Penalty decisions

Penilee Gers

Just seen highlights of Ross County game and Livingstons penalty award no different imo with the one on Ryan Kent by cadden where he pushes him in the back Livingstons is awarded ours is not i think Walsh decides that he has given us one cant give us a 2nd refereeing by numbers rather than doing the job he is handsomely paid for .

Just seen highlights of Ross County game and Livingstons penalty award no different imo with the one on Ryan Kent by cadden where he pushes him in the back Livingstons is awarded ours is not i think Walsh decides that he has given us one cant give us a 2nd refereeing by numbers rather than doing the job he is handsomely paid for .
nail on head

Two clear penalties, yet we only got one. I’m convinced the only reason we didn’t get the second was because it happened close to the first one. The ref making it up as he goes along again instead of following the rules.

Another thing that annoyed me was the shirt pulling. It’s starting to get on ma tits that referees don’t punish this. Hibs we’re at this the entire game, yet only received one booking for it. It’s not going to stop until refs start applying the law.

On the subject of penalties, I read Maloney screaming about a stonewaller for Hibs, anyone shed on any light on this?:))

If it’s the incident im thinking about in first half, it was actually a foul to us.
Think he was talking about the challenge by Bassey on Porteous in our box as usual Porteous made a meal of it and just the usual robust challenges from corners and free kicks .No penalty imo .

Seen the St.Mirren v St.Johnstone highlights, why was the St.Mirren player not sent off ? He clearly pulls the St.Johnstone players shirt and pen given, i thought no attempt to play the ball was an automatic red ? Oh and St.Mirrens penalty is one of the worst decisions i've seen.

Think he was talking about the challenge by Bassey on Porteous in our box as usual Porteous made a meal of it and just the usual robust challenges from corners and free kicks .No penalty imo .
Agreed it wasn't a penalty but I did find it odd it was given the other way.

On the subject of penalties, I read Maloney screaming about a stonewaller for Hibs, anyone shed on any light on this?:))

If it’s the incident im thinking about in first half, it was actually a foul to us.
He has to deflect as he must be worried about his job.

He has to deflect as he must be worried about his job.
Iam surprised he did,nt come out all guns blazing and say we should have scored 4 or 5 as he did at the weekend .Managers vocabulary is very limited after a defeat would love to hear them say we got our arse handed to us on a plate would be refreshing .

We never got the second penalty simply for the fact we are Rangers and there would be the usual outcry.

That was my exact words to the boy last night.

If we hadn’t got the first stonewaller, then I reckon we would have gotten that one. Not that it should work like that but I think he shat it. 2 fouls in the box = 2 penaties, not exactly rocket science.

I think he's talking about Porteous cheating by grabbing hold of Aribo (I think) and trying to make it look as if he was pulled to the ground.

I think he's talking about Porteous cheating by grabbing hold of Aribo (I think) and trying to make it look as if he was pulled to the ground.
Heard this on radio shortbread on the way home.
It was a drool fest as Maloney did the hard done by routine. I was struggling to recall any contentious incidents but they were certainly putting the ”Hibs denied penalty” narrative.

We never got the second penalty simply for the fact we are Rangers and there would be the usual outcry.

it was almost as if Walsh realised he gave us an early penalty, thought ahead to the outcry and decided to give us absolutely nothing the rest of the game whether we merited it or not

Back