Pedro Has Gone In On The Players

I urge you all, regardless of your opinion on Pedro, to try and find the time to watch the press conference.

The media "highlights" aren't reflective of his overall point at all. Even if you feel he's not the man for the job, I don't see how you can argue against asking for the players to show a reaction, the media coverage of Scottish Football being ridiculous, or the fact that Scottish football is stuck in the dark ages.

There's nothing hugely sensational or controversial about what he says.

On way back from holiday and not had the chance to catch up on the presser yet but he's just leaving himself open to ridicule slating Scottish Football when he can't get a run of results in it and he's a journeyman manager who's never achieved much in his career and managed in footballing backwaters. He can't talk about needing men and warriors etc then complain about Scottish Football being too physical.

This is the same Pedro story playing out as before at Laguna. Fighting with everyone in general and falling out with the players and media.

He'll resign or there will be a mutual parting of ways shortly.

perhaps people might expect me to say this but I don't see a lot wrong with that. The players will have said similar things (Alnwick certainly did after the game) and telling them all, as a group, they failed yesterday isn't "throwing them under the bus". If he said it about individuals, that's a different matter.

Unfortunately though, the die is being cast on Pedro. He's a story now and blood is in the water. I can't honestly say that isn't partially his own fault.

Notice how the reporter picks up on it straight away and frames the narrative "that's a strong thing to say, what if the players react badly".

Imagine another manager says "the players let themselves and the club down", it just passes without comment. You don't have to imagine it, it happens every bloody week.

Some things should be kept in house. I'm struggling to think of any other Rangers manager who slated the players in such a public manner the way Pedro has.

Some things should be kept in house. I'm struggling to think of any other Rangers manager who slated the players in such a public manner the way Pedro has.

The players have slated themselves in the mhedia and said its their fault for sunday and not to blame the manager. There are so many that are totally ignoring this fact all because they cant stop slating Pedro.

Next 4 games we really need to be getting 10 points from if we are going to have a decent season, a defeat at home to Killie followed by a bad result at Hearts would be too much imo

For me Pedro got it really wrong on Sunday both with his starting 11 and his first sub. Yes Pena scored 2 against St Johnstone but he was never going to be what was needed on Sunday, Holt should of played for his ability to keep the ball moving and also because he offers far far more running than Pena, for me that is Pedro's biggest downfall he can't set up a team differently to help combat the opposition. their three in midfield totally run all over us later in the game, moving Windass in there made it worse also.

Next 4 games we really need to be getting 10 points from if we are going to have a decent season, a defeat at home to Killie followed by a bad result at Hearts would be too much imo

I feel like I've heard this all through this season after Progres we need to start the season well we didn't then it's oh the next 5 games are huge we fail and so on his time is up we all know it the board need to remove him while there is still a season to salvage.

So you think he's doing a great job then?

And tell me this, what gives you the right to label fellow bears that are quite correctly concerned with the performance of the manager and team as "mentally challenged scum". That's something you should get leathered for, keyboard warrior right enough.

I'd love to be able to say Pedro hasn't won 4 in a row, it would mean we are improving. I don't see it happening anytime soon right enough just like a lot of bears I've talked to since Sunday. But hey, I forgot we're just part of the thick and retarded herd.

We really should be bowing down to you with you're superior intellect and knowledge. You'll be telling us next that Pedro is the man to lead us to glory. All he needs is another 6 transfer windows and £75 million.

Well done on getting it so spectacularly wrong

Point 1- yeah, you either think Pedro must go or Pedro us doing great. There are no shades of grey

Point 2 - you really think I’m calling bears mentally challenged scum? You don’t think I might be referring to the many mentally challengeds who post on here to stir sh*t?

Point 3 - how many bears were delighted at the 2 previous games only to change their opinion completely after we got kicked& elbowed out of the cup? Herd mentality

Point 4 - I’m just a fan who doesn’t over react to every bump on this long road.
I think too many on here are way too reactionary. That’s all.

