Penalties in Old Firm Games

Bobby Madden & Red Cards

From 2016/17 when we returned to the PL

Rangers 7 Celtic 3

Opposition Red Cards.

v Rangers 4 v Celtic 8

Must have a word at the next Lodge meeting:cool:

Those stats don't shock me, the greetin from the filth is off the scale though, those facts are easily found out yet Madden gets hounded off them, he rightly gets slated on here :))

The one they were given at Ibrox when McGregor saved from Samaras was laughable in the extreme.
An indirect free-kick for obstruction at worst.

Mind they missed one at Ibrox last season - and at the Girodome in the Clancy special.

Ironically he wasn’t particularly bitter off the park in my experience. Used to drink in the Shawlands Hotel and was ok to talk to.
I don't mind Bonner. Certainly by no means the worst.

He certainly isn't better enough for PLZ Soccer anyway....

That we can all remember it from Walters in 1989....Either he is a very good catholic or it was a bit of psychology - which failed.

Think he did it in Italia 90 too.

Bobby Madden & Red Cards

From 2016/17 when we returned to the PL

Rangers 7 Celtic 3

Opposition Red Cards.

v Rangers 4 v Celtic 8

Must have a word at the next Lodge meeting:cool:

If the tramps have an equivalent of Kerryfail St. then I doubt you'll have made it on today bud :)

I'd love us to get 1 in the last minute next week and score it for us to win the game. The fallout would be absolutely superb!
Yeah right. One of our players would need to be decapitated before Madden would consider pointing at the spot!

I was doing some research into penalties in Old Firm Games.

We haven't had a league penalty at Ibrox against Celtic since 2007 and Parkhead since 2010. Last was Alfredo missed on the spot in December 2019 League Cup final.

Do refs really bottle it against giving us anything in the Old Firm games?
An interesting statistic, however what I want to know is how is our record v them in midweek games?

There was a game posted recently where a certain Rangers goal was saved by a defender, McNally I think, as clear a handball as John Greig in the 73 Cup final and the ref waved play on, think we won 3 1 at the phiggery with Brown scoring.
Gough was penalised for the exact sane offence in the 89 game at the piggery, Woods saved from Miller and justice was done:))

Gough was penalised for the exact sane offence in the 89 game at the piggery, Woods saved from Miller and justice was done:))

Not quite, the ball bounced and hit Goughs hand while blocking a cross into the box, nothing he could do about it, McNally stopped a certain goal.

Justice was done as we won both games :))

Aribo shirt pull Dec 2019?

Same time period 1946/47 - 2021/22

Domestic Red Cards Rangers 178 Celtic 140
League Red Cards Rangers 141 Celtic 111
Old Firm Red Cards Rangers 42 Celtic 35
Great start mate

The thing that gets me with the Stokes penalty award in 2011;

Earlier that season at the Piggery, up and coming referee Willie Collum in his first OF game awarded us a "debatable" penalty that Kenny Miller scored from. In the days that followed, loads of forensic analysis on the award - did the challenge on Kirk Broadfoot merit the penalty award, Collum's positioning to make the call, it was too sunny to make an accurate call etc etc.

Fast forward to April 2011 and Stokes jumps into Davis. They get the penalty and Shagger saves it. However, apart from a passing comment from Davie Provan on the Sky coverage, I don't recall the same level of scrutiny on that particular penalty award. Funny that. :shh:

The thing that gets me with the Stokes penalty award in 2011;

Earlier that season at the Piggery, up and coming referee Willie Collum in his first OF game awarded us a "debatable" penalty that Kenny Miller scored from. In the days that followed, loads of forensic analysis on the award - did the challenge on Kirk Broadfoot merit the penalty award, Collum's positioning to make the call, it was too sunny to make an accurate call etc etc.

Fast forward to April 2011 and Stokes jumps into Davis. They get the penalty and Shagger saves it. However, apart from a passing comment from Davie Provan on the Sky coverage, I don't recall the same level of scrutiny on that particular penalty award. Funny that. :shh:
The media only report what makes them money. It’s always been all about the Rangers.

We must keep reminding each other of these stats that we’ve discussed in this forum and nobody mustn’t forget that Celtic get the bulk of the big decisions.

Not quite, the ball bounced and hit Goughs hand while blocking a cross into the box, nothing he could do about it, McNally stopped a certain goal.

Justice was done as we won both games :))

IIRC the Gough one was even worse as it bounced up off the ground upto his hand

1946/47 - 2021/22

Old Firm League games penalties awarded.

Rangers 35
Celtic 45

Prior to the 2019 LCF the last penalty awarded to us was on 06/02/2011 in a Scottish Cup fixture at Ibrox when Steven Whittaker converted.

Another myth proven to be untrue.
This is something you'll never see reported in the unbiased Scottish Press ......

Would a similar thread like this appear on a Celtic site ?

Where their fans are posting "ffs ", there aren't many penalties in OF games", "who cares" "can't remember any claims" etc

Maybe ?

No f*cking chance.

1946/47 - 2021/22

Old Firm League games penalties awarded.

Rangers 35
Celtic 45

Prior to the 2019 LCF the last penalty awarded to us was on 06/02/2011 in a Scottish Cup fixture at Ibrox when Steven Whittaker converted.

Another myth proven to be untrue.
Timmy and facts - only combination with less in common is Timmy and soap.

Yeah was at that game. Thomson effectively handed the Filth the title on a plate and Shagger saved the day. The roar that went up was incredible.
Was it Craig Thompson that day?

My memory was Walter's response after the match

'All season all we've heard is that Celtic don't get penalties, we'll they got one today...and Alan MacGregor saved it'!!

Was it Craig Thompson that day?

My memory was Walter's response after the match

'All season all we've heard is that Celtic don't get penalties, we'll they got one today...and Alan MacGregor saved it'!!
That’s correct mate - Craig Thomson was the Clancy of the day. A cheat of the highest order.

Aribo shirt pull Dec 2019?

Same time period 1946/47 - 2021/22

Domestic Red Cards Rangers 178 Celtic 140
League Red Cards Rangers 141 Celtic 111
Old Firm Red Cards Rangers 42 Celtic 35
Virtually every whinge they cry about can be countered by actual facts.
It’s the oppressed way. They cry until they get what they want, and in this country they get the benefit of the doubt 99% out of a hundred.

Yeah Stokes am sure it was threw himself into thr Rangers defender then collapsed
That was a ludicrous decision from a serial Rangers hater in an attempt to sway the title race in their direction. A laughable penalty to award.

I remember Novo should have had a penalty at Parkhead in May 2010. The Celtic player handled the ball in the box.

I'll never forget Clancy penalty award in December 2019 to Celtic for shirt pulling but ignored the same pull at the other end.
There was a picture of this around the time.
Morelos must’ve been six feet away from the Celtic defender and the Celtic man was still holding the Morelos shirt.

Back