Penalty claim in the second half.

kennymac

There was what looked like a handball late in the 2nd half. I was in the Main Stand and thought it was a good shout.
Any Bears closer to the action able to confirm or otherwise?

Not seen it back, looked stonewall. We were never getting it, ref totally shat it because of any blowback of what’s happened in recent weeks of us getting pens.

Would’ve covered the cracks, didn’t deserve %^*& all from that match.

Was a stonewall penalty. Guy wasnt even standing upright. He leaned over to try block with his foot up and also had his arm raised. Clearly making his shape bigger with his arm.

Only seen it at the game also, from the Govan rear, looked a definite penalty.

Thought the foul against Goldson in the first half was even more blatant.

The coward refereeing will give nothing that might upset the scum. He ruins every game in which he is involved. Looked like a stonewaller at the time.

McLean flies under the radar because it’s usually arseholes like Thomson and Madden bearing the brunt of our rage .... for me, McLean is every bit as bad.

Someone called it the other day, he is very much “look at meeee !!”
The game never flows with him in charge, very stop/start.

The refree was crap, but we are clutching at straws here. The reason we drew, wasn’t down to us not getting a penalty, but our team not turning up. It’s not the first time they haven’t turned up this season, and it won’t be the last.
If the same team turns up on Wednesday, Kilmarnock will take us to the cleaners.

The refree was crap, but we are clutching at straws here. The reason we drew, wasn’t down to us not getting a penalty, but our team not turning up. It’s not the first time they haven’t turned up this season, and it won’t be the last.
If the same team turns up on Wednesday, Kilmarnock will take us to the cleaners.

No one is clutching at straws. You see anyone saying that's why we lost?

The coward refereeing will give nothing that might upset the scum. He ruins every game in which he is involved. Looked like a stonewaller at the time.
I agree, he totally ruins any chance for a game to flow. How many free kicks did St J get by simply falling over? Okay we were very poor but he makes the whole episode worse. He’s the referee I hate most

There was what looked like a handball late in the 2nd half. I was in the Main Stand and thought it was a good shout.
Any Bears closer to the action able to confirm or otherwise?
The picture of Liz Hurley alone is worth a response!!!

Couldn’t see the incident, but saw the calls for it.

Was a stonewall penalty. Guy wasnt even standing upright. He leaned over to try block with his foot up and also had his arm raised. Clearly making his shape bigger with his arm.

Might sound insignificant but it didn’t seem like our fans nor players made a big deal of it.

As backwards as that seems, it puts more pressure on the officials to make a call rather than take the easy option of ignoring it.

Definitely handled the ball. Would need to see the replay. Might have been a case of ball to man

I’m at the corner flag under the screen, I can assure everyone that it was a definite penalty as a clear hand ball.

I bet they show it on the telly purely to piss us off.

100% it was a penalty. It’s was Foster that did it.

It doesn’t matter how shite we played. If it was a stonewaller then it should have been given. I couldn’t say wether it was or not from my vantage point in the WE but i’m sure Sportscene will thoroughly analyse it.

I agree, he totally ruins any chance for a game to flow. How many free kicks did St J get by simply falling over? Okay we were very poor but he makes the whole episode worse. He’s the referee I hate most

To me Craig Thomson is just a complete out & out cheat. The Tim game v Hibs is just the latest of a long line of evidence.
However if you’re talking about a referee trying to do his job but doing it very very badly then I agree with you.

It looked like a penalty to me, but I was at the other end, in the main stand.
But the real issue that needs addressed is the ongoing campaign ( and so far very successful) by the Scottish media to make things even more difficult for Rangers. Officials know that if they make a decision that our enemies decide is controversial, then they will be crucified for weeks or months, including threats. If a mistake is detrimental to Rangers then it will be a three second wonder, and only by us.
All day yesterday, this was so obvious all over the pitch, not just for the penalty.

Last edited:
I thought it was a penalty but when i say that i also know its a waste of time even claiming for it with a bent ref out there. St J manager must have been quite pleased when he seen which ref was doing the game. McLean is ready and motivated to take over from big Craig as the media darling that upsets Rangers players, manager, support, and refs tims perfectly giving them everything. Obvious before kick off we were getting 0 from the ref.

(yes i accept we could miss the penalty/st j were well worth a point and could still get a result even if we score)

McLean flies under the radar because it’s usually arseholes like Thomson and Madden bearing the brunt of our rage .... for me, McLean is every bit as bad.

Someone called it the other day, he is very much “look at meeee !!”
The game never flows with him in charge, very stop/start.

He stopped the game twice when we were away. Fair enough I thought as he must be about to give a yellow but, no, he was just stopping us pushing forward quickly

You'll have to show me where I said our dropping points was down to not getting a penalty. I made a simple request to see if anyone else had a better view than me. It seems some did. So if it was a penalty, anr we now seeing the backlash from the St. Mirrem game?

The one on Goldson in the first half is more of a penalty, a ridiculous decision from a sh*tebag referee.

No we didn’t deserve to win the game, that’s not the point though. We are judged to a different standard and it’s been costs us points for years.

Back