Penalties- who is next

Tav for me...I understand it was a really good save last night but I never fancied Hagi when he stepped up.

I’d genuinely hope that we spend lots of time working on these for a good long time.
I think a 90% success rate is the least we should be looking for.
Ryan Jack for me looks like a good option.
90% success rate is not that realistic in my opinion. Tav currently has an 80% success rate for us and if you look at messi his is around 77% and Cristiano Ronaldo is around 84/85% and they are the 2 best players in the world.

Hagi didn't miss as much as the keeper made a wonder save. Stick with him or revert back to Tav and start going through the list again!

90% success rate is not that realistic in my opinion. Tav currently has an 80% success rate for us and if you look at messi his is around 77% and Cristiano Ronaldo is around 84/85% and they are the 2 best players in the world.
Agree with this.
xG on a penalty is 0.76 so anything over this is good in my book.

Tav should never have passed up the one in the LCF. This is when all this carry on started. He should have had the balls to stand up and bury that one and all the others thereafter.

We should not be humming and hawing about it, Tav was and is the penalty taker and that should be it.

I agree that Borna would be worth a go at taking them. He has some technique and can fairly skelp a ball. If it's Tav's decision not to take them anymore then that's a worrying sign from our Captain. He has the ability, but maybe lost the nerve and has given us a headache in this department which could have proven costly last night, as it was in the LCF. Disappointing.

Tav please. He and Borna should be made to practice the sh*t out of them, so we're covered on any given day.

If we don't watch what we are doing its going to totally f*** up the heads of all the players .
We are coming into a phase with the Scottish and the Europa comp that we will have to find a minimum of 5 to take them if the games go to penalties .
So we have to get rid of this nonsense about we are getting jinxed .
Pick a player and stick with him ,this chopping players and trying different ones is counterproductive .
My vote is Tav with Hagi as back up end off

although he has missed a few, tav has shown he can handle the pressure.

said for a while barasic could be given a shot

Personally I think we should start passing them to the side to get a shot away.

It's typical that every week we moan about not getting penalties from referees and I'm starting think they are doing us a favour.

Barisic is our most composed player and he is good at every other set piece, it should be him

Personally, I'd like the club to stick with Hagi.

That was a perfectly good strike on Wednesday, which was stopped by a very good save.

Last edited:
Hagi. It was a fantastic save. It happens. Was a nice height for the keeper but that aside it was a decent penalty

Back