People leaving at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Past caring now,I just keep watching the game and ignore them,The place does look ghostly at full time after a bad result when there is only 3 or 4 thousand left in the stadium.

Past caring now,I just keep watching the game and ignore them,The place does look ghostly at full time after a bad result when there is only 3 or 4 thousand left in the stadium.
Not sure it’s ever down to that level. I never leave the ground early but I do move up the back towards the exit to watch the injury time, as do many others.

Scores of people leaving is not noticeable, thousands is and is embarrassing. I left the stadium 5 mins after full time, walked along to cessnock with 2 6 year olds and still got back to St George's cross at 5:45 pm so your subway argument doesn't wash
I stated we'd been informed Subway was down.
Subway issue was fixed - I didn't know that had happened until I rocked up at Ibrox station?

Would you have made the 5.30 train at Central leaving when you did, risking being stuck with your 2 6yr olds 250 mile from home?

The mad guy behind me turns up hammered for every game and leaves at half-time if we're winning and at around the 60 minute mark if we're not

Not sure it’s ever down to that level. I never leave the ground early but I do move up the back towards the exit to watch the injury time, as do many others.
Probably more than that,I can’t see all of the stadium from my seat but it’s not a good look.

I stated we'd been informed Subway was down.
Subway issue was fixed - I didn't know that had happened until I rocked up at Ibrox station?

Would you have made the 5.30 train at Central leaving when you did, risking being stuck with your 2 6yr olds 250 mile from home?
As I said above, there are scores of folk with genuine reasons to leave that bit earlier, yourself included. My issue is with folk who leave early when we are trying to win a game so they can get home to watch Emmerdale or go for an extra pint. I get it when the game is done but not when we are trying to get a winner.

I had to miss a game v Livi a few years back as was going to a gig at the SEC. Well, I could have went but (ironically) would have had to leave at HT - so just gave my ticket on.

Happened to drive past Ibrox en-route and couldn't believe how many were leaving at what would have been HT/ early 2nd half. I know of a couple of guys on my bus that sometimes chuck it if the game's poor but that was a real eye-opener. Especially considering that we won 3 or 4-0 in the end.

Fans have always left early - in the days of all standing it just wasn't noticed and in fact a bit after half time the doors could b open a number would actually get in! When I was in main stand during 9in a row there was a guy beside us who we calculated one season missed a dozen goals leaving to avoid the 'traffic'

I’m going to have to start leaving early instead of staying to the final whistle.
I’m up the back of the BR and it takes 15-20 to get out, last on the bus yesterday and it parks at Helen st ffs.

One 'good' thing about the early leavers, when things are going wrong, is the subway queue isn't very long
Normally, go to the Louden until the queue dies down.
Yesterday the queue hadn't even reached as far back as the chippie.

Underground half shut.
Closes at 6 on a sunday.
Trains on strike.
Roads rammed or closed completely.

I can understand people leaving early yesterday.
The thread about the crash in Langbank has fans taking 3 hours to get to Erskine!

I left at the final whistle which was 96 minutes yesterday, bus arrived in Cairnryan at 7pm for the 7.30pm boat. European matches leave at full time and still make the midnight boat. Your traffic excuses are frankly ballix, seen a few people with mobility issues leaving only a few minutes early while young healthy males left in their droves long before to either go for a beer or surrender themselves to their wives! The elderly gentleman with mobility problems who left at 88 minutes and needed help getting up the steps put you all to shame.

A certain % of supporters love the bevvy more than they love Rangers.

Some probably use football as an excuse/cover for heavy drinking.

It's a disease - its not often cured by staunchness.

It is much much worse at Rangers than any match I've been to outside Glasgow.

It is fairly obvious to be fair. Wasn’t old people or people with young kids, it was groups of guys in their 30s and 40s walking towards underground/ louden. As I said I thought the off person would leave at half time but i suprised just how many people and that was just the direction I could see

I got into The Louden about 5 mins after full time and it was actually pretty quiet so they didn't all go there

Underground half shut.
Closes at 6 on a sunday.
Trains on strike.
Roads rammed or closed completely.

