Pedro set to take over Cruz Azul

I would hope that we will be getting some money back off the back of this like the Crystal Palace/Sam Alardyce severance deal?

Or am I expecting too much of our Board on this?

That's his level.
Going back to a country with a population of 130 million and football ball mad country playing against massive clubs and bigger stadiums and more coverage and scrutiny.

It certainly is a far, far higher level.

SPL level is way, way behind Mexico - in every aspect and the passion over there is tenfold what it is in this wee backwater.

People just dismiss country’s like that as it’s not us or one of Europe’s top leagues.

This in a nutshell.

Living in Madrid for 7 years, most people can name 2 and at tops 3 Scottish teams. They can also name no players that currently play in the league. The way we consider Mexico a footballing backwater, many countries have exactly the same opinion of us(Scottish League).

What level are Cruz Azul on?

Is their a tier system for football? If so, what are we at the moment?
Of course there's a tier system.

If a manager takes the Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs job they're going to be expected to make the top 4 and challenge for honours.If he takes a job at West Brom or Stoke the expectations are going to be a lot different.

Of course there's a tier system
Going back to a country with a population of 130 million and football ball mad country playing against massive clubs and bigger stadiums and more coverage and scrutiny.

SPL level is way, way behind Mexico - in every aspect and the passion over there is tenfold what it is in this wee backwater.

He's a mid table journeyman manager.You need to get over it mate.

I'm over it mate. No worries. But to dismiss his level when he's just about to land a big job in Mexico which is way above what we have in every aspect is harsh.

It’s coming from a Mexican journo apparently.
Just googled it, this article states their coach is leaving after the next game.. looks like the article suggests pedro as the last main successful euro coach but no detail on him being a replacement..

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/mexi...on-influx-new-ideas-paco-jemez-pedro-caixinha

This article suggests he has been approached though..

http://www.goal.com/es-mx/noticias/...o-a-pedro-caixinha/1kqvdmrx0r8on12tsac1kdy0ip

Then you have to ask why he was so unutterably shit for us.

I'm over it mate. No worries. But to dismiss his level when he's just about to land a big job in Mexico which is way above what we have in every aspect is harsh.

"Cruz Azul are anticipating what may happen at the end of the season and there is already a representative with a contract ready to be signed by Pedro Caixinha in Portugal," Romay told Radio Marca.

"At Cruz Azul they already made the decision that Caixinha will be their new coach at the next tournament, no matter what happens with Paco Jémez."

Aye the mob he’s going to aren’t Rangers Football Club though

Hopefully this mob give him a bit of cash to spend and he comes in for Pena & Herrera.

Buildng a whole new team and being given 10 league games maybe wasn't enough time - we will never know.

But he is going to a massive league in a massive country with incredible passion snd coverage so I wish him all the best.
We do know though.

Shocking results,failure to win 3 on the bounce,humiliated in Europe by minows,poor man management skills and little sign of improvement.Plus he talked a load of nonsense half the time.

Buildng a whole new team and being given 10 league games maybe wasn't enough time - we will never know.

But he is going to a massive league in a massive country with incredible passion snd coverage so I wish him all the best.

Would agree with that.

The fact things never quite worked out for him here certainly wasn't down to his lack of commitment to the job.

I wish him the very best in the future.

Back