People actually want Gerrard gone

At least this thread brings some sanity after some of the shite posted on here tonight. I genuinely don't think some have the stomach to support Rangers this day in age. Newsflash, any Rangers side in our illustrious history could have gone to Moscow and suffered at defeat.

Jesus H Christ on a bike!

I’m as pissed off about the result as anyone, but only gobshites or yahoo’s would be calling for Gerrard’s head.

He’ll know what’s wrong and will have a plan to fix it. Unfortunately, it will probably take a couple of transfer windows to replace our entire dogshit defence, whose only saving grace at this point is “they’re not as bad as last year”.

The manner in which we lose games is absolutely laughable. I think it stems from that. Make no mistake, if we fail to beat Motherwell on Sunday massive pressure will start to build.

No, it won't. You may like it to but it won't. At least, not from the Board and the majority of the support. We haven't invested in SG to dump him after one-third of the season.

The so called fans wanting Gerrard gone will be the same type of fans who wanted Souness gone after our 3:2 defeat to Dundee United in his first season.

The manner in which we lose games is absolutely laughable. I think it stems from that. Make no mistake, if we fail to beat Motherwell on Sunday massive pressure will start to build.

Only real pressure will be what he puts on himself. He's going nowhere......thank fu(k.

Buddy how many seasons has Gerrard played at a high level in midfield but people like you think you know better than him about substition and picking squads, and that a couple of floofy substitutions would have us top of the league when that's clearly not the case. It's a bit delusional
I am not saying I know better than him. Just pointed out a few errors we all know he has made,
1. To back my point that we cannot have blind faith
2. To back my point he is a rookie and needs time to learn.
Call that delusional if you wish.

Caixinha would have us top of the group and Warburton’s knowledge of pitch geography would have seen us take five off Spartak away.

Nurse, nurse the voices are back, I’ve lost my meds.

Steven Gerrard is going no where, and for that reason I am delighted. The Russian Champions beat us 4-3 In their own back yard. Think where we have been.

Gerrard IS the right man for the job, he has had ONE transfer window FFS. Let's judge time when he has managed to spend a bit of cash on attacking reinforcements probably in the summer now as can't see big outlay in January.

If there is people wanting him gone they must have very short memories. We are holding our own in Europe against some really really good teams. Remember we used to travel around fuckin junior parks playing all the dross of the day??

Let's just get behind him the guy is taking the club back to where it should be, it was never going to happen over night.

Yep.

Let that sink in.

Madness.

Our support are fickle as %^*&. 80%of here and twitter dont attend games.
Our biggest issue is our over entitled and expectant suppor
Seen someone on Twitter call him Pedro with a Scouse accent.

Jesus wept

Will it %^*& start to build, you utter utter throbber.... its cvnts like you that %^*& me off the most...Hysterical fannies, overreacting to %^*& all. Get yourself tae %^*& with pish like this.

I am fucking sick of fannies like you polluting this site and i will happily take the ban.

It's moot point tbh. The club have invested so much in Gerrard, his backroom team and the changes at the training ground there's no way he's going anywhere.

He's putting far too much faith in certain players for me, that's his biggest weakness. That covers selection and not changing them.

He changes the team a fair bit but there are 3-4 players that seem to always play and none of them are in any sort of form.

No, it won't. You may like it to but it won't. At least, not from the Board and the majority of the support. We haven't invested in SG to dump him after one-third of the season.

It's a results business. Far superior managers than Gerrard have lost their job early into their tenure. It simply comes down to winning games. We need to go on a run domestically.

Will it %^*& start to build, you utter utter throbber.... its cvnts like you that %^*& me off the most...Hysterical fannies, overreacting to %^*& all. Get yourself tae %^*& with pish like this.

I am fucking sick of fannies like you polluting this site and i will happily take the ban.

Don't ban this man. We are all frustrated tonight. I don't quite understand your post though in all honesty.

I get the concern for the poor domestic form but you can’t have a go at SG for his Euro record.

In what way? Genuine interest here...in what ways has new manager shown he's the man? What areas?
I see huge learning process still to be undertaken, and a jury still out on whether he'll be a top class coach.
Entirely in agreement. Earlier in season there were some great results in qualifying, followed up by some solid results in group stages.

This has been interspersed with some abject domestic results.

We don’t have enough evidence yet to tell us that Stevie G will get it right, or end up following previous managers out the door.

I think what is certain, is that he’s giving everything he’s got to us. He hurts when we hurt. Liverpool legend but he now bleeds red white and blue.

Has he got the talent at his disposal to stop the rotten mob’s run? Debatable, though I think not.

With the right talent, has he got the managerial nous to derail them? I genuinely think he has, but that’s simply an opinion.

Will he get the funding to allow him to build a team take on Rodgers on a level playing field?

I truly don’t know. If he does, then I think he could succeed. If he doesn’t, then it’s likely the handicap will prove too much.

