to "settle" (didn't say settle but that was what he meant) so he can see how it must be difficult for new players as he witnesses it in his own house. suprised SFA only picked 2 rangers players in full and u21 squad but not his concern but Rangers should have a better representation. Not bothered about the press, never reads or listens to them. Will look to strengthen with each transfer window, would look though at youth squad first, then domestic market and then foreign market place, Working with Mark Allen.

Thanks a lot mate, appreciated

I really like Caixinha. He clearly has a plan and I just hope he is given time to carry that plan out. 2/3 players in January and I think we will have the basis of a really good squad. The major overhaul was done in the summer now just need to keep increasing the level of player throughout the squad with each window.

Interesting he mentioned players in the national team. I know alot of our fans couldn’t care less about Scotland but a sign we are getting back to where we want to be will be when we have a good core of Rangers players in the Scotland A team.

I really like Caixinha. He clearly has a plan and I just hope he is given time to carry that plan out. 2/3 players in January and I think we will have the basis of a really good squad. The major overhaul was done in the summer now just need to keep increasing the level of player throughout the squad with each window.

Interesting he mentioned players in the national team. I know alot of our fans couldn’t care less about Scotland but a sign we are getting back to where we want to be will be when we have a good core of Rangers players in the Scotland A team.
Deffo and Thomson and Ferguson said in the youtube interview there where always international players in the stands never mind the bench, long way to go before we reach that level again.

Cheers for that mate.

Thanks for a great summation mate

Dorrans was asked if Scotland players were genetically inferior, just laughed it off and said talking nonsense. Then went on to say not even thinking about Scotland not bothered at all. Doesn't think it would happen but if called up he'd have to have a think as to whether he'd want to be involved (I'm paraphrasing)

did anyone mention specific countries that we are going to be scouting ? as i said above i heard on Rangers Radio a long list of countries all over the world and i was wondering where they got that info from and now i am thinking it might have been from this q and a

did anyone mention specific countries that we are going to be scouting ? as i said above i heard on Rangers Radio a long list of countries all over the world and i was wondering where they got that info from and now i am thinking it might have been from this q and a

No. Nothing talked about Scouting, other than we look from within first - talked about MCCrorie potential to be very good.

Pedro did get quite animated talking about the Scottish football calendar, said 7 years ago 2 teams going into CL qualifiers now only 1 and 3 rounds - said rangers only had two weeks break when legally players should have had five, said SFA can't do anything about UEFA calaender but can fix their domestic one, rangers have been vocal but up to other clubs and the SFA to recognise the impact it's having (look at results in Europe over the years) and make changes.

No. Nothing talked about Scouting, other than we look from within first - talked about MCCrorie potential to be very good.

Pedro did get quite animated talking about the Scottish football calendar, said 7 years ago 2 teams going into CL qualifiers now only 1 and 3 rounds - said rangers only had two weeks break when legally players should have had five, said SFA can't do anything about UEFA calaender but can fix their domestic one, rangers have been vocal but up to other clubs and the SFA to recognise the impact it's having (look at results in Europe over the years) and make changes.

Ok cheers mate, i wonder wheere the guy on rangers radio got his info from, he was naming a load of countries, will try and find out

Dorrans was asked if Scotland players were genetically inferior, just laughed it off and said talking nonsense. Then went on to say not even thinking about Scotland not bothered at all. Doesn't think it would happen but if called up he'd have to have a think as to whether he'd want to be involved (I'm paraphrasing)

At his age that is fair enough. I just hope over time Rangers players make up the majority of the Scotland team again. We are the biggest club in the country so of course that should be evident in the national team.

JJ is not Scandinavian.#pedanticloyal

Good to see he'll look through youth for promotion, then domestically.

January window should be interesting. Would expect us to make a move to sign up Lewis Morgan on a free for sure.

Bit concerning that his family are finding Glasgow the toughest to settle in , out of all the countries he has lived in .

I'd imagine the weather must be s factor in that for his family everywhere else has been a fantastic climate to live and work .

I hope it's doesn't mean he's unhappy . I like him and want him to stay .

Bit concerning that his family are finding Glasgow the toughest to settle in , out of all the countries he has lived in .

I'd imagine the weather must be s factor in that for his family everywhere else has been a fantastic climate to live and work .

He hasn't stayed at a club really for a lengthy period of time.

Good to see he'll look through youth for promotion, then domestically.

January window should be interesting. Would expect us to make a move to sign up Lewis Morgan on a free for sure.

Would like to see us bringing in very good foreign youngsters with a view to them being real candidates for obvious promotion from the development squad.

While a lot of money is being banded about for youth players now(too much for us) it should be a good way for us to secure players we can identify before others as that's where we need to be. The other side is keeping our own Scottish lads out in front too.

