Pedro Has Gone In On The Players

The amount of denial regarding Pedro's ability is remarkable.

I can only assume people don't want to face the consequences of starting again or the fact the rebuilding job is looking at being reset to a large extent.

In any defence of the manager I've read you don't see a defence of how the money was spent nor his tactical ability including changing a game etc?

We have never had an answer to what it is exactly he is good at? Being passionate? Talking a good game?

This is a man who constantly highlights the threats we face from the opposition and yet never delivers anything to counter it....he basically explained before the game how Motherwell could beat us and then watched it unfold.

I started a pros of Caixinha thread yesterday. No surprise that there weren’t any pros for keeping him.

Rodgers took a team who had their pants pulled down in a Semi against us under Warburton, a Rangers side a division below, then added three new players and are now on some mad 60 game unbeaten run.

He HAS overhauled this squad and it's even worse than the utter garbage we watched last season.
I think Pedro's time is near an end but I disagree we're in worse shape than last season

We were debating the pros and cons of keeping him just weeks into the job last season, and we’ve been doing it regularly ever since.

There’s a reason for that.

I was prepared to write off last season under Caixinha - wasn’t judging him with some one else’s squad as the majority of players needed binned. Fresh start in the summer and it’s been nothing but failure. Look at the state of our results, performances and our squad.

I was prepared to write off last season under Caixinha - wasn’t judging him with some one else’s squad as the majority of players needed binned. Fresh start in the summer and it’s been nothing but failure. Look at the state of our results, performances and our squad.

I was the same, but deep down I think I always knew it was going to pan out this way.

Caixinha slated the players who played in the Semi Final during the presser then said five minutes later he will play the EXACT SAME starting eleven if they are fit.
2h80h2a.jpg

Literally mental.

I believe you're at the point where you don't even want to try and see things in context re: Pedro anymore.

He said the players embarrassed themselves the other day and he's basically putting them to the test on Wednesday. He's putting the pressure on them to go out and prove themselves. Can you tell me what's wrong with that approach?

Most worrying thing for me was bringing on Nemane yesterday - bringing on a guy who's only played about 20 mins of pro football at such an important turning point in the match. That's got nothing to do with poor referees etc... it's poor judgement. I really hope he turns it round starting Wednesday but I doubt much will change over next few games.

Most worrying thing for me was bringing on Nemane yesterday - bringing on a guy who's only played about 20 mins of pro football at such an important turning point in the match. That's got nothing to do with poor referees etc... it's poor judgement. I really hope he turns it round starting Wednesday but I doubt much will change over next few games.
Said the same yesterday, we should have brought Holt on or Herrera.

he's finished

yesterday he accepted responsibility

now the players are an embarrassment??

bagwash made him look like a retard

It’s not like he hasn’t had opportunities to give Nemane game time - he has - but to throw him into a situation like that hoping he’ll turn things around was ridiculous.

We were debating the pros and cons of keeping him just weeks into the job last season, and we’ve been doing it regularly ever since.

There’s a reason for that.

I said after his first match that I didn't think he'd last 'til Christmas.
By the end of last season I said he'd be gone by Halloween.
After Progres I thought his time was up before the Glasgow Fair.

To be fair he's lasted longer than I expected....

Just watched the 20 min interview, no wonder we havent put it out as its a pile of shite. Contradicts himself, slaughters players, the countries football setup, referees, scottish players etc etc. We would probably be hailed into the sfa if the actual club put this out.

I believe you're at the point where you don't even want to try and see things in context re: Pedro anymore.

He said the players embarrassed themselves the other day and he's basically putting them to the test on Wednesday. He's putting the pressure on them to go out and prove themselves. Can you tell me what's wrong with that approach?

Certain players don’t deserve a start; Alnwick, Pena and Windass to name a few.

Why would you play Alnwick when you’ve got Foderingham?

Just watched the 20 min interview, no wonder we havent put it out as its a pile of shite. Contradicts himself, slaughters players, the countries football setup, referees, scottish players etc etc. We would probably be hailed into the sfa if the actual club put this out.

Watched it too and have to agree, it’s mostly a pile of shite spoken.

Do you think it's wise to put pressure on players who are clearly struggling? Is it wise to announce your team a full 3 days before the match?

Do you think it's wise to put pressure on players who are clearly struggling? Is it wise to announce your team a full 3 days before the match?

The team that played yesterday wouldn’t be starting any way. Alnwick and Cardoso are injured.

