Pedro does know what he is doing

Until we actually win a few big games, I'd put the champagne on ice just yet. We saw a similar over-reaction after beating Hamilton Accies.

Personally, I remain unconvinced but I hope it works out for him and us. He has a massive 7-8 weeks coming up with a few fixtures that Rangers managers must do well in if they wish to be successful. We'll see.

At the start of the season i guess a lot of us where unsure but he has shown that he knows what he is doing, has bought some good players and we need to let him and the team breathe.

Yes we will drop points here and there but we are on the right course.
Premature, but yes it did look a lot better.

I do wonder whether fans are too quick to dismiss good old fashioned work on the training ground?

I thought that was evident last night.

Of course it is still early but I do think he is on the right path. What we saw was a much improved performance from Rangers defensively and against one of the top sides in the SPFL, that for me was a positive and if Rangers can defend more as a unit like that there's no reason we cannot go on a good run. For me the real test will be when Rangers play Aberdeen back to back.

I think there's some who will never forgive him for the Progres disaster or the 5-1 humiliation off the tims.

I'm just happy we're winning and playing reasonably well at the moment but there is still some questions over his tactical awareness and our defence.

We've some huge fixtures in November and December, we need to keep winning going into that. So far, so good.

As much as we all want him to succeed , we have to keep things in perspective .

Encouraging signs lat two outings.

We need a good run to really start to believe , in fact , it's crucial.

Encouraging signs yes, but sorry as I've previously said when lots of us were calling for his head, it's still too early to judge.

I said then that we need to give him until Christmas and I stand by this.

We defended well from corners but I felt until the boy got sent off that there wasn't much in the game
First half could have got football stopped.
Tend to agree .
16 corners conceded and no goals lost was an indication that perhaps we are tightening up at the back however I'm still not supportive of zonal marking.

The next 5/6 games are a massive test for Pedro and the players

We defended well from corners but I felt until the boy got sent off that there wasn't much in the game
First half could have got football stopped.
I usually watch the games again as my nerves when it's live cloud my judgement.

There wasn't a sustained period in that game where Rangers were not comfortable, and were mostly in control of the game, that wee flurry of corners aside.

I usually watch the games again as my nerves when it's live cloud my judgement.

There wasn't a sustained period in that game where Rangers were not comfortable, and were mostly in control of the game, that wee flurry of corners aside.
I was worried as you felt conceded so many corners would eventually lead to a goal.

Dorrans bursting a gut for his goal which really great to see.
We need to start having these diddy teams fear us again...go for the throat at 2 ni last night was just that

Encouraging signs yes, but sorry as I've previously said when lots of us were calling for his head, it's still too early to judge.

I said then that we need to give him until Christmas and I stand by this.

Anybody sensible suggested he needed time, anybody sensible knew there would and will be setbacks.

That's football when you've made major changes.

Still you need to factor the unique pressure at Rangers and the need to be showing your investment is delivering what it should and quickly.

If you are judging a manager then there's a raft of areas-man management, overall playing strategy, tactics, signings, media dealings and ability to change a game when required.

In nearly every area the manager has looked lacking and whilst there have been some good results and indeed progress as everyone is stating in the grand scheme of things it is no more than a good solid step forward.

When you dig a hole for yourself as Pedro has done then only sustained victories and good performances are going to get you out of it-and it's hard because the every time you slip back at Rangers the perception is you are not out of the hole. You really need to get out quick or you never will.

It's not complicated from now on he needs to show we are the 2nd best team in Scotland-considering the investment he should be able to do that and that is taking into account the setbacks that are inevitable as the OP mentions-that should level out because the Aberdeens of the world will surely drop points also...

I think Pedros methods and tactics have taken time for all the players to grasp. Couple that with the introduction of 9 new players so yes he is starting to get things right. Also starting to omit the remnants of players from the Warburton and Mccoist teams appear to also be beneficial to our play.

