People leaving at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy a row infront of me goes with his wee boy Boy. His wee boy must be no older than 8 he said he has to leave early for the midweek games as he dowsnt get home till about 11:30 its too late for his son. Theres other reasons sometimes other than thinking everyone just wants to f.ck off back to the louden which is the usual chant on these threads

wooft, could have done with a wee bit more imagination for his son's name

For a lot of guys, and not just in our own support, I have mates who support other teams that do it - the football is just a sideshow to the main event of getting pished.

My mate who's a Dundee United fan is honest enough to say that if he told his missus he was going out to the pub for six hours on a Saturday afternoon she would moan like %^*& but if he says he's away to the football she seems to be more accommodating.

Used to baffle me when I was at away games when we were in the lower leagues that loads of guys would %^*& off sometimes even before half time to the nearest shite pub. Spending hours on a bus to somewhere like Montrose just to watch 45 minutes of football and try and neck as many pints as possible in an hour before getting back on the bus for another 3 and a half hours.

Some people use the football as a social occasion and count down the minutes until they can leave and go to the pub. When you on the supporters buses you'll find the same people leaving early and going to the pub every week. It's a small minority but it's always been the same.

I used to get annoyed about it, but as I get older I realise people have other time pressures on their lives, health issues, family commitments etc.As long as they’ve paid their money to get in , it’s up to them how long they stay.

I wish the c unt along from me would leave at half time.

Four or five fucking times every game he's off for a pie, a pish or a puff.

In all my near years of watching Rangers I have never left my seat during play, not once.
This fucking itchy arsed Knobend does it every fucking 20 minutes.
Good name for a play... A pie., a pish or a puff. Starring Knobend.
Seriously I get where your coming from. Only time I leave my seat is just b4 halftime for a pish.

It's really not baffling at all, you have a few pints and suddenly feel in the mood for more and end up just staying in the pub or going back early.

Would be a bit daft if you done it every single game but I have done it on a few occasions over the years.
It surely is baffling if you are paying for season tickets (and away tickets) then deciding to stay in the boozers and get pished?

Some people seem to take no actual enjoyment out of the supporting a football team aspect of being a Rangers supporter. I'm sure there was a poll on here once and as much as it was probably people trying to break the staunchometer, a large amount said they had no interest in football beyond Rangers. I think it's blatantly obvious when you read a lot of the opinions on here and hear them in the ground that it's true. For a lot of the younger (and some of the older) crowd, it's the warm up or just something in beteween either side of the Saturday/Sunday drinking session.

I don’t blame folk leaving after 80 mins. Why the hell should they stay interested when the team are playing as if they are not interested. People are paying good money and it’s unacceptable the way the team performed in the second half.

I dunno, to maybe encourage the team to push on for the win with 10 minutes to go?

Wild notion I know...

it was worse on thursday lots came into the louden at half time dont know about today i was in the other louden , i dont understand why you would leave at half time or near the end

it was worse on thursday lots came into the louden at half time dont know about today i was in the other louden , i dont understand why you would leave at half time or near the end
Are people allowed outside to smoke these days? I wonder how much of it is actually indicative of a pretty poor relationship with either alcohol or nicotine.

It’s been happening for decades, nothing new, some supporters love a swally and will go to the pub if they feel like a pint, my old supporters bus was rife with it, especially at away games, a lot of the time they never made the game and just stayed in the boozers.

It’s utterly baffling and bordering on idiocy but there you go.
Probably enjoyed a day away from the Wife :rolleyes:

For a lot of guys, and not just in our own support, I have mates who support other teams that do it - the football is just a sideshow to the main event of getting pished.

My mate who's a Dundee United fan is honest enough to say that if he told his missus he was going out to the pub for six hours on a Saturday afternoon she would moan like %^*& but if he says he's away to the football she seems to be more accommodating.

Used to baffle me when I was at away games when we were in the lower leagues that loads of guys would %^*& off sometimes even before half time to the nearest shite pub. Spending hours on a bus to somewhere like Montrose just to watch 45 minutes of football and try and neck as many pints as possible in an hour before getting back on the bus for another 3 and a half hours.

This is true. I was on the train down to London today sat next to a couple of Spurs fans. Kickoff was 4:30 but they were on the 10:30 train to get a session in beforehand. Said they'd be lucky if they remembered the game.

