Penalty incidents

Athletico Parsnips

Firstly, we didn't deserve the win, however, here goes.
The first call was a clear push on Arfield by Smith. Very soft but when you consider they got a free kick inside thier box for Alfie doing the same to Smith it should have been given.
Second one was a clear trip by Whelan on Arfield. Commentary completely ignored it and called no foul, inferring it was the Hickey challenge we were claiming for.
Clancy is a terrible ref, however this all stems from the years of campaigning by them.
We should have had at least one penalty.

Firstly, we didn't deserve the win, however, here goes.
The first call was a clear push on Arfield by Smith. Very soft but when you consider they got a free kick inside thier box for Alfie doing the same to Smith it should have been given.
Second one was a clear trip by Whelan on Arfield. Commentary completely ignored it and called no foul, inferring it was the Hickey challenge we were claiming for.
Clancy is a terrible ref, however this all stems from the years of campaigning by them.
We should have had at least one penalty.
You are certainly on the money with the second.
It had nothing to do with Hickey, the foul was the first challenge which was a clear trip that sent Arfield hurtling out of control into the young fullback.
If the fullback hadn't been there, all we would have seen was a trip on a player taking the ball past his opponent in the penalty box.
It was a penalty every day of the week in my opinion.
But we shouldn't have needed this in a game against such a poor opponent.

You’re right about the commentary on the second one. The shout was definitely against Maclean and he did take Arfield out. To be honest though Arfield was never getting to the ball he had made a dick out of his first touch. Tough one, I want it but would be arguing if we got one against us

I'll be honest I'm not sure about either. First looked like Arfield may have lost his footing and made it look like a push and the second I couldn't tell either way from the replays.

In general ref was fine today but Arfield 1H was a foul yes . Also for me the best call was Berra on Goodson 2H but ref awarded against Connor which I didn’t see a reason for .

In general ref was fine today but Arfield 1H was a foul yes . Also for me the best call was Berra on Goodson 2H but ref awarded against Connor which I didn’t see a reason for .

the corner before it Berra was all over Goodson, nothing given. Next corner they were both at it. Free kick to Hearts.

it’s not bias though it’s just what we see every week in every match.

2nd one is a penalty, makes no attempt to do anything but impedes Arfield. Theres quite a few things that should be penalties up here that are never given though so cant complain really that it wasn't given, that needs taken up with the referees as a whole. There's a outright refusal to clean up the game up here and that's a big part of why the national team and clubs outwith the of are so shite in Europe because big plodders are preferred over good technical footballers

The second one on first look seemed not as the defender couldn't exactly get out of the way

On replay, the other hearts defender actually takes out Arfield who then careers into defender 2

Clear penalty for me

Neither were pens you are clutching at straws we basically underperformed we missed jack big time Stewart the past 2 league games has been as good a player as any and he was dropped to the bench tav had a nightmare which is coming a common thing now and has to be dropped he has dropped katic for less in the past

Clancy is away to the chapel to celebrate his team back on level terms.
Expect nothing from him he is the new Thomson.

I didn't think either were penalties tbh. We can't look back on that game today and say we were robbed.

I thought Clancy was poor today, particularly regards bookings. He booked Morelos and Clare for petulance but allowed the big lad up front to scream in his face and at the AR a few minutes before. He and Clare were fortunate to finish the game imo. Alfie's one was particularly soft imo.

That being said I didnt think there was much in the penalty incidents. Sutton actually made the point that if Arfield went down, he probably gets the pen. I'd rather we didnt resort to that though.

Clare should have been off for his foul on Barisic. Already on a booking

15 mins to go would have ensured Hearts would have been penned in their own box for the remainder of the game

I thought Clancy was poor today, particularly regards bookings. He booked Morelos and Clare for petulance but allowed the big lad up front to scream in his face and at the AR a few minutes before. He and Clare were fortunate to finish the game imo. Alfie's one was particularly soft imo.

That being said I didnt think there was much in the penalty incidents. Sutton actually made the point that if Arfield went down, he probably gets the pen. I'd rather we didnt resort to that though.

You’d rather a player didn’t go down when fouled to win a penalty?

I can’t agree with you on that

A huge problem of ours is that we aren’t street wise enough. Teams do it to us all the time.

Only Morelos is really wise to go down with ease and make an issue of it. I wish our full team done it

You’d rather a player didn’t go down when fouled to win a penalty?

I can’t agree with you on that

A huge problem of ours is that we aren’t street wise enough. Teams do it to us all the time.

Only Morelos is really wise to go down with ease and make an issue of it. I wish our full team done it

Yes, I'd rather our players didn't cheat mate and as said I didnt think there was enough in it to constitute a foul anyway. In fact if you read the Man Utd thread you'll see I think that about every footballer, not just Rangers players. It was good to see the cheating Liverpool player to be shown up for what he is today, just a pity they wont take further action against him. It's ruining the game (for me anyway)

I remember years ago, Andy Walker talked about the art of 'winning penalties'. He was absolutely slaughtered for it, but now everyone just accepts that it's ok to do it. As for Alfie, he gets booted up and down the park, he doesn't really need to make that much of a big deal about it, although he obviously does anyway.

I have a great picture of Berra with a fist full of Arebo’s Jersey in the box agin it’s a stone wall pen in my book.

Nope, no penalties.
I happen to agree.
The most interesting thing for me was ikpeazu running into Katic from a meter away in out right back area. Foul given, clear obstruction shout the commentary team. Obvious foul and all that.
Where was Katic supposed to go? Disappear up his own arse? Both penalty shouts were more a foul than some of the other shit Hearts got away with.
Throwing themselves all over the place.

If those penalties are given against us in a big game, we'd picket outside the SFA. As soft as they come.

whether you think either or both were or were not penalties
really need to separate performance & decisions in here

the fact that we were terrible should have no bearing on your opinion on a decision
if the Hearts CB picked up the ball in the box, handed it to the keeper & the ref didn't give a penalty - would people say "ah but we were shite so it doesn't matter"

happens with more clear cut wrong decisions as well

we can both be shite & be "robbed" at the same time

Clancy had one of his better games today ....he was poor rather than shocking.
Still didn't book hearts big striker after a warning pointing out several offences to him then allowing him to commit 3 more fouls after the warning. Yes he was poor but I suppose it was better than his usual cheating performance.

Back