Pedro Caixinha v Ange Postecoglu

Suttons been quiet, you couldnt pay the c*nt to get off the tv when Pedro was in charge.

He's been quiet from last season, but you're right he lead the charge in the media against Pedro.

Always having digs.

Won't say shit about Ange though.

I was just talking about this with a mate when I saw the stats in another thread. The way they went after Pedro and at times Morelos is very sinister- and I mean that in how they target the "foreigner who acts different" when things aren't going well.

I don't think anyone would defend Pedro's record or ability to manage us but some of the language used for both him and Morelos when it was at it's peak was most certainly disgraceful (if not racist).

Forgetting Caixinha oversaw the worst rangers performance v Celtic the season before this though so not really true in context. If we take 5 off the mentally challengeds at Christmas it’ll be a different story

Forgetting Caixinha oversaw the worst rangers performance v Celtic the season before this though so not really true in context. If we take 5 off the mentally challengeds at Christmas it’ll be a different story
If that does happen, news coverage in the Record and on Clyde will be given the same levity and scale as the Sept 11th attacks.

Spiers will be in full papist demagogue mode, and Jimmy Ping will crawl out of his dustbin to plead with the Scottish Government to give them state aid to recover.

While we've no taken Five off them, I can't remember the last time they won against us.

Pure freefall, and everyone's quiet, no where near the same level of pressure from the media.

It’s not really any sort of true comparison, Warburton inherited a shambles, Caxhina inherited a shambles, Gerrard inherited a shambles.

Angebell has spent nearly £20million bringing in 14 players but already had a squad of seasoned internationalists, around 16 still in his squad who were multiple league and cup winners at the start of the season, and not forgetting apparently they would have won the league last season too if fans were allowed in.

However if we are looking purely at first 7 matches (in the SPL) here is your comparisons,

Warburton D, W, W, D, L, D, L = 9 points

Caxhina W, D, D, W, W, L, W = 14 points

Gerrard D, W, D, L, W, W, L = 11 points

Angebell L, W, W, L, W, L, D = 10 points.

Caxhina only made it to 17 league games, so if you compare points total over 17 league games,

Warburton 32 points, Caxhina 32 points, Gerrard 34 points.

It will be surprising if Angebell gets to 17 league games. The fact we were pumped by Malmö, lost in the league away to Dundee Utd and drew at home to Motherwell has cut him some slack.

They have Leverkusen midweek then their next 4 league games are Aberdeen away, Motherwell away, St Johnstone home, Hibs away. i can’t see them getting 12 out of 12 from that.

The similarities between the two of them are quite striking.

Two unknown managers coming from lesser known leagues (Japan and Qatar), signing players they have worked with before (Kyogo and Pena, fair enough Kyogo looks far better than the bold Carlos) and for our Graham Dorrans they signed James McCarthy.

In short they are both idealists who may not actually be terrible managers but are totally unsuited to the SPFL and the strangely unique challenges it presents.

The one obvious difference so far is the treatment both received from the media in this country. Caixinha was jumped on almost immediately whilst Ange was the second coming between the Jablonec game and playing us at Ibrox. Defeat on Sunday may finally change that right enough.

Pedro was clueless, couldn’t string 3 wins in a row together, humiliated by Celtic, lost the home record vs Aberdeen, arguing behind a bush in Luxembourg.

I get the double standards but Pedro should never have been here, they can do whatever the %^*& they want

If he drops points in any of his next 4 games he will have a worse record than Pedro after the first round of match fixtures.

Pedro got 21 points from the 11 games. 6 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses

Celtic's next 4 games are Aberdeen (away), Motherwell (away), St. Johnstone (home) and Hibs (away). I somehow don't see him besting Pedro's record...

#To beat Warburton he'll need to get atleast 10 points from those 4 games. Warburton got 19 points from 11 games in his SPL season.

How many games had Le Guen managed before the papers started le chopometer?

Le Guen only lasted a total of 31 games, 23 in the league.

I still think it was an opportunity missed with PLG, folk forget he took over a team that finished Third in a two horse race ! We were still suffering from the years of overspending under Advocaat years. He had hardly spent a penny in comparison to previous managers.

We maybe weren’t getting results domestically but some of the football we were playing at times was a breath of fresh air, we were 6 unbeaten in Europe.

If we look at the comparison for the first 7 league games the table would look,

Caxhina 14 points
Le Guen 12 points
Gerrard 11 points
Angebell 10 points
Warburton 9 points.

Le Guen‘s problem was some of the players chucked it early doors when he tried to increase the level of professionalism around the club and increased focus on diet and fitness. Basically our Club captain downed tools when Monster Munch were removed from the players vending machines.

Look at how much focus we put on sports science these days.

I remember an interview with Danny Murphy when he talked about Gerrard Houllier going to Liverpool, the players including him thought they were fit but Houllier told him he was about a stone overweight, within months of new diet and training regime Murphy said he was transformed as a player and was levels above what he was before.

For what it’s worth Le Guen had 39 points after his 23 league games, Gerrard had 45 after his first 23.

For what it’s worth Le Guen had 39 points after his 23 league games, Gerrard had 45 after his first 23.
That's impressive to be honest.

While Le Guen was shite here, as others say it was a mix of players not wanting to change diets and be more professionall etc

Was a decent coach though, think that speaks well for Gerrard.

But yeah. The double standards in this country are appalling.

He's been quiet from last season, but you're right he lead the charge in the media against Pedro.

Always having digs.

Won't say shit about Ange though.
That will change when the Greek/Aussie fucks up again and again. He will wait until the clamour to get rid is overwhelming then jump on the bandwagon.

This really does show the toxic narrative the media in this country has toward foreign managers, or even just toward Rangers.

Ange has done worse, but the media push that he will be amazing, and come good.

Pedro was vilified and clueless.
Pedro "We have a saying in Portugal: ‘The dogs bark. And the caravan moves. The caravan goes on.’ So, that is what we are doing. We know what is going on in the surroundings – but we don’t care about that."

Ange ",We have a saying in Australia: When the dingo barks and you see a kangaroo doing the bouncy you know things are not going well and a change of scenery might be the answer- but why give a (4) xxxx when you get paid either way?"

By the way I'm not defending Pedro, but honestly the narrative in this country is so one-sided its unreal.

Do we combat it? Try and get more Rangers supporters into the actual mainstream media? The majority of pundits are all so anti Rangers.

Michael Stewart, Stephen Craigan, Chris Sutton etc, all of Sportscene, could go on and on.

It's all so biased against whatever we do.

Back