Scotland is drug and alcohol fuelled cesspit. My wife struggles with alcohol addiction and I've basically became an alcoholic just trying to keep up with her. She's been off the weed for 18 months though so that's a start.

500_F_112721568_tK9BBc0xBpS6CRc5y4Fn0W3N8aS4daGN.jpg

^ The image I have in my mind whenever someone mentions the time another person leaves the game, mainly the '' Subway Loyal ''.

I had my 6 year old Grandson in today. He has issues with noise and crowds. I left in 60 minutes with him to avoid him being upset. I normally stay, win, lose or draw till the end. Anyone any issues with me leaving early?

Was in the wee rangers before the match (I wasn’t going) and the amount of folk that had tickets but didn’t go was unbelievable. Headed down to the louden at about 10 minutes and the crowds coming out then was shocking. Each to there own.

I left at 80 mins at the Dunfermline game.
Went straight to the game in the car from work.
Had been offshore for 3 weeks and hadn't seen the wife.
3 hours sleep in 30 hrs and didn't want to get caught up in traffic.

What shocked me was buses were leaving as i got my car and i ran a bit from Ibrox to the Imax where i was parked.

I noticed that on Thursday night.

I left the Copland at the final whistle and got out onto Fairley St really quickly and there were supporters buses already packed up and on the move.

Couldn’t figure out how that could be possible.

I don’t usually leave early, if I do it’s maybe just nicking away in injury time if we’re winning, but I had to leave early on Thursday (nightshift) and again yesterday to take my dad who was also at the game to the airport - ended up sitting in the traffic and missing his flight.

Now paranoid about what the folk around me are thinking because the guy behind me loudly slates the guy who sits next to me behind his back after he leaves at 75 minutes every week!

I left at 75 mins with my 6 year old yesterday but only because he had Rangers training at 545 in Milngavie and I didn't want to risk being stuck in traffic. Going by the traffic thread I think I made the right choice. I've never left before full time before but on this occasion I felt it was necessary.

Just before the game we were told one half of the tube was down.

Added to that, Unbelievably, in 2021, the last train from Scotland on a Sunday to England is 17.30 from central station.

I'm just in the door 5hrs after I left Ibrox

What time is exceptable to leave?
Scores of people leaving is not noticeable, thousands is and is embarrassing. I left the stadium 5 mins after full time, walked along to cessnock with 2 6 year olds and still got back to St George's cross at 5:45 pm so your subway argument doesn't wash

I can't understand why people get so upset about others leaving the football early for whatever reason. Quite frankly it's nobodies business but their own.

I also can't understand why people come on to these numerous threads on the subject to explain and defend why they may have left early to anonymous moaners on FF.

I don’t get why folk get worked up by this they have given the club the money and can go when they like. When a last min winner goes in and you stay that’s your reward and their loss and penalty for leaving.
Honestly everyone different and it just pisses some people off

But in my case near impossible to get 3 tickets to gather for me and my kids people if they leave regularly at half time to go to the pub just give ticket up and stay in the pub to watch game and let people get tickets together

Was walking up Helen Street just before Asda and a full bus went past heading down the way. Can only imagine the folk on the bus are instructed they must leave the match early. Fùck going on that bus.

Last edited:
Should have to swipe your season ticket to get out early. That way the club could take MyGers off you
Raises a good point are people only going in now because of the my gers points then leaving as soon as they can

Where as previously would have just stayed in pub

Sometimes drive straight back to Down South, sometimes do an overnight stay. One of these is when I leave 10 minutes early and it’s nothing to do with getting a bevvy obviously! also when a guy who is steaming leaves early I’m normally grateful rather than annoyed!

I leave my seat at a half time now and again for a number of reasons.

Usually its when one of my mates text me to say there is a seat next to them, so I hop a long a few sections and sit there.

Yesterday I had the worst hangover in the world and decided rather than sit there suffering I was leaving, via the Louden for a curer.

Do I give a shit what anyone thinks? You guess for yourselves.

If I want to go for a beer at half time I do and no amount of super fans will stop that.
I wouldn’t leave a game like yesterday early, I stayed until the final whistle.

However, I left the Dunfermline game at half time to go to the pub so I’m not in a position to criticise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back