Penalty decision for Dundee

There doesn’t need to be contact for a foul to occur, if the player has to avoid being impeded and loses possession etc, then he’s been fouled.

Seen it plenty of times with red cards, guy comes flying in two footed - the other player gets out the way, but the tackler is still sent off because he’s endangered the opponent and they’ve had to react.

Can’t believe you need to explain this to people.

There doesn’t need to be contact for a foul to occur, if the player has to avoid being impeded and loses possession etc, then he’s been fouled.

Seen it plenty of times with red cards, guy comes flying in two footed - the other player gets out the way, but the tackler is still sent off because he’s endangered the opponent and they’ve had to react.
Unless it's Bassey and on Scotland

Imo the attacker new what he was doing and "won" the penalty.He saw the keeper coming out knocked the ball past him but left his leg in to make contact and get the penalty.I have no complaint most strikers would do the same,the ironic thing is if he had hurdled the keeper he would probably have scored.I think he went down in attempt to get big Jon sent off as well as winning in the penalty.

McMullan did the “Beckham” dive. McLaughlin did the “ Schmeichel” star jump to try and block what he thought would be a shot or a dink over his head. His outstretched leg was on the ground and McMullan threw himself over that leg while ensuring his left toe dragged along the turf and deliberately made contact with it. That’s what happens when forwards think they may have overrun the ball and referees go for it. It would be a brave ref that doesn’t give the penalty and instead yellow cards the diver. As for a red card for the keeper it’s a definite “No”. A genuine attempt to play the ball makes it only a yellow.
Our very own Super Ally was a master at it.

That's a pen all day. If that was us and we never got it we would be screaming cheats.

Good save but we put ourselves in that position in first place.

The guy won his team a penalty took advantage of McLaughlin’s spreading his left leg read the situation perfectly,100% penalty but never a red card.

The keeper obstructed his path to the ball by sticking his leg out. The Dundee player could have jumped over it but why should he. Keeper made it easy for the referee to make a decision. Penalty and yellow card

My only issue is this, he didn't leave a leg in because he was going to be wiped out by McLaughlin as some have alluded to. He took another step or so after McLaughlin had stopped then left a leg in because he was in the way and won the penalty. However the fact McLaughlin didn't get the ball makes it a easier decision for the ref. If it were the other way round I'd of probably wanted a pen.

Take the blue tinted specs off man , it was as clear a pen as you will see

I know there is this whole double jeopardy thing but I woulda been calling for the Dundee keeper to be sent off if it was the other way round

shocking schoolboy defending by goldson & great save by McLaughlin to bail us out

My only issue is this, he didn't leave a leg in because he was going to be wiped out by McLaughlin as some have alluded to. He took another step or so after McLaughlin had stopped then left a leg in because he was in the way and won the penalty. However the fact McLaughlin didn't get the ball makes it a easier decision for the ref. If it were the other way round I'd of probably wanted a pen.
Your right but when we say they won a penalty it really implies a 'cheat'

hayes of aberdeen only got a yellow for an out of control 2 footed challenge v st mirren, collum was the referee.

Watched it several times in slo mo it was a dive and a penalty anybody with a modicum of football knowledge can see that
Does this slow-motion happen during a game? Anyone with half a modicum knows it shows a different picture

I have the opinion that Rangers fans on this forum have a modicum of football knowledge. With or without slo mo the guy won the penalty being 'clever' or 'dived' I wouldn't expect any other decision than it's gonny be a penalty I'd want it for us dont see how you have an issue with that.

I have the opinion that Rangers fans on this forum have a modicum of football knowledge. With or without slo mo the guy won the penalty being 'clever' or 'dived' I wouldn't expect any other decision than it's gonny be a penalty I'd want it for us dont see how you have an issue with that.
Rob - it was a penalty. I have more concern as to how he got round Goldson.

No, its a yellow because McLaughlin was making a legitimate attempt to play the ball and you can't get a red and a pen in that scenario. That's the rule.
Thanks for clearing that rule up Tailwind I probably had my swimming glasses on when I thought I saw a Tom Daly dive tbf? ;)

not sure if he got caught but he def made a huge meal out of the dive .booking for Alfie if that was at the other end but WTF was CG doing or thinking .Just clear the fecking thing ffs and the penalty thing doesn't arrive at all .shocking

This is right. He slowed and waited for the challenge. The challenge came whilst trying to play the ball (hence yellow card).

Flip it the other way. If this is our forward, is anyone (anyone) suggesting it's not a penalty?

An opposition player could get karate kicked and some on here would tell you with a straight face it shouldn't have been a penalty.

An opposition player could get karate kicked and some on here would tell you with a straight face it shouldn't have been a penalty.
sweep-the-leg-karate-kid.gif

Clear pen, no sugarcoating it. The ball shouldn’t have bounced. We won the match with a tidy goal and Lundstrum could have made it two if their goalie didn’t make a great save. 6 points clear at the top, not playing the best football but that will come. I would bite your hand off for this position before a ball was kicked this season.

Back