Penalties- who is next

With penalty shootouts a real possibility at these stages, it doesn't give you a lot of confidence. Sometimes though, it's players who don't usually hit them that can perform well in shootouts.

Be interested to know how much time is given to practising these at training.

I’d genuinely hope that we spend lots of time working on these for a good long time.
I think a 90% success rate is the least we should be looking for.
Ryan Jack for me looks like a good option.

Tav's overall penalty record is outstanding and he's keen to take them.

He'd be my choice.

Tav’s missed more than anyone, if he wanted back on them tonight or the last time would have been it.

I don’t even know the answer though, feels like whoever it is we’ll always miss.

Defoe. Barisic. Arfield.

There are many players who could do it.
Of course you can not change a player after every miss so maybe Hagi again next time? Even though i think that a young loan-player should not be the one who carries the responsibility for the whole team.

Me. 61 y.o. and NEVER missed. What's the effin problem with these professional fitba players? Never got paid a penny for playing, was never that good but could, and still can, kick with both feet. Beats me how they miss.
All that said, very proud of the team tonight, great result.
WATP
how many penalties did you take in your time.

In no particular order, Borna, Kent, Kamberi or Aribo. I think the ship has sailed for Tav taking them or else he’d have taken another by now

It was well hit by Hagi and a great save ,if Shagger saved one like that we would be raving about it.

Our next penalty and if he is on the pitch then Hagi again for me

I’ll be honest Tavernier should never have been stopped from taking them. People miss penalties but his record up until his wee dry spell. He should be reinstalled and actually given some backing and support.

Tbh I'd let Hagi go again. It wasn't a bad kick just a great save.
Although I'd have Barisic taking them.

We must have some record for number of takers in the last few years:
Tavernier, Hagi, Defoe, Davis, Halliday, Morelos, Stewart, Arfield + Candeias Waghorn and Windass all taking pens.

We should never have taken them off Tav but I suspect Hagi will remain on them. He struck it well last night.

Tav should never have been off them. If your taking penalties over a substantial period your going to miss quite a few.

Tav should never have been off them. If your taking penalties over a substantial period your going to miss quite a few.
He had to come off them as our 'fans' were baying for his blood around that time so much so that Gerrard in a press conference asked them to get behind our captain.

Get Tav back on them, and back him if he misses. Let us down twice and it's been a disaster since.

I would have no issue saying Hagi step back up. It wasn't a bad penalty and a very good save.

Failing that if he feels ready back to Tav.

Back to tav but just hit it down the bloomin middle. Stop overthinking it or trying too hard

Borna or Kent for me. If no one steps up Gerrard should pick who it should be that would boost my confidence to hit a penalty if the manager picked me but this is Rangers and there should be 11 guys on the pitch wanting to take the thing

Hibbee in my work told me yesterday that Kamberi hits a good penalty. This was pre-game, so when it was awarded I wondered if it might be him to step up.

Suppose Hagi earned the right given his display in first leg and was more a great save than a bad pen so maybe worth giving him another shot.

Either back to Tav or give borna a go.

Out of interest does anyone have the full stats for penalties this season (opposition, taker, scored or missed)?

Back