Pedro Caixinha in the stadium tonight

I have no ill feelings towards the man, decent bloke and tried his best.

Did Caixinha not have a fantastic away record for us at one point? Seemed to be the home games he struggled.

It’s also a blur and I don’t want to check the above fact as it’ll remind me.

No hate for Pedro from me, it wasn't to be and whether people like it or not he was one of our managers and doesn't deserve to be bashed. Leave the past in the past
By appointing him the board really fucked up and wasted nearly 10-15m of their own money in the process. Out of all the mistakes they have made, this is their biggest. We'd have been better off with Warburton for another 2 years and that is saying something.

Anyone who hates a former Rangers player, manager, etc for failing even though they cared about the club and was just unfortunately aren’t a proper fan to me. I rarely get “elitist” with who is or isn’t a Rangers fan but that is just one thing I can’t stand.

All the best to Pedro, he wasn’t a great manager but I’ll always appreciate moments like his celebration at Pittodrie. The guy was the press’ xenophobic warm-up act for Alfredo.

Anyone who hates a former Rangers player, manager, etc for failing even though they cared about the club and was just unfortunately aren’t a proper fan to me. I rarely get “elitist” with who is or isn’t a Rangers fan but that is just one thing I can’t stand.

All the best to Pedro, he wasn’t a great manager but I’ll always appreciate moments like his celebration at Pittodrie. The guy was the press’ xenophobic warm-up act for Alfredo.
What? So we cant call him shite yet we appreciate his goal celebrations? We got beat 5-1 at home vs them under his watch.

We hired him. It didn't work out. That's life.

I certainly have no ill-feeling towards him. He did his best but it just wasn't good enough.

Reserve your anger for some of the charlatans who have (dis)graced our club over the last decade. The Craig Whyte and David Somers of this world.
So we now cant ever be pissed off at managers, we should direct that anger to Craig Whyte?

We should be pissed off the people that appointed him went with such a risky appointment and wasted 10-15m of their own money and 18 months of our time and season ticket money.

O
Has he ever bad mouthed us?

Was given an opportunity and offered a job anyone would grab, he wasn’t good enough, he lost said job. No real need for the classless comments is there.
I get this point, but I wouldnt take a job that i wasnt cut out to do. I suppose he wasmt to know that with a lack of knowledge of Scottish football. But the board should have ensured they hired someone that had that knowledge or could easily adapt.

What? So we cant call him shite yet we appreciate his goal celebrations? We got beat 5-1 at home vs them under his watch.
You can call him shite. I’m just saying it doesn’t need to be personal. He done his best in a job he should’ve been nowhere near. I never wanted the guy since that game. The fact he made the same mistakes twice in a row sealed it for me but again I don’t have any personal hate towards him as a person. We have enough former staff stabbing us in the back, I at least respect those who cared.

O

I get this point, but I wouldnt take a job that i wasnt cut out to do. I suppose he wasmt to know that with a lack of knowledge of Scottish football. But the board should have ensured they hired someone that had that knowledge or could easily adapt.

He clearly didn’t know he wasn’t cut out to do it. I’m sure Le Guen never knew either.

It’s all on the board, I don’t know why anyone would have anything against the guy personally. If he’d walked away and tried to bad mouth us or blame it on anyone else I could understand it, but he didn’t.

Pedro got a bad wrap from the press up here from day one, which is strange considering xenophobia doesn't exist within scottish fitba allegedly. Was actually quite intelligent but unfortunately probably of the Ian Cathro category of coach. All the best Pedro

I certainly don’t have any axe to grind with Caixinha

a really nice man who tried his best but just didn’t get to grasp with the Scottish game.
Carried himself well when he was at the club and really was a lesson in exactly what type,of person makes a Rangers manager.

if he still has a liking fir the club and the fans great. I’m hoping there is a photo of him going bananas in the crowd when the goal went in

He clearly didn’t know he wasn’t cut out to do it. I’m sure Le Guen never knew either.

It’s all on the board, I don’t know why anyone would have anything against the guy personally. If he’d walked away and tried to bad mouth us or blame it on anyone else I could understand it, but he didn’t.

Le Guen also shat it and looked for a way out. Pedro tried his best but as has been said it just wasn’t good enough. No ill feelings towards him.