I thought he was Finnish. If so then I suppose he can call himself Scandinavian .

Born in Sweden, with Swedish being his first language apparently, lived in Southern Finland. Imagine he identifies himself as a Swedish speaking Finn.

Spoke last night of Jonas Thern being his biggest influence at Rangers.

I can only imagine how difficult it is for Pedro and his family in Glasgow with the amount of crap they will have to put up from the press, mentally challengeds and the rest of Scottish football in general.

People constantly trying to hound him out - I hope it drives him on and he is a success with us, for me he deserves it.

No surrender Pedro and never forget it.

Was thinking the same.

I can totally see why people from Portugal, Mexico, Colombia would struggle to settle in Glasgow. It really is a completely different environment - and the weather is utterly miserable. I can't imagine many of them are genuinely enjoying it. And for Pedro to specifically highlight this gives a bit of an insight. Hope Pedro's family settle, but I can imagine his mrs isn't overly impressed waking up to cold grey skies every morning.

Finland used to be part of sweden until 1809 mate
All these countries have had various unions over the years. Finland became independent of Russia in 1917 !
My girlfriend is Norwegian. I can assure you Finnish is totally different language and the Scandies can speak to each other in their own languages and be understood.

Was thinking the same.

I can totally see why people from Portugal, Mexico, Colombia would struggle to settle in Glasgow. It really is a completely different environment - and the weather is utterly miserable. I can't imagine many of them are genuinely enjoying it. And for Pedro to specifically highlight this gives a bit of an insight. Hope Pedro's family settle, but I can imagine his mrs isn't overly impressed waking up to cold grey skies every morning.

Without lapsing into 'but can he do it at Stoke in a wet January' rhetoric I am slightly concerned by those comments. PC has been here since March and the players have been here since the summer. If they're finding it tough now, wait until the dark, cold mornings come along and they get 8 hours of daylight a day. It's not all climate but it must be a factor.

Without lapsing into 'but can he do it at Stoke in a wet January' rhetoric I am slightly concerned by those comments. PC has been here since March and the players have been here since the summer. If they're finding it tough now, wait until the dark, cold mornings come along and they get 8 hours of daylight a day. It's not all climate but it must be a factor.
Yes - I agree mate. His family have been in middle east, eastern europe, Mexico etc. - but this is the most difficult for them. That's alarm bells for me.

As for the likes of Pena, Herrera they must have thought the weather in Scotland wasn't going to be amazing - but I bet even they didn't think that it would that shite. I genuinely understand why it would be getting them down and making things more difficult to settle.

And as you say - they haven't even begun to see the worst of it yet !!

They're living in the arse end of northern Europe and waking up to depressing weather day in day out - can't be great for them. Psychologically it will get them down.

I think why that's why people have to give these guys time to adjust to our climate and culture,not to mention the goldfish bowl that is Glasgow.I am glad we have Pedro at the helm, he's had to strip bare practically the whole of the first team,now we have a good starting block of a team and I can't wait to see who else he brings in. Very optimistic.

This is where Novo comes in and hopefully he'll get more involved than he already is. An infectious character who can hopefully assist our Hispanic and Portuguese players - and try and take their minds off the depressing weather in Scotland !!

Was thinking the same.

I suppose if you're family members are not settled it will always be in the back of your mind but it shouldn't bother Pedro or the players they got the job and pay they wanted....just my opinion.

I suppose if you're family members are not settled it will always be in the back of your mind but it shouldn't bother Pedro or the players they got the job and pay they wanted....just my opinion.
I agree mate - as professionals they should get on with it. But weather/climate is something you're in 100% of the time. You can't escape it. People's moods are affected by it. Massive culture shock to some of these players - and some will simply struggle with it. That's the reality.

The manager /players at least have training/games etc. to keep their minds occupied. I'd imagine their families will be struggling more to be honest.

One of my favourite answers was when the players were asked who the funniest guy in the changing room was. They said Pena - well they assume he's funny as he walks around laughing all the time but nobody knows what he's saying!

Enjoyed the Q&A.

The "nastiness" question towards Windass and Dorran's could have done with a better answer, didn't agree with Dorran saying when they need to stand up and be counted they are, well not with what happened against Celtic. Windass saying they'll talk with their skill and not physicality (paraprashing)

Pedro's answer to what's been the teams best performance was a bit confusing, lots of stats!

Did win the signed ball at the raffle though, so chuffed what that.

You always hear how some players won't get on with each other, its natural not to be best mates with everyone you work with. Although I'm not sure how I feel about Windass not being on a night out with the team when I know others have and I only say that because a happy together dressing room is more likely to get results.

Back