The problem is:
Just how much more money can we expect the board to fork out? They’ve already done stellar work in taking us to this position. However, is it realistic to expect more?

The expectations of the support, and in particular the need to see the ten in a row derailed, is more and more becoming the only thing that matters to them.

All of this leads to, in my humble opinion, the expectation being thrust on to the shoulders of SG being unrealistic.

Yep.

Let that sink in.

Madness.

Our support are fickle as %^*&. 80%of here and twitter dont attend games.
Our biggest issue is our over entitled and expectant suppor

Doubt anyone who actually attends games wants him gone.

Just the saddos that live in their own little reality world.

I wouldn’t be surprised but anybody who thinks tearing it up on the back of a 4-3 loss away In Europe needs a headcheck. We need more real quality and thankfully SG has us in a place after one window where we can now look to add quality rather than quantity. Tearing it up and going for a new manager will mean going for quantity again. Europe has been a distraction but nobody could say they expected us to get where we are. We’re there imo because SG knows euro competition which is even more of a reason to allow him time to get to know more about Scottish domestic football although I think we’d be better here without the euro distraction.

Nope. No one better imo. We cant change manager every year. We need to back him. Its still very early doors. Anything could happen

Give's peace. The guy is allowed his opinion.

Im not sure, 4-3 away against a very strong team, when we were robbed out of a perfectly good goal isn't laughable. We made some bad errors as did they, both teams got punished.

Is there ever a respectable way to lose a game? Ive seen us batter teams and not score yet this board says its laughable.

Anyone who doesn’t support SG knows f*ck all about Football.

He’s a winner and already has transformed the team. He’s also learning each day and I have no doubt he will continue to build a strong team.

We need to back him 100% as he is a class act in every way.

Any Rangers supporter who wants Gerrard gone should follow their own advice and be gone. The absolute disgrace of a so called team he took over and to be sittng in the europa league after 1 transfer window is unreal Steven Gerrard is doing an amazing job, we will only get better!

I have 100% faith in the management team and cant wait untill they shut the doubters up again.

Just to add another thing anyone who doubts this squad and managment team check back a few yrs ago and check the difference.

Im not sure, 4-3 away against a very strong team, when we were robbed out of a perfectly good goal isn't laughable. We made some bad errors as did they, both teams got punished.

Is there ever a respectable way to lose a game? Ive seen us batter teams and not score yet this board says its laughable.

We lost a game after taking the lead not once, not twice but three times against a team who are in complete disarray. We conceded 2 goals within the space of 60 seconds. Every goal was caused by laughably poor defending. I could use many adjectives to describe how bad that was.

We lost a game after taking the lead not once, not twice but three times against a team who are in complete disarray. We conceded 2 goals within the space of 60 seconds. Every goal was caused by laughably poor defending. I could use many adjectives to describe how bad that was.
The poor defending isn't up fof debate. But despite that we deserved to go in at half time 4-2 up. Our attack delivered the goals and individual errors cost us. We certainly can hold our heads up

I have heard this also. I will criticise when I think he gets things wrong and speak up about it, but I knew when we appointed him that there would be mistakes, he is making them. To me this season is a freebie for him (within reason) and he has went above expectations so far, league form needs to improve but confident it will.

The poor defending isn't up fof debate. But despite that we deserved to go in at half time 4-2 up. Our attack delivered the goals and individual errors cost us. We certainly can hold our heads up

I see it as a huge opportunity missed. The wrongly disallowed goal without question had a huge impact on the game, however it's still a game we should manage better and at worse come away with a point.

Bit harsh? I wouldn’t disagree with a slightly less harsh version tbh.

Results business and his results are shite

If his trend continues he will be rolling eggs in Liverpool

A reality check is needed for a lot of our support!

tonight means nothing really. its just good to be back in europe. Sundays game massive

You are right mate. Isn’t it funny how a week ago we were all on here telling Gerrard that the domestic games are more important than the Europa, and now that we have narrowly lost an away Europa game, half of us are bitching about it. We are both the greatest and worst football fans in the world...lol :)

The Tim’s in here will say this shit in a roundabout way... time for a monthly fee membership, all money goes to Erskine, let the freaks pay for the privilege..

These people are a cancer who are an enemy of Rangers and only serve to disrupt and hinder our progress. We’ll never get anywhere if we don’t bring a level of standards to our support because we have a much bigger part to play than most of us realise.

The amount of manufactured idiots Glasgow produces is incredible and it’s infuriating how some of them manage to attach my club to their fucking warped outlook.

Idiots.

We’re tantalisingly close to being a really good team, injuries and suspensions have been killing us. We’re about 3-4 players short which will be remedied over the next two transfer windows. Gerrard is making a few mistakes as you’d expect from a rookie manager but they’re hardly sacking offences. All going according to plan in my eyes and optimistic for next season especially.

Back