Other than that, we have very few options so it’s pretty much the team we’d be going with - a real lack of options.

The team that played yesterday wouldn’t be starting any way. Alnwick and Cardoso are injured.

Other than that, we have very few options so it’s pretty much the team we’d be going with - a real lack of options.
Fair enough we have limited options in defence. But in other areas we have options. Why announce 3days before the match your fielding the same team?

Even if he somehow manages a win on Wednesday then he still needs to go. The new manager would only be 4 points off 2nd and try salvage this already flagging season

Reactions: R-M

Well that's what we'll see on Wednesday. Pedro has thrown down the challenge to those players from yesterday to see whether they've got anything about them and to see if they'll step up to the plate or not.

Well that's what we'll see on Wednesday. Pedro has thrown down the challenge to those players from yesterday to see whether they've got anything about them and to see if they'll step up to the plate or not.
Sorry mate but that's crazy. He has slaughtered them by all accounts. Do you honestly believe it has a positive effect doing this publicly?

It does make the shambles of

Let's assess that match properly.

We drew with them and rode our luck ridiculously. They were missing open goals and Wes had numerous top drawer saves.

Then Rodgers inherited a team who were in the midst of 5 league wins on the bounce. Their squad knew how to win leagues and have the quality of player and squad required to do so.

What Caixinha is charged with isn't even close to what Rodgers was. Rodgers remit from their fans, continue winning. Caixinha remit from our fans, end 6 league titles in a row right now.

It's just not the same start point at all.
But he did set them up, get them playing and transform them with the addition of a few players. Nobody’s saying Pedro should be on a run of 20 unbeaten games but he should be going more than 2. The direct comparison is managerial ability not player quality.

Rodgers took a team who had their pants pulled down in a Semi against us under Warburton, a Rangers side a division below, then added three new players and are now on some mad 60 game unbeaten run.

He HAS overhauled this squad and it's even worse than the utter garbage we watched last season.

He also inherited a title-winning side worth more than ours in every position.

And has signed his fair share of shite too. The African boy who came from the Russian club being one.

Beating a god awful Kilmarnock side at Ibrox proves nothing.

Thrown down the challenge ffs

He also inherited a title-winning side worth more than ours in every position.

And has signed his fair share of shite too. The African boy who came from the Russian club being one.
At Liverpool he signed lots of shite, and I say that as someone whose English side is Liverpool and so watched them a lot when he was there. His title challenge was based mainly around players he didn’t sign, especially Suarez.

With them Sinclair and Dembele were the key last season. But he did drag up guys like Brown and Armstrong.

All that said, a messiah he is not. Too many teams raise their game versus us and crap out of getting stuck into them properly. They get an easy ride time and again.

Disappointed the press conference is not on YouTube as usually the reality is different from the editorial and I like to judge for myself

Attacking players only ends one way ,he bought the players ,they are his players ,it’s on him .

Absolutely no chance we will beat dolly twice next month

Rant is very telling. His players, his tactics and its all went horribly wrong. Miller fiasco to top it all off.

If he doesn't record at least one win out the two games against dolly then he's gone...if he even survives until then!

Last edited:
You're right he should be sacked because of incompetent referees.

The refereeing is awful, I don’t think anyone would dispute that.

However we can’t pretend it’s just because of poor decisions we haven’t won three games in a row under Pedro. The improvement this season has been minimal despite decent investment, and he has failed every big test since arriving.

Nice guy, but was always a left field appointment that sadly hasn’t worked out.

Yeah mate he is a dead man walking.

For me it shouldn't come to just one single result but it looks like if we fail to win against Kilmarnock he will go.

I think we will see this narrative become more obvious in the lead up to the game from the likes of Andy Devlin/Chris Jack.
Away and have a good hard sh3te, what a feckin bore you are.

Having to buy a new team was absolutely ludicrous. When does a new manager get or have to buy a new team? It also gave excuse after excuse as long as any existing player was near the team. His man management appears to be shocking too. I’d be surprised if anybody downed tools or got worse when he’s gone.

Does the name Souness or Advocaat ring a bell with you?

Koeman has gone from Everton.

He'd be on a small fortune but would be the type of manager we should be going for if we are to challenge for the title.

Not good enough for historical underachievers Everton but mysteriously good enough for the World's most successful club. Aye right....never mind the cost. We have so many posters on FF who live in LaLa Land who don't seem to grasp that we have no cash for all these crazy suggestions.

Back