Pedro : I Want 'Gers In Dark Blue

Not for me look at the treatment Wallace is getting from that scummy support and add that to the fact him being used to keep Celtic players fresh ended his season.

I'd rather our players didn't turn out for them.

I'll always support Scotland, no matter what! Doesn't mean I like watching a team full of them but if it gets us to the World Cup, that's all that matters.

Click baited by our own club :D.

The current selections for the international squad are beyond belief at times.

As much as I want our players to be internationals, I really could care less if they are chosen for Scotland right now. We are hated over there, and I am not sure the "fans" would treat them well.

Ryan Jack would be in the squad if he played for anyone but us

Wearing blue tinted spectacles there my friend.

He played nearly 200 games for Aberdeen and never got a full cap. He's only played a handful of games for us and not been picked as yet. Give him a bit more time in this team which plays at a much higher standard and with much more pressure and expectations from the fans and see what happens. He will only improve into the player we know he will be and then the caps will follow

You cant get a call up to the Scotland squad when Strachan is the Manger he only has eyes for the players that he picks all the time

Would love the Scotland squad to be full of Rangers cause it would sicken a lot of the fannies in the Tartan Army.

Would be good if the Bears could take over the Scotland support once again.

Strapon needs to go first then a shake up of the Scottish mafia running the game before I would show an interest in them

I feel a total disconnect to the national team, the tartan army are arseholes, there is no Rangers players within the squad and their treatment of Wallace was disgusting. Maybe over the next few years we will get more players involved and I'll feel a little differently.

Agree with your first sentence, Torque. Can't agree with the second, though.

That will only happen when we get rid of Strachan. He doesn't even look at Rangers players. Even Derek McInnes has complained about the likes of Shinnie and Kenny McClean not getting a look in. If you are not a Sellick player or Sellick minded then he is not interested with a very few exceptions such as James McCarthur.

I would probably have an interest in international football again if there were a handful of Rangers players in the Scotland line up and abroad. I think it's telling that I've been looking out for Portugal's results more than anyone else's on account of Big Bruno.

Who would Jack play ahead of in the first 11? McArthur and Morrison are better footballers

I feel a total disconnect to the national team, the tartan army are arseholes, there is no Rangers players within the squad and their treatment of Wallace was disgusting. Maybe over the next few years we will get more players involved and I'll feel a little differently.

im sure you are not the only one who feels like this mate, over the last few years i cant be arsed watching them and will actually laugh when they get beat!...sad i know, but this all stems from the Anti Rangers/ Anti British feeling that has been ramped up to horrific levels over the last few years by either football fans of certain clubs and the natz in their quest for Independence..booing national anthems...the bastardized saltire with either a yes or 45 on it just does my fucking head in

Watched the last Scotland England game in the pub. When that we scroat scored his goals I turned away and didn't even cheer or clap or nothing. I wasn't alone.

A few years ago i would have been going mental regardless of scorer. How times have changed.

Maybe a few Rangers players in the team might get me back, but right now i doubt it.

I think the title of this post caught a few Bears out. I agree with PC that we should want all our players to be in their respective international teams. I think Wallace, Jack & Dorrans are all worth a shout. I am not saying that they would be in the starting XI, but do I think Jack & Dorrans are better than Bannan, MacGregor, McGinn. Simple answer is YES.

I would also say that MacLean and Shinnie should be in the squad above others.

Realistically we only have 3 players that could be considered

Wallace
Dorrans
Jack

Can't see any of them being selected under Strapon

It's not really realistic with the first 2 though is it? Both have better players playing in their positions.

Jack I would like to think would be given a chance to be that holding mid shortly.

It's not really realistic with the first 2 though is it? Both have better players playing in their positions.

Jack I would like to think would be given a chance to be that holding mid shortly.
I think it's realistic that they're considered, I never said picked.

If one of the 'better players' playing in their position gets injured then it's realistic to think they'd be considered.

I would never have thought it possible 5 or 6 years ago but I couldn't care less about the Scottish national team now. I actually don't want them to qualify for the playoffs.

If some Gers were involved I'd probably feel different. Now it's a mhank-fest.

Time we took the national team back from the tartans tbh.

I actually think our Pedro is quite savvy and this is his way of drawing attention to the fact the powers that be dont consider our players the way they should.

Unfortunately this
Who would Jack play ahead of in the first 11? McArthur and Morrison are better footballers
is correct. The fact we don't have any Scotland players in our team is very little to do with Strachan and more to do with where we are at the minute.

Only Ryan Jack at this point in time has any realistic chance. Will be interesting to see if the improvements in the youth set up can produce full internationals. Find it hard to watch Scotland after everything that's been thrown at rangers over the last 6 years from other clubs and Scotland fans.

same here,never knew the Scotland score till the next day,long gone are the days we had our team captain as Scotland captain a certain Mr. John Greig.

It saddens me that we don't have players being picked for the National team. The worst thing about it is that we don't really have any players who really deserve the call up.

I appreciate the issues we have had in recent times with the SFA, but I want to see us reassert ourselves on the international front. We are the biggest club in Scotland, and should always be aiming to have the best Scottish players playing at Ibrox and representing us at international level.

I won't be supporting them until they give our players the respect they deserve, Wallace is as good as Tierney to start with. Feels like the national team is being used to raise the profile of a certain club:rolleyes:

I think it's realistic that they're considered, I never said picked.

If one of the 'better players' playing in their position gets injured then it's realistic to think they'd be considered.

Half the fans don't think Wallace is good enough for Rangers never mind an international team. I for one think is not good enough for us.

Dorrans needs to show the spl he is a class above to be considered.

Jack I think it's inevitable he will get a shot once Brown finally retires.

Hopefully Strachan leaves after this campaign and we see changes but right now let's face it, is Scotland really a priority for us for the next 3 years? NOPE.

Back