Pedro Mendes - penny for his thoughts?

I defended Pedro a lot but he chucked it at Hampden.

Robinson barked out orders, sent messages down and did everything a manager should. Pedro went up in the stand and took the huff.

Out thought and out fought by Motherwell in a national semi final with 38000 Rangers fans there , shocking

I said before the game it would make or break him as our manager

It's actually weird reading the Pedrophiles who are still - even now, attempting to talk down people who point out how awful he was

So 1 point off the Gallowgate Galacticos worth tens of millions of pounds would still be classed as awful? You must be really hard to please.

Out thought and out fought by Motherwell in a national semi final with 38000 Rangers fans there , shocking

What if the ref does his job properly?

I agree you need to win the battle to have the right to play, but if the ref fails miserably in the basics of duties................

If my Aunty had baws and all that..................but in the context of being fair, a level playing field would have seen Pedro still in a job.

Conveniently forgetting the assaults on our players and shocking refereeing? It was hardly a level playing field.

His little strop at Hamilton, sitting there lifeless, refusing to celebrate the goals or get involved in the game, was pathetic for me

The fact he had the audacity to come away with the "blue blood" shite after the Kilmarnock draw confirmed to me that he was indeed tuned to another planet

Strop at Hamilton?

Jesus H, come to the real world.

He had everyone and their mothers against him. If ever a Rangers Manager deserved our backing it was then.

What if the ref does his job properly?

I agree you need to win the battle to have the right to play, but if the ref fails miserably in the basics of duties................

If my Aunty had baws and all that..................but in the context of being fair, a level playing field would have seen Pedro still in a job.

We’re Rangers mate we find a way to win no matter what

aye the ref was a disgrace but we should’ve been at least two up by half time and he would’ve been irrelevant

the yahoos have been greeting about refereeing decisions for decades and they get laughed at

Strop at Hamilton?

Jesus H, come to the real world.

He had everyone and their mothers against him. If ever a Rangers Manager deserved our backing it was then.

Which was mainly his own fault. He handed the Miller situation terribly. The way he treated MOH and McKay would have done nothing to endear him to some of the more experienced players in the dressing room either. Read Tav's comments from a few weeks back

Those at the game backed the team, and by extension, Caixinha, excellently that night, btw. In fact, he never really got it in the neck like some of our former managers did despite being, unequivocally, the worst manager in our history

We’re Rangers mate we find a way to win no matter what

aye the ref was a disgrace but we should’ve been at least two up by half time and he would’ve been irrelevant

the yahoos have been greeting about refereeing decisions for decades and they get laughed at

A very good point, player failures..............the manager takes the flak........that unfortunately a fact of football.

I'm not comparing us to the yahoos, I'm giving an explanation to backing the then manager.
We have a level playing field, he's still in a job.

The biggest problem I have with the pc situation is the length of contract.

MW moves us on from AM. PC moved us on from MW. All moving in the right direction.

He’s not a shit manager or anything like that. Just not got the ability to take us where we need to go.

Pedro is an agent. We all know their objectives. Use their contacts to make deals. We need to box smart.
Probably one of the most sensible posts I have read on this sorry episode.

Pedro just did not have what it takes to take us to the top again. But we are in a better position than MW.

The people who thought we would be back in the PL and be challenging in the first year are sadly deluded.
My heart wanted the same thing but luckily my head comes in with more reasonable expectations.

Just because Mendes played for us counts for nothing. He came for the cash, put in a decent shift but at the end of the day he now has a job to do.

Which was mainly his own fault. He handed the Miller situation terribly. The way he treated MOH and McKay would have done nothing to endear him to some of the more experienced players in the dressing room either. Read Tav's comments from a few weeks back

Those at the game backed the team, and by extension, Caixinha, excellently that night, btw. In fact, he never really got it in the neck like some of our former managers did despite being, unequivocally, the worst manager in our history

Even at the end of the Kilmarnock game there was no calls at the stadium for his removal. No protests. Nothing. Possibly he got lucky that night in that regard as the ref and the fourth official got all of the anger and abuse at the final whistle.

