Pena

Pena and Krancjar have been very good footballers, who have earned a favourable reputation. However, I am far from convinced that it is beneficial to sign players whose best days are behind them. Hope that we now know concentrate on identifying decent players with the potential to improve.

I find it embarrassing the treament of Peña on here. Our player...he finally got on the pitch and scored. Started getting more goals and began to show a good understanding with Morales...a wee dip and a poor game v Motherwell and he is now public enemy No1.

High time we gave the lad a bit of breathing space. I'd get it if he hadn't score but he has...he needs to be allowed to bed in. Some players in our past have taken more than six months and been fine thereafter, why can't we allow him the same ? Not Peña's fault the Rangers are coming back from the the worst circumstances imaginable and worse.
Giving any of our players prolonged abuse is shocking imo, should always be about encouragement

Pena looks fit????
Were you at semi final or watched the game, he gave a weak, heartless performance in what was our biggest game of the season.

I don't think he is unfit stamina wise. Not saying he is the best player in the world, just saying I'd have him in instead of a soon to be 38 year old Miller.

I think he is better than Miller now and has potential to improve the more games he has.

I don't think he is unfit stamina wise. Not saying he is the best player in the world, just saying I'd have him in instead of a soon to be 38 year old Miller.

I think he is better than Miller now and has potential to improve the more games he has.
Ok mate, we'll agree to disagree.
My opinion won't change of him a massive disappointment for me unfortunately!

You think Pena is a player?

He was injured FFS. That was mentioned by Pedro...he'd twisted his knee at Hampden. Strider made a good point on the H&H podcast...that Murty probably took him out the firing line for a bit.

He has ability as a footballer as many have who have came to Scotland and failed.
I bet he could hack in in the bottom half in La Liga no problem and get pass marks.
However, this is not Spain and this is not a club in the bottom half of a league. I can see there are positives he CAN bring to us with the spaces he finds and a couple of his finishes. BUT the bad outways the good by far in terms of his abilities in Scottish football. He is slow, can't pass, needs at least 3 touches and when out of posession, it's like playing with a man down- we cannot afford to have a player like this. A poor Decision from what turned out to be a poor Manger and I believe it will be best for all parties to see him moved back home in January.

I said in another thread a few weeks ago, if I went to play for a team in Mexico and found out their fans were talking about me the way Peña’s talked about on here, I’d stick two fingers up to them and look for a way out.

There’s definitely a touch of venom in there, I still don’t know why. Must be the only guy FF had the knives out for before he’d ever had an official start.

Eh because he's a complete arse. If you're going to be sanctimonious and moan about fans moaning about players at least be consistent with it. You give Miller and Windass worse abuse than anyone gives Pena on here

Pound for pound our biggest signing in years and he turns up completely unfit... shows actually no sign of getting fit, and then goes out on the piss and ends up missing one of our matches. It's not hard to see why some find him contemptible

If a Scottish lad behaved the way he did he would have been sacrificed on here

Eh because he's a complete arse. If you're going to be sanctimonious and moan about fans moaning about players at least be consistent with it

Pound for pound our biggest signing in years and he turns up completely unfit... shows actually no sign of getting fit, and then goes out on the piss and ends up missing one of our matches. It's not hard to see why some find him contemptible

If a Scottish lad behaved the way he did he would have been sacrificed on here

He is fit though. The stories of being out drinking and again seemed to be taken as gospel and obviously didn’t help matters.

But aside from that most of what I read about him is complete and utter bollocks from champ manager coaches who always know what to do with the benefit of hindsight.

Doesn’t contribute, done %^*& all, waste of space. Pile of fucking shite, that perfectly described Miller until last weekend and no one had an issue with him strolling back in and with captains armband too.

What were you saying about consistency?

He is fit though. The stories of being out drinking and again seemed to be taken as gospel and obviously didn’t help matters.

But aside from that most of what I read about him is complete and utter bollocks from champ manager coaches who always know what to do with the benefit of hindsight.

Doesn’t contribute, done %^*& all, waste of space. Pile of fucking shite, that perfectly described Miller until last weekend and no one had an issue with him strolling back in and with captains armband too.

What were you saying about consistency?

Is he f*ck fit. He still looks as if he's towing a caravan ffs :D

If that is him fit then god help us, he's an impossibly worse player than I thought initially

Miller's had a poor season and shouldn't have been given a new deal but it kinda sums it up that, at 37 years old, he is still viewed as a better option than our supposed star signing

BTW, Murty wouldn't be bombing him out completely if he was showing up every day and impressing. There's clearly something going on there

Pedro lost his job because he gave Miller another year and didn't give him a coaching role. Miller took the huff and turned the dressing room. No manager can get results when the dressing room is against them.

Whaaaaaaaat? Some mental stuff gets posted on here but this has got to be up there

Even today I heard the guy behind me tell his mate the fable that Niko was one of the most naturally talented players in the uk.

Meanwhile my son said..you were right dad his touch is off and he gave the ball away. Guy clearly is not match fit or game ready. Neither has been Pena imo.

Given that Pena is younger and has a contract well beyond this season I know which one I would have played at 3 up with 20 to go.
I’d have to agree with you on that point. But then Niko was rumoured to be one of those siding with Miller before Pedro went...

Pedro lost his job because he gave Miller another year and didn't give him a coaching role. Miller took the huff and turned the dressing room. No manager can get results when the dressing room is against them.

Yeah.... that's totally what happened over the 7 months Pedro was in charge.

It was Millers fault that we got beaten in Luxembourg. Millers fault we couldn't beat Thistle in 180 mins of football. Millers fault we lost 9 goals in three games to celtc and definitely his fault Pedro couldn't manage his team to win three game seasons in a row. It was all his fault

Are we sure that Miller wasn't responsible for the fake WMD reports in Iran? Has he spent time in North Korea? Is he Kim's real dad?

Bloody hell the denial in this post can only be a joke....

Back