Pedro hounded by Clyde reporter

Blastie Bear

I know there is a similar thread about Pedro reportedly laughing in a restaurant (according to Clyde), however did anyone hear the 6pm Clyde news last night? The reporter chasing Pedro down the street harassing the man. It actually made me sad listening to it.
The press in this country should be ashamed of themselves. As I have previously said on another thread, no other manager in the history of Scottish football has been treated with such disrespect. Warburton got it bad in spells, but Pedro got it every day from these clowns.
I really hope he comes out and goes to town with his thoughts of the press.

The club and our next manager really need to get a grip of these ar5eholes. they see Rangers as an easy target and this needs to end.

I know there is a similar thread about Pedro reportedly laughing in a restaurant (according to Clyde), however did anyone hear the 6pm Clyde news last night? The reporter chasing Pedro down the street harassing the man. It actually made me sad listening to it.
The press in this country should be ashamed of themselves. As I have previously said on another thread, no other manager in the history of Scottish football has been treated with such disrespect. Warburton got it bad in spells, but Pedro got it every day from these clowns.

The club and our next manager really need to get a grip of these ar5eholes. they see Rangers as an easy target and this needs to end.

I agree, I see the headline form the Daily rebel is "CAXED" and the Sun is "Pedro Cashina" this really grates on me, and I am sure other bears, it's about time the club stepped up and protected our managers more.

https://stv.tv/news/scotland/1400870-news-stand-rangers-sack-manager-gender-pay-gap-grows/

Last edited:
Heard it on the radio and thought it was shocking behaviour when the man has just lost his job. These clowns couldn’t give a %^*& though and would do anything for a “scoop”

It really is simple. We don’t speak to the media. Ever.

Rangers news, rangers tv, rangers Facebook, rangers twitter, rangers YouTube. Almost every fan if not all have access to one of our outlets. So why do we care about engaging with the media. Their target audience is Celtic fans. Screw them.

Saddest thing for me about Pedro leaving is that these cants have won, and they will be loving it.

A good guy came here to give his best and he was hounded and ridiculed for it.

Despicable.
Totally agree. If the worse result in Europe for us wasnt the reason for pedro to be sacked then why sack him now? He should have been given until the rest of the season or even at least until after xmas. The scum loving mhedia whores are all celebrating today.

Saddest thing for me about Pedro leaving is that these cants have won, and they will be loving it.

A good guy came here to give his best and he was hounded and ridiculed for it.

Despicable.

Where does the good guy thing come from?

Honestly see it popping up the whole time im struggling to think of the good things that he did/said that came to any fruition.

Is it the green boots thing?

The fact the reporter did it, I can sort of understand. But when Pedro wasn’t talking- he said a few things in Portuguese (I’m assuming ‘%^*& off mate’) they shouldn’t have put it out on air.

Very embarrassing for them really.

Honestly see it popping up the whole time im struggling to think of the good things that he did/said that came to any fruition.

No it certainly isn't the green boots thing.

In every press conference I saw of Pedro, he was very respectful of the media despite what he was getting in return. He was professional and he wanted to talk about football and our great club.

On this forum alone you have numerous accounts of posters saying what a gent he was when meeting him and how great he was with kids etc. A fantastic ambassador in short.

Of course he was a good guy. He was exemplary in how he held himself despite the shit he took.

Totally agree. If the worse result in Europe for us wasnt the reason for pedro to be sacked then why sack him now? He should have been given until the rest of the season or even at least until after xmas. The scum loving mhedia whores are all celebrating today.
Would it have made a difference giving him till christmas or the rest of the seasson .to be honest mate more than likely not.poor pedro was simply out of his depth.he did his best but it was simply to big a job for him.

The media’s attitude towards Warburton and Caixinha, two “outsiders” as you were ...... has been nothing short of a disgrace.

You could see it in both managers at the end, absolutely pig sick of trying to be courteous to these people, when all they got in return was xenophobic nonsense flung in their direction.

And some of our so-called Rangers men in the media, ought to look at themselves in the mirror too.