The squad does still need a few more players for replacements for the likes of Miller, Kranjcar and good left winger. Imagine we had a Candieas on the left and two international class replacememts for Miller and Kranjcar.

There was no question the sending off would change things, but even before then Rangers had the opportunity to hurt them and were threatening St. Johnstone down the left. It was a cross from Tav and Peña's header that killed it, again when they had 10 men on the park St. Johnstone didn't look that comfortable when the ball was played in, I reckon he would have still scored that had they had 11 men on the park. Nonetheless, we got the 3 points and that is all that really matters. Hopefully Aberdeen and Celtic end up dropping a couple more points and we'll be right back in there.

I think Pedros methods and tactics have taken time for all the players to grasp. Couple that with the introduction of 9 new players so yes he is starting to get things right. Also starting to omit the remnants of players from the Warburton and Mccoist teams appear to also be beneficial to our play.

The squad does still need a few more players for replacements for the likes of Miller, Kranjcar and good left winger. Imagine we had a Candieas on the left and two international class replacememts for Miller and Kranjcar.

I am still worried about the central defence and the defence in general. A clean sheet is important but we were getting peppered at times and a better team or St J on a better night would have scored with the pressure on our box.

I think we've got a lot of hurdles to jump before we can suggest that it just needs better quality players in that system. That's obvious. You buy enough better players then systems diminish in importance-and to be frank overall the manager has invested in players for a system he abandoned after the European exit and preseason games-it's a key point if you want to argue he knew what he was doing-you can give him kudos for changing but you can't send the players back.

I am still worried about the central defence and the defence in general. A clean sheet is important but we were getting peppered at times and a better team or St J on a better night would have scored with the pressure on our box.

I think we've got a lot of hurdles to jump before we can suggest that it just needs better quality players in that system. That's obvious. You buy enough better players then systems diminish in importance-and to be frank overall the manager has invested in players for a system he abandoned after the European exit and preseason games-it's a key point if you want to argue he knew what he was doing-you can give him kudos for changing but you can't send the players back.
Always get rhe euro exit in when you cant dont you ?

The fight and togetherness was there for all to see last night.

The football still left a lot to be desired.

This counter-attacking / transitioning style we've adopted needs to be successful because it's far from pretty: Get it up the park quickly, get it wide, throw some crosses in.

It reminds me of IRA FC under Wibble.

Always get rhe euro exit in when you cant dont you ?

When was the last time I mentioned it?

It's a reality Pedro put his preferred system in the bin. So if he knew what he was doing then I'd suggest that's strong evidence he actually didn't know what he was doing. And remember he had several months in Scotland playing at the sharp end to arrive at that plan.

It strikes me as very obvious that Pedro had a style his whole career based on counter attacking and that he has never managed a team that effectively required to win every game. That gap has been obvious from the first serious test he faced. It's been a factor of his team's style at Rangers that we are often prepared to give possession up.

Do I see improvement? Yes I do but I don't think we needed a manager who was learning as he went.

The fight and togetherness was there for all to see last night.

The football still left a lot to be desired.

This counter-attacking / transitioning style we've adopted needs to be successful because it's far from pretty: Get it up the park quickly, get it wide, throw some crosses in.

It reminds me of IRA FC under Wibble.
maybe we should just worry about winning the now rather than the style.

They had 16 corners but only one proper chance. The work on the defence over the break worked well.

We had the majority of possession and chances. The three goals, Pena's one that went by the post, Morelos' one on one and Dorrans hitting the bar.

The fact that the defensive work on the training ground led to a clean sheet last night, says he does know what to do, and if they can keep the defending up to scratch, we have a good chance to go on a title winning run!!

The next two months will tell us a lot about Pedro Caixinha and his managerial abilities.

Two good wins after a garbage start to the season. Long may it continue.

At the start of the season i guess a lot of us where unsure but he has shown that he knows what he is doing, has bought some good players and we need to let him and the team breathe.

Yes we will drop points here and there but we are on the right course.

