Penalties in Old Firm Games

Trueblue2021

I was doing some research into penalties in Old Firm Games.

We haven't had a league penalty at Ibrox against Celtic since 2007 and Parkhead since 2010. Last was Alfredo missed on the spot in December 2019 League Cup final.

Do refs really bottle it against giving us anything in the Old Firm games?

We haven't had a league penalty at Ibrox against Celtic since 2007 and Parkhead since 2010. Last was Alfredo missed on the spot in December 2019 League Cup final.

1946/47 - 2021/22

Old Firm League games penalties awarded.

Rangers 35
Celtic 45

Prior to the 2019 LCF the last penalty awarded to us was on 06/02/2011 in a Scottish Cup fixture at Ibrox when Steven Whittaker converted.

Another myth proven to be untrue.

There was a game posted recently where a certain Rangers goal was saved by a defender, McNally I think, as clear a handball as John Greig in the 73 Cup final and the ref waved play on, think we won 3 1 at the phiggery with Brown scoring.

There was a game posted recently where a certain Rangers goal was saved by a defender, McNally I think, as clear a handball as John Greig in the 73 Cup final and the ref waved play on, think we won 3 1 at the phiggery with Brown scoring.
That was from a super Ally shot, and a blatantly obvious handball.

I remember Pat Bonnar used to always bless himself before a Rangers penalty kick was taken against him.

I don’t remember him ever saving one.
He saved 2. One v Cammy Fraser and super in the LC final although Ally rattled the rebound past him

I remember Novo should have had a penalty at Parkhead in May 2010. The Celtic player handled the ball in the box.

I'll never forget Clancy penalty award in December 2019 to Celtic for shirt pulling but ignored the same pull at the other end.

We should've had a penalty for an almost identical incident, in that game. Thankfully Katic scored from the resulting corner.

1946/47 - 2021/22

Rangers 35
Celtic 45

Prior to the 2019 LCF the last penalty awarded to us was on 06/02/2011 in a Scottish Cup fixture at Ibrox when Steven Whittaker converted.

Another great example of why Rangers should employ a full time professional researcher to gather and present evidence of facts and figures. The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. No more bias, double standards and lies.

Midweek league game at Scumdome on 4 May 2010, 10 days after we had won thd title at Easter Rd. We lost the game 2-1

IIRC in the second half, with the score 2-1, a Kenny Miller shot was stopped by the raised arms of Darran O'Dea, as clear a penalty as you'll see. I believe as the title was already decided not much was ever made of the incident but for some reason it still annoys me that such a blatant handball could be overlooked.

1946/47 - 2021/22

Rangers 35
Celtic 45

Red cards would be interesting. Been much more of an issue in recent years.

I Can’t really remember a game where we should have had a penalty tbh.

There has been quite a few, the first game against them at Ibrox 2017/18 season.

Morelos was quite clearly taken out by Simunovic, Craig Thomson bottled it.

There was around 4 shirt pulls against us in the Clancy shame game at the Piggery. If you give one you have to give them all.

I remember Novo should have had a penalty at Parkhead in May 2010. The Celtic player handled the ball in the box.

I'll never forget Clancy penalty award in December 2019 to Celtic for shirt pulling but ignored the same pull at the other end.
The only difference was we scored from the resultant corner kick in 2019

Midweek league game at Scumdome on 4 May 2010, 10 days after we had won thd title at Easter Rd. We lost the game 2-1

IIRC in the second half, with the score 2-1, a Kenny Miller shot was stopped by the raised arms of Darran O'Dea, as clear a penalty as you'll see. I believe as the title was already decided not much was ever made of the incident but for some reason it still annoys me that such a blatant handball could be overlooked.

Another great example of why Rangers should employ a full time professional researcher to gather and present evidence of facts and figures. The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. No more bias, double standards and lies.
In that time Celtic have won the title 31 times and we have won it 28 times (4 years we were out of the top flight) so deducting there 4 is 27 and yet they have dominated penalties in that time.

Should have had another 2 in the cup final Brown with Morelos in the box and then another after Alfie missed think it might have been with Mcgregor again was a clear penalty not given.

The 2 footer by Christie on Goldson in Clancy's shame game but he gave the foul against Goldson.

Aribo shirt pull Dec 2019?

Same time period 1946/47 - 2021/22

Domestic Red Cards Rangers 178 Celtic 140
League Red Cards Rangers 141 Celtic 111
Old Firm Red Cards Rangers 42 Celtic 35
You're good at this!

Aribo shirt pull Dec 2019?

Same time period 1946/47 - 2021/22

Domestic Red Cards Rangers 178 Celtic 140
League Red Cards Rangers 141 Celtic 111
Old Firm Red Cards Rangers 42 Celtic 35
Does the domestic and league include the 4 years we weren't in the top flight?

Watch the game at the piggery with Cardinal Clancy
We should have had 3 or 4 for the same reason he gave his team one……in one of the incidents there was only two players in the box and Morelos was having his shirt blatantly pulled
the one on aribo just before we scored summed up scottish football. Sky for once showed a replay hoping to show it wasnt a corner however instead it showed aribo getting his jersey pulled by christie, silence by the commentators on sky.

Back