Just came back after a ban because I said Pena was S***e perhaps I was a tad harsh but I don't think I lie very well he's had plenty of time to settle IMHO. so whatever , now Pedro is gone what a sad country we have the guy was passionate and got slaughtered because he wanted to do his best and change things ....BUT NOT IN THE REPUBLIC OF SCHOTLAND where the rabids and their cohorts have it sown up, in an even ,fair , and balanced world he would have done ok. but not with refs shit scared and guys like Tony MhankGlennan in place , Fare, Nil by Mouth SNP. councillors ,SFA the Mhank Media they must have thought "Caramba Corruption by Cath@lics"
He now knows that Football in Scotland is corrupt , the mhedia, the administrators everyone except us was dead against him and the club , I wish him the best for the future the job was too big for him we now need a great dirty smart devious bastard with connections to pull us through these times.

There has been an undeniable hint of racism in the way Pedro has been treated by the press and by people associated with other clubs. It’s sad and sums up modern day Scotland unfortunately

Just came back after a ban because I said Pena was S***e perhaps I was a tad harsh but I don't think I lie very well he's had plenty of time to settle IMHO. so whatever , now Pedro is gone what a sad country we have the guy was passionate and got slaughtered because he wanted to do his best and change things ....BUT NOT IN THE REPUBLIC OF SCHOTLAND where the rabids and their cohorts have it sown up, in an even ,fair , and balanced world he would have done ok. but not with refs shit scared and guys like Tony MhankGlennan in place , Fare, Nil by Mouth SNP. councillors ,SFA the Mhank Media they must have thought "Caramba Corruption by Cath@lics"
He now knows that Football in Scotland is corrupt , the mhedia, the administrators everyone except us was dead against him and the club , I wish him the best for the future the job was too big for him we now need a great dirty smart devious bastard with connections to pull us through these times.
Nail on head

Would have pleased me had he just turned round and dropped the brains on the reporter. That's what they deserve after their treatment of Pedro.

Was this the incident where they went to an "exclusive" of cornering him in a coffee shop, and getting nothing out of him except some Portugese? Fucking disgraceful gutter journalism.

Rangers news, rangers tv, rangers Facebook, rangers twitter, rangers YouTube. Almost every fan if not all have access to one of our outlets. So why do we care about engaging with the media. Their target audience is Celtic fans. Screw them.

Best post I have read today, well said.

The old TV show Spitting Image had the fannies of the media to a tee, they portrayed them as little pigs dressed in trenchcoats and running around with Press passes stuck in their trilby hats.

Heard it on the radio and thought it was shocking behaviour when the man has just lost his job. These clowns couldn’t give a %^*& though and would do anything for a “scoop”
They are sick in the head,no better than the papperazzi that followed Diana,and now they are vultures picking over the bones,what editor would give the go ahead for that carry on,insane.

Bunch of racists, the guy was doing his best in a foreign language and didn`t get it right all the time. How would our so called radio and TV experts manage speaking Portuguese. Bunch of knuckle draggers.

The bottom line is the modern day journalist are spoilt kids that don’t have any morals, in there small minded world anything goes until it comes on their own door step, then your acting against their civil liberties.

There is no doubt the popular press in Scotland is racist in a way that few Western countries would allow
The whole "let's laugh at the funny foreigner routine" is a major embarrassment for all right thinking individuals
That the record today claimed Pedro was xenophobic because he pointed out how he was being treated is incredibly ironic
Whatever your views on him as a manager he was clearly a decent, thoughtful and intelligent guy
He will leave Scotland with a very bad impression of the country
I am far from being a PC guy but it really is time the press was called to account and required to move away from the treatment of foreigners that stopped being acceptable in the 50's

The fact the Board do not come out and defend the manager, our players and the support does them no favours whatsoever, it could prove an issue in any recruitment process down the line, let’s be honest if your not a supporter of the club and playing for Rangers is the be all and end all you’d be well aware they would hang you out to dry or leave you to fight your own corner.

So you get banned for calling Pena shit, and your first post back you effectively call him shit again. Good move. :):)

Hounded to the end, no surprise really. Will be interesting to see what sort of shyte the next guy will get and if the club actually try and back him up this time, something the failure to do with Pedro.

Mr Wallace or Mr Waddel would have had their guts for garters , instead of appeasing the gutter press , I hope our next manager treats them with disdain as they deserve no respect .

Green boots would do for starters. Telling them how shyte football is in this country, how phuckin wank the refrees are and the style of football borders on rugby. (except you get less broken noses)

who, let's face it, follow all of our media channels anyway

Back