People actually want Gerrard gone

I’m still on board with the gaffer and his back room staff,I’m still buying their vision,are they open to criticism,certainly and at times like last night defending,questions can be asked,but we are still a building process and 5 months into a new chapter.

WATP

I’m still on board with the gaffer and his back room staff,I’m still buying their vision,are they open to criticism,certainly and at times like last night defending,questions can be asked,but we are still a building process and 5 months into a new chapter.

WATP
same here, gotta give him 3transfer windows, folk need patience and faith, rebuilding takes time, couple key players in jan an we'll be fine NO SURRENDER

I want him to stay but he's not helping himself to he honest, some of his choices are weird, his subs annoy me to no end.

There is a percentage of our support, and you can see a lot of it on here, whose views are so shortsighted and downright ignorant. To be honest if I was Admin I would delete a lot of the venom on here, often about our own.

Yes, think about it, lets get rid of Gerrard, lets add to our£14 million loss, sack the lot of the backroom staff, lets get another 15 players in, lets start all over again with a new manager, as we did this season, and the last, and the one before that. Honestly, are they fecking mad?

The Rangers board and everyone need to be patient, need to give this manager time. It is not easy our opponents have had years opf Champions League money (though they may need that and more very soon), a settled squad. You may have to settle for second place this year, hopefully improve again next year, but if you call yourself a supporter, you accept the blows, criticise yes, but constructively, and keep supporting.

Unfortunately I am preaching to a section who will never do that, I hate that part of the Rangers support, I really do.

Steven Gerrard is going no where, and for that reason I am delighted. The Russian Champions beat us 4-3 In their own back yard. Think where we have been.

Gerrard IS the right man for the job, he has had ONE transfer window FFS. Let's judge time when he has managed to spend a bit of cash on attacking reinforcements probably in the summer now as can't see big outlay in January.

If there is people wanting him gone they must have very short memories. We are holding our own in Europe against some really really good teams. Remember we used to travel around fuckin junior parks playing all the dross of the day??

Let's just get behind him the guy is taking the club back to where it should be, it was never going to happen over night.
Spartak are not the Russian champions. They were there for the taking last night but once again huge individual errors have cost us. It's extremely frustrating. Gerrard rotates far too much in my opinion and, as a result, we look very shaky at the back. Katic looks a shell of the player we all saw a couple of months ago for example.

Still, delighted with the progress made so far but last night left me absolutely fuming.

You are right mate. Isn’t it funny how a week ago we were all on here telling Gerrard that the domestic games are more important than the Europa, and now that we have narrowly lost an away Europa game, half of us are bitching about it. We are both the greatest and worst football fans in the world...lol :)
This place is full of bi polar moon howlers mate, its unreal.

Has anyone actually seen or heard anyone else in real life actually say this?

No. What a shite thread.

Spartak are not the Russian champions. They were there for the taking last night but once again huge individual errors have cost us. It's extremely frustrating. Gerrard rotates far too much in my opinion and, as a result, we look very shaky at the back. Katic looks a shell of the player we all saw a couple of months ago for example.

Still, delighted with the progress made so far but last night left me absolutely fuming.

We've played nearly 30 games in 3 months, he's got to rotate players.

He needs another transfer window.
He’s had a look at the league now and should understand the quality required to compete, and he’s also had a chance to look at his own players in terms of ability, mental resilience and attitude, so should know who he can rely on, and who is not going to deliver.

I said when he signed on in the summer once we had played all the teams in the league twice we would know if we had someone who had the makings of a good manager on our hands or not.

So far I would say he looks promising, but not necessarily spectacular.

Folk need to get a grip on the reality of where we are right now.
In my opinion we could and should have beaten Spartak last night, we were capable of winning but defensive lapses cost us the game.
As a Club and as playing squad we are in a far better position than we were at the end of last season, but we are not yet the finished article.
The result last night is a marker for Gerrard to know what still needs to be sorted out regarding the squad and how we should be playing.
Gerrard is definitely the man for the job.

Qualifying for the group stages was a big achievement for us so these games should basically be a free hit for Gerrard.

We've played nearly 30 games in 3 months, he's got to rotate players.

Does he have to change the CB pairing every 2-3 games though?

I genuinely think that it one of our bigger problems which impacts the rest of the team and, on the face of it, seems easy to address.

We’ve gone from a real solid foundation at the back to (McGregor aside) extremely shaky in the space of a couple of months.

No Rangers supporter with an opinion worth listening to wants Gerrard gone.

We lost 4-3 last night in a match we should clearly have taken at least a point from. In Moscow. To be disappointed at that after a great unbeaten run in Europe is a measure of the progress we have made under Gerrard. Perspective has to be applied here. The sense of entitlement from some is appalling.

Yes we’ll make mistakes, it’s a team being rebuilt and a manager only a few months into his first job.

But Gerrard is clearly a top professional with the right ideas and the desire / ambition to succeed. He will get it right and I want him to get it right at Rangers not elsewhere. We have to back him through the lows as well as highs and frankly, being where we are this morning in terms of still having all to play for in the Europa League, is still a high!

Read a post earlier that said Gerrard is a zip chew away from being the new Murty.

Folk acting like losing 4-3 away in Russia is a shocking result are almost certainly thick as %^*& as well as having short memories.
I saw that one too. That poster had to be trolling, right?

Im not sure, 4-3 away against a very strong team, when we were robbed out of a perfectly good goal isn't laughable. We made some bad errors as did they, both teams got punished.

Is there ever a respectable way to lose a game? Ive seen us batter teams and not score yet this board says its laughable.
I think laughable is overused as much as embarrassing on here. Usually by simpletons with absolutely no concept of what either word means, or perspective.

Only takes a defeat for the mouth frothing moonhowlers in the support to appear out the woodwork spouting all manner of nonsense.
I disagree, sir.

It doesn't even take a draw for the moonhowlers - we beat Hamilton 4-1, and they started appearing with increasing regularity. Usually the same folk who would tell us that 'we need to learn how to win ugly' but when we do, it's unacceptable.

We knew he would be learning on the go. As long as he is learning from mistakes then people need to unbunch their panties.

I do have concerns as to why he sees the game needs changed but doesnt sub when he really should. If he doesnt see it then that is a problem. I wonder if he keeps faith with players because he's teaching them too and hopes they see it and change it on the park.

Back