I said as much on another thread. He has identified issues and worked towards improving them one at a time. Hopefully we can build on this and get stronger as the season goes on.

The next two months will tell us a lot about Pedro Caixinha and his managerial abilities.
Two good wins after a garbage start to the season. Long may it continue.
We could face the filth and Aberdeen twice at the end of next month before a torturous December fixture list..

We need points on the board in the next 6 weeks.

You can see Dylan at his seat in the Govan. He's the guy with his own little dark cloud above his head.

We could face the filth and Aberdeen twice at the end of next month before a torturous December fixture list..

We need points on the board in the next 6 weeks.

We've got Tynecastle, well Murrayfield, in a few weeks. That won't be easy although I fancy us to go there and win. A neutral venue.

I'm at the stage where it's one game at a time. If I get ahead of myself I'm just going to disappointed. Caixinha has to show he can put wins together.

We've got Tynecastle, well Murrayfield, in a few weeks. That won't be easy although I fancy us to go there and win. A neutral venue.

I'm at the stage where it's one game at a time. If I get ahead of myself I'm just going to disappointed. Caixinha has to show he can put wins together.
Aberdeen surprised me today, thats a real ballsy win.

We simply need to beat Motherwell, Killie and Hearts in the next few weeks

I think pedro is doing well now and is a huge improvement from last year

I think th players are playing for him as well

I think we will do well this season

I thought he should have been sacked after euro disaster but glad he wasn't as i love the guy and so want him to succeed. Also team are fighting harder for each other without Miller in there.

I'll hold off saying he knows what he's doing till he wins three games in a row, then we'll see how he gets on in a double header v the Sheep

Aberdeen vs bheggars in the next game so some thing has to give.

It's really too tempting to look at other results just now (I am as guilty as anyone else for this). However, there is nothing domestically that isn't in our own hands so I have decided not to bother about this until something is out of our hands and we need some 'help' from elsewhere.

We really are on our own next Sunday but I expect we will all be looking forward to a national final again come late Sunday afternoon.

I have no doubt Pedro knows what he is doing (it's getting the current crop of players to carry it out to the very best of their ability that he needs to succeed with).

It can only be a hunch at this stage but I think this manager will be here for some considerable time to come.

I'm more convinced the more I see us is that what we need before fullbacks and center half is a big scary box to box ball winning midfield player . Dorrans, Jack, Penna , with a real hard driving midfield enforcer would make us a decent team. At the moment we still don't control games enough in midfield due to a lack of a real ball winning midfield player.

It's really too tempting to look at other results just now (I am as guilty as anyone else for this). However, there is nothing domestically that isn't in our own hands so I have decided not to bother about this until something is out of our hands and we need some 'help' from elsewhere.

We really are on our own next Sunday but I expect we will all be looking forward to a national final again come late Sunday afternoon.

I have no doubt Pedro knows what he is doing (it's getting the current crop of players to carry it out to the very best of their ability that he needs to succeed with).

It can only be a hunch at this stage but I think this manager will be here for some considerable time to come.
He wins that cup and it will guarantee him another year and a few quid in January I'd guess.

He beats the Yahoos or Hibs in the final and it's a successful season imo

I'm more convinced the more I see us is that what we need before fullbacks and center half is a big scary box to box ball winning midfield player . Dorrans, Jack, Penna , with a real hard driving midfield enforcer would make us a decent team. At the moment we still don't control games enough in midfield due to a lack of a real ball winning midfield player.
We do need a 6ft plus box to box guy with loads of energy. We lack a physical presence in the middle who can play a little

He beats the Yahoos or Hibs in the final and it's a successful season imo

Won't be easy if it is the filth but us reaching the final is now an expectation. Hibs have a chance in their semi-final and if it is them then the expectation will be we should win it.

Being honest, I’d have binned him after the last Celtic defeat. But that might have been a mistake as thingslook to be improving and the team starting to gel.

I hope he succeeds and really hope we’ve turned a corner.

Seems a good guy.

Back