But you are completely right. Pedro despite his record was never once called out by the match day support. No banners telling him to leave. No songs telling him to go. He cannot complain about the level of support the crowd gave him TBH.

A very good point, player failures..............the manager takes the flak........that unfortunately a fact of football.

I'm not comparing us to the yahoos, I'm giving an explanation to backing the then manager.
We have a level playing field, he's still in a job.

even in the Killie game if we score the penalty he’s still in a job

it just didn’t happen for him for loads of reason unfortunately as I liked the guy and wanted him to succeed

The reality of being cheated out of five points?

The Killie game? Yer joking? We were fortunate to even be 1 up by the time we got the penalty - Killie had battered us second half Clarke had made changes to bring them into it and Pedro altered us out that game - it was a shambles

And even accounting for that we let Candieas take the penalty - every man and their dugs arse twitched when he grabbed that ball - so no I don't buy into the BS line the ref sold us short

It was another in a growing list of "aye but if we justs" with Pedro that had stopped being coincedence and become repitition - the norm to the point where his utter incompetence could no longer be excused away and was just now the regression of Pedro's Rangers

If there was a poor decision to be made Pedro had a tendancy to make it and it got to a stage where too many realised that and could see through the BS trotted out to justify it

He was a joke as our manager

Not sue PC moved us on that much from MW though. As we have said on here a gazillions times, a massive gamble that has gone wrong

Of course we have moved on. You’d need to be blind not to admit that.

Pedro was a few refereeing decisions away from having us above where any of us expected us to be.

even in the Killie game if we score the penalty he’s still in a job

it just didn’t happen for him for loads of reason unfortunately as I liked the guy and wanted him to succeed

Doubt it - if we beat Killie it's Hearts and Thistle hardly a great record against either over 90 minutes this season

It’s not his fault though, all it should have taken to avoid the mistake was for any of our board to look at how poor Pedro Caixinha’s CV was, realise he was no Rangers manager and to simply say ‘no thanks’.

You would think!

I didnt know a thing about him when he came so googled. I found this and thought wahey! Whoever recruited him seems to have been fooled by how he presented himself as he seems to talk a very good game.

http://football.fmh.ulisboa.pt/speaker/pedro-caixinha/

Mendes showed zero loyalty to Rangers as a player. Why would anyone think he would see as anything other than a cash-cow as an agent?

Probably made a decent wedge out of the whole thing so I imagine he'll be delighted. How else is he meant to be feeling? It's his job.

His little strop at Hamilton, sitting there lifeless, refusing to celebrate the goals or get involved in the game, was pathetic for me

The fact he had the audacity to come away with the "blue blood" shite after the Kilmarnock draw confirmed to me that he was indeed tuned to another planet

He was full of all that pandering nonsense from when he first walked in the door.
We don't need wee soundbites about banned green boots, posters in the changing room and how you're so in love with the club after being here 5 minutes. We need results, performances... the things managers live and die by.

Not pedro mendes fault it was the people on the board responsible for recruitment. The blame lies at their feet. They should have had one look at caixinha's cv and said thanks but no thanks.

He doesn’t give two fecks, bud.

"How will I spend this 10%?"
More or less sums it up for me.

Yes Mendes will have positive memories of the club but he is not from these shores and so will worry more about representing his clients and making money than about Rangers results week in, week out.

Pedro is not a bad manager. His time at us was a mixed bag but he seems an intelligent man who has good ideas and I think given more than 7 months and 1 transfer window we would have improved.

But it’s in the past now. I hope he goes on to have a good career as for every mistake he may have made the ridicule he got from the media was a disgrace. Sadly our fans started to buy into it and that was that.

Mistakes and a mixture of bad luck with injuries etc. Maybe he just wasn’t a good fit for us overall but he gave it his best and in a very short period with his own squad the trigger was pulled.

Good luck to him.

Quite agree.
Pedro M tried to do the best for us and Pedro C
Unfortunately…… it didnt work out.
End of.

Back