Thanks for getting offended on behalf of everyone

Skimming through this thread and the lame excuses/reasons given on here have all the hallmarks of the McCoist era.

Unsure if it's coincidence or the FF cycle.

Whatever anyone's views on Pedro are (pro/con) he doesn't deserve any criticism for that press conference. It was absolutely spot on in every aspect (Managerial responsibility, player responsibility, big game attitude, refereeing, Scottish football in general etc....).

Whatever anyone's views on Pedro are (pro/con) he doesn't deserve any criticism for that press conference. It was absolutely spot on in every aspect (Managerial responsibility, player responsibility, big game attitude, refereeing, Scottish football in general etc....).

Spot on. It's simply being jumped on, twisted and deliberately misconstrued by folk who want to beat him with a stick. To be expected from Rangers haters, but our own support should be wiser than that, regardless of whether believing his time is up or not.

But but but- can't you read the OP's header???????

In addition Brazil was talking about 3 EPL managers that all had a go at their players and said more should do it!!

Well done on getting it so spectacularly wrong

Point 1- yeah, you either think Pedro must go or Pedro us doing great. There are no shades of grey

Point 2 - you really think I’m calling bears mentally challenged scum? You don’t think I might be referring to the many mentally challengeds who post on here to stir sh*t?

Point 3 - how many bears were delighted at the 2 previous games only to change their opinion completely after we got kicked& elbowed out of the cup? Herd mentality

Point 4 - I’m just a fan who doesn’t over react to every bump on this long road.
I think too many on here are way too reactionary. That’s all.

Thanks for getting offended on behalf of everyone

No need to thank me, I just get pissed off with posts that take a blanket view that if you think the manager is poor then you're a Pedro hater that can't think for yourself.

I was totally against Pedro's appointment from the start. There was no logic at all behind it and it was not the time to gamble with an unknown.

So far, this season has panned out pretty much as I expected. I take no pleasure from saying that and I'm not saying it in an "I told you so" manner.

Can I also say that I'm not hoping for a Kilmarnock win on Wednesday so Pedro will get his jotters. I just want Rangers to win, regardless of who's in charge.

Even though I was against Pedro getting the gig I would have been as happy as a sand boy had results been different.

I was not expecting to win the league but a strong second place and a wee European run wasn't too much to ask.

I realise that a strong second place is still possible but would you bet you're hard earned on it?

This thread could have been written last season but for MW instead of Pedro. Think of the FF board after the doing by Hearts, some were still for MW, some against.

We are at that stage again I feel. A poor result tomorrow and the calls for Pedro's head will get louder, a win and we stumble on. I honestly don't think the manager is up to the task and it's only a matter of time.

I'm saying this because it's my opinion not because another load of guys are saying it. If people have a different view then that's fine, it's what life's all about. I just hate posts where people are talked down to because they have a different opinion.

@punksnotdead

Understood mate, good post
I get annoyed at the posts that just jump on the negative theme or catchphrase of the day.

Considered criticism & concerns can be a great read, but you have to wade through some amount of mince to get to it sometimes

Well aware we all just want the best for the club

I agree with a lot of what you say normally but, for me, the 100% conviction you now have can only be based on two flawed criteria:

1. We went into the season expecting to win something. I don’t think that was the consensus at all. We largely said “competitive, in touch in the league and do well in a cup, maybe win one”. I don’t think that is reinventing history but correct me if I’m wrong.

2. The team isn’t improving. Yes we are stuttering but the trend is upwards. Maybe there’s too many hiccups for some but the point you and I both reached with Warburton at Tynecastle, by the sounds of it, was after 16 months of flatlining, mistakes never being addressed and widespread faith in players who were a class or two below. It was the last of a long countdown of straws. Do you really think that’s where we are with Pedro?