I wanted to like Pedro he was a good guy, but an abysmal manager. I called it after Progres and said we should change him then, it wasn't going to get an better and it didn't. Everyone was putting it down to new players not having gelled but it wasn't even as if it was an unlucky game.

My son and I call him "the donkey".

I still don't know what the board were thinking appointing him.

So we now cant ever be pissed off at managers, we should direct that anger to Craig Whyte?

We should be pissed off the people that appointed him went with such a risky appointment and wasted 10-15m of their own money and 18 months of our time and season ticket money.

A supporter can be disappointed with a manager's performance without resorting to personal abuse.

We all know Caixinha wasn’t the man for the job and was out his depth but the blame for that lies elsewhere, for me he was a decent enough guy who tried his best and stuck up for the club.

I’ve certainly no bad feelings towards him and it’s quite nice in a way to see him still following us.

Who knows who the arsehole in that video is but its a classless thing to shout. Obviously thought he was funny but it just comes across as sad.

Reactions: VGM
By all means a great coach and his training was of a very high standard. Too many foreign players at one time and a style of play that wasn’t going to suit.

Feel there’s a bit of rewriting history in favour of oor Pedro. Honestly I preferred Warburton (snake though he was at the end). Not that I bear either ill will.

He seemed like a nice guy etc but his main success seems to have come in Mexican football which is a completely different style to the Scottish game with far less emphasis on robust defending. He would probably make a great MLS coach.

Reactions: VGM
Good luck to him I have no axe to grind with him & it’s nice to see him back presumably supporting the club.

Fans shouting “Herrera is shite” at him are more than a bit embarrassing.

Yes the statement may be true, but carry yourself with more poise & dignity than that for goodness sake. It’s standards that our whole club were built upon after all.

The guy shouting about Herrera?! What is the point? I’d like to think I’d cherish any moment I saw (albeit through a fence) one of our ex-players / managers in the flesh. Some of our support dont exactly help themselves.
Not a guy who will go down as a great servant to our club, but he certainly gave it his all. Not his fault the board thought it appropriate to appoint a completely unknown from the Qatar league to manage a club the size of ours.

Good luck to you Pedro, and I hope you enjoyed tonight as much as we did!

The guy shouting about Herrera?! What is the point? I’d like to think I’d cherish any moment I saw (albeit through a fence) one of our ex-players / managers in the flesh. Some of our support dont exactly help themselves.
Not a guy who will go down as a great servant to our club, but he certainly gave it his all. Not his fault the board thought it appropriate to appoint a completely unknown from the Qatar league to manage a club the size of ours.

Good luck to you Pedro, and I hope you enjoyed tonight as much as we did!

The kind of appointment Hearts would make in mid 2000's. Just an all round bizarre period.

He does a terrific PowerPoint presentation though!

Good luck to him I have no axe to grind with him & it’s nice to see him back presumably supporting the club.

Fans shouting “Herrera is shite” at him are more than a bit embarrassing.

Yes the statement may be true, but carry yourself with more poise & dignity than that for goodness sake. It’s standards that our whole club were built upon after all.
Excellent post mate, standards and class that are sadly lacking in some of our support. Some of the stuff that has been published on social media in the last 12/18 hours is utterly embarrassing and these people need to take a long hard look at themselves.

I remember him being laughed at by Radio Shortbread as we were behind and he brought on a centre-half and they were all giggling about it. He went three at the back and turned the game around. Might have been Hamilton away, not sure. He also confronted Sutton after the match and was man enough to have his say to Sutton and shake everyone's hand at the end.

I remember him being laughed at by Radio Shortbread as we were behind and he brought on a centre-half and they were all giggling about it. He went three at the back and turned the game around. Might have been Hamilton away, not sure. He also confronted Sutton after the match and was man enough to have his say to Sutton and shake everyone's hand at the end.

BT's stunt that day should've saw the club refuse to deal with them until they apologised.

They deliberately had the interview in the gantry in order for Sutton to try make a cúnt out of Pedro on live TV. Currie's face said it all. He could hardly contain his glee. The whole thing was set up to humiliate our manager.

The bold Pedro handled Sutton superbly.

An absolute zoomed manager from start to finish. The amount of investment we gave him still sends shivers down my spine. After 6 games you knew he was a fraud.

A complete and utter car crash from start to finish, the board screwed that one up badly plus he was completely out of his depth.

Nothing personal against him as he seems nice enough but he really was terrible.

Back