Pedro "mind games wont work"

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Pedro Caixinha has warned Brendan Rodgers that he’s wasting his time trying to play mind games before tomorrow’s Old Firm showdown.

The Ibrox boss spoke out after Rodgers declared Gers title contenders because they have spent more on transfers this summer than Celtic splashed to prepare for the Champions League.

Rangers have backed Caixinha’s revolution to the tune of almost £8million while Rodgers spent £5.8million on two signings, Olivier Ntcham and Jonny Hayes.

But Caixinha hit back yesterday, firstly urging people to factor in the money Rodgers spent during his first season to set up his squad, totalling almost £8million.

And secondly to insist that the Hoops boss is wasting his time if his comments were intended to heap the pressure on Gers ahead of the first Old Firm clash of the season at Ibrox.

Caixinha said: “Whether it’s mind games depends on with whom you are playing these games.

“It’s only mind games when you say something thinking that you are going to have one answer or what you are saying is going to affect other decisions or choices.

“But it does not affect me. It is not my concern, I just want to help take the club on the right direction to get back to the position where it needs to be, which the club has been doing gradually over the last five terms.

“How much did he (Rodgers) invest in his first season here?

“You might want to have a look at the numbers, or if you want, you can add the two seasons – previous one and this one – and afterwards you’ll draw your own conclusions.

“But I don’t need to answer what he said, what he thinks or whatever. I just need to focus on my team and my club.

“I focus on the investment that we need, or the investment that we’ve made over the last five seasons. And I look at what we need to have a return to the top and help us keep investing in the same way.

“But I don’t want to discuss budgets or what’s more or less expensive. I’m just here to discuss a football match which we are totally focused on winning.

“That’s what really matters to me. I’m not concerned on what the others say, if the others have more money or if the others want to put more pressure on me by saying we have more investment so we are also contenders.

“I know that they are the ones who won the treble, they are the ones who are leading the league so maybe with the bookies they should be the favourites. Let them think like that.”

Caixinha has still not ruled defenders Bruno Alves and Declan John out of his team for tomorrow’s Ibrox clash as he continues to assess the injuries they suffered in Wednesday’s Betfred Cup win over Partick Thistle.

But he confirmed skipper Lee Wallace is facing up to two months out with the groin injury that forced him off in the previous game against Thistle a week ago today.

Caixinha said: “He needs three weeks to rest and then three to five weeks to get totally recovered, so it’s six to eight weeks in total.”

PC is a class act. He is everything you expect in a Rangers manager.

If he delivers the title at some point he will go down in our history.

PC is a class act. He is everything you expect in a Rangers manager.

If he delivers the title at some point he will go down in our history.
Deffo mate, i just hope he can start to dleiver and the fans will love him, we cant get away from some of the terrible results we have had but this is the chance to start to put some of that right.

Pc is a class act indeed , everything you expect in a rangers manager as you say op ,

Hopefully he gets his team and tactics correct against the vermin , he deserves a victory against this scum

He certainly doesn't pander to any fellow managers which is something I like about him.

Pc is a class act indeed , everything you expect in a rangers manager as you say op ,

Hopefully he gets his team and tactics correct against the vermin , he deserves a victory against this scum

Let's not get carried away just because of an interview, class act etc. He (his team) owes the fans a performance and victory against Celtic.

I do, its easy to forget some stuff just because he gets us and is a great talker etc, i think we just really want it to work for him so bad.

I get that, and anybody with the club's interest at heart want all Managers and players to do well, but for me he doesn't personally deserve anything, he personally needs to deliver for the fans, if/when he does he will get the accolades.

I'm a pest a %^*& to please....:):)

Yes he presents himself himself well and represents the club well. I like that he talks football with the media as well - they don't understand it at all but he is doing what a football coach/manager should.

He needs to start winning big important game though. This is Rangers FC and winning big games is the expectation.

I really hope Pedro gets his tactics right and we get a victory so he can ram those words down that smug bass'a throat. Tranny boy, may want something else though.....

Is the massive point missed by the media here that obviously we have ambition to compete and that's why we are spending money (not sure what is amazing or news-worthy about that to be honest) but that the lack of spending by the mentally challengeds shows their complete lack of ambition to compete at the next level in the Champions League. They are taking the 'hard earned' money of their bigot supporters and sitting on it and accepting 5-0 cuffings by the likes of PSG. That should be the story here and they should be grilling the tranny about. Instead the compliant media instead report that Rangers have spent more so they must want to win. You don't say you morons!!

I suppose some will say hes its a bit open with them and speaks too often, maybe walter was great at giving them next to nothing, but i quite like it and anyway i thought the press loved managers that give them headlines.

If you really want too compare the 2 jobs and the 2 managers then you have to take into account the friendship between refs and Celtic fc/media. It hands them such a huge advantage, as has been clear in even the opening few weeks of the new season. John Beaton telling a young provo at full time the other night he was very lucky and could have been sent off after his performance in our game with Hibs said it all, hes not alone though loads are it. I doubt Pedro has seen anything like because im pretty sure you wont see anything like it anywhere in world sport. Match manipulation i think its called we see it 9/10 in our game.

why no just say that pedro that would seriously wind them up and let the refs and the sfa know the days of being painfully nice are over. Cheat and we will call it exactly what it is.

I just hope that we can do it tomorrow. It would give us all a massive lift if we can do our talking on the park.

They have been fleecing there fans for years,they should be well out of sight and they aren't. I like the cut of Pedro's jib,just letting him no it won't wash.

I`m sure I saw recently Bheast FC announced a profit if £6.7m or something.

THAT`S why the tranny hasn`t spent anything much this season. Champo league money or not, they have a lot of money to pay back.

Back