An objective judgment on Pedro, the scale of the task and the time he’s had to carry it out simply can’t result in 100% conviction he should go. I expect it of the knee jerks on here, but I’m surprised at you.

I’m probably 60/40 in favour of Pedro, for the record

You simply have to draw the line somewhere. I can’t continue to offer him my backing after every high profile blunder, eventually you have to be realistic and acknowledge that’s it not happening and it ain’t going to happen.

2-0 against Motherwell in a cup semi, complete with another sideshow involving the coach himself is just not good enough and it’s not worth it.

You might think the trend is upwards, but that trendline has an incredibly shallow slope because there’s not been no significant improvement, and for the money spent over the summer, there absolutely should be.

I do my best to make my mind up based on what’s happening now and what has happened previously so of course I’ll change my mind accordingly. Far too many jump into the pro-pedro and anti-Pedro camps early doors with a view to standing their ground defiantly regardless of results or the goings on from within the club.

You simply have to draw the line somewhere. I can’t continue to offer him my backing after every high profile blunder, eventually you have to be realistic and acknowledge that’s it not happening and it ain’t going to happen.

2-0 against Motherwell in a cup semi, complete with another sideshow involving the coach himself is just not good enough and it’s not worth it.

You might think the trend is upwards, but that trendline has an incredibly shallow slope because there’s not been no significant improvement, and for the money spent over the summer, there absolutely should be.

I do my best to make my mind up based on what’s happening now and what has happened previously so of course I’ll change my mind accordingly. Far too many jump into the pro-pedro and anti-Pedro camps early doors with a view to standing their ground defiantly regardless of results or the goings on from within the club.

Completely agree with the last point. I’ll not argue in favour of Pedro for ever, through anything, but I fear the line is being drawn to early and for understandably emotional reasons

I feel like I've heard this all through this season after Progres we need to start the season well we didn't then it's oh the next 5 games are huge we fail and so on his time is up we all know it the board need to remove him while there is still a season to salvage.

You were starting to believe before the weekend! How much do you think you would have bought in if we won? (genuine question). I reckon the majority of fans would have been back on side – that shows how much it's in the balance.

It's a tough situation because it's not black and white. I think most can see that there is improvement and some things are good, but it's just not translating to what really matters so it leaves conflicting views on what we're seeing. It leaves you with the strange feeling of constantly just being a step away from clicking.

You were starting to believe before the weekend! How much do you think you would have bought in if we won? (genuine question). I reckon the majority of fans would have been back on side – that shows how much it's in the balance.

It's a tough situation because it's not black and white. I think most can see that there is improvement and some things are good, but it's just not translating to what really matters so it leaves conflicting views on what we're seeing. It leaves you with the strange feeling of constantly just being a step away from clicking.

I’ve already said I’m fickle if we start winning then I’m happy but every time you start to think we have turned a corner bang another hammer blow and they are huge hammer blows at that.

If we win the next ten games I will be delighted but can you see it?

Inconsistency in a team is consistent. There needs to be player changes for results to improve.

Yes will still be there on Wednesday night,but am looking for a reaction,still back the manager,but the players owe him and our support big time.

For me Pedro got it really wrong on Sunday both with his starting 11 and his first sub. Yes Pena scored 2 against St Johnstone but he was never going to be what was needed on Sunday, Holt should of played for his ability to keep the ball moving and also because he offers far far more running than Pena, for me that is Pedro's biggest downfall he can't set up a team differently to help combat the opposition. their three in midfield totally run all over us later in the game, moving Windass in there made it worse also.

How can you drop a guy who's just scored 2 goals a couple of days previously?

Interesting that the more Jason Holt is on the bench, the better he becomes.

different players suit different games, to be a good manager you have adapt.

I'd argue the majority on here didn't even want him kept as a squad player last season now people want him to be a starter. I really like his energy at times but other than that he offers little else. If we are looking for Holt to come in and improve us then maybe we aren't moving forward at all.

Back