I can understand people leaving early yesterday.
The thread about the crash in Langbank has fans taking 3 hours to get to Erskine!
Rarely leave games early but often move seat for second half etc so people must think I patch the games constantly

Yesterday, however, I left around 10min early to beat the traffic as I had stuff to sort at home. I was on the road just as injury time had started and made it home 2hours earlier than the bus I go on. No brainier really

I left eary once in 30 years of going to games.
Missed Richard Goughs scrambled equaliser v Them and Graeme Roberts conducting the Copland road.
I often leave a few mins early if we are winning comfortably or losing by a couple. Ie Lyon. I couldn't care less what random strangers think about this to be honest.

Would never leave a game like yesterday early though unless I genuinely had to be somewhere else.

Folk leaving at 80 mins was embarrassing, my 6 year old asked me why folk were leaving so early
cGc0tci.jpg

2 mates i went to lyon game with left at ht for pub. 1 doesnt remember me dropping him at house. 40 quid a ticket to then do my brains in on way home. He'll no be back with me anytime soon.

Ha w
Not a bashing thread but more of an observation. At half time I looked out the window of club72 and couldn’t believe how many people were walking towards the louden. Easily 1000 plus left. I know people leave early but was shocked at home many left at half time. Groups of 4/5 clearly just going for pints
Whilst you and me stayed in club 72,clearly for the pints

This is bad enough, but it's the morons who can't read a row and seat number off a ticket that get me. Some are 100 seats away in the club deck.
There were a few boys in CD yesterday who will barely remember being there too.

This is bad enough, but it's the morons who can't read a row and seat number off a ticket that get me. Some are 100 seats away in the club deck.
There were a few boys in CD yesterday who will barely remember being there too.
See this all the time in the club deck although club doesn’t help with two different numbers on some seats.

Not a bashing thread but more of an observation. At half time I looked out the window of club72 and couldn’t believe how many people were walking towards the louden. Easily 1000 plus left. I know people leave early but was shocked at home many left at half time. Groups of 4/5 clearly just going for pints

I'm the same. I don't have a dig or anything, it's up to them, but its weird when the game looked like it could have went either way.

I've left a few games every now and then but not when it is still in the balance.

Would a lot of this be resolved if they were allowed to sell booze in the stadium?
It’s an interesting idea but it would only cover the half time as there is no way they would allow people to drink at their seats.

to be honest I used to be all for allowing alcohol at seats but the sad fact is that a % Scottish football fans are absolute bangers who can’t be trusted

Leaving at half time is just ridiculous.

You've got to question the mentality.

Not the behaviour of a fan/supporter.

Can't really be interested in football.

I left eary once in 30 years of going to games.
Missed Richard Goughs scrambled equaliser v Them and Graeme Roberts conducting the Copland road.
Ridiculous. It's people like you who left early in that game that give us all a bad name :))

I personally try to get there 4 hours early in case there is a nuclear explosion on the way there and I have to make a detour.

I stay to the end then make sure all the players have left before helping with the washing up and the hoovering.

Last week I forgot to turn the lights off when I left - so no doubt there will be some on complaining I'm part of the subway loyal (the usual ones - the ones with no travel problems, no family, no responsibilities, etc.)

I noticed that on Thursday night.

I left the Copland at the final whistle and got out onto Fairley St really quickly and there were supporters buses already packed up and on the move.

Couldn’t figure out how that could be possible.
Same m8

There will have been a lot of people who traveled up on Saturday for the marches and possibly needed to catch trains etc home

I was 1 of the 1's that left at half time, usually wait to the final whistle. But I was out on Saturday night, had a few on Sunday morning to try and avoid a hangover but during the game started to feel crap and shattered so left to go and get a sleep on the bus but it was locked so went to the bowling club and nursed another beer

Due to a ticket swap I found myself in the Copland front yesterday where I was met with the most repulsive character I have ever witnessed at football, and I've been going for near on 30 year.

I assumed this cretin is a season ticket holder as he seemed to be tolerated by those around him who have clearly never felt brave enough to challenge him on his behaviour. For what its worth i told him to shut up and fuk off but by his reply and his idiot mate I realised I was on a hiding to nothing so left it. I've never been so close to finger pointing a fellow 'Bear' to a steward or Polis.

I'll leave out the specifics of what was coming out the hole in this pricks face but the abuse of our own players was the worst I have witnessed. Never shut up for the entire 45 minutes he blessed us with his presence. A fair amount of his parlance was discussing what he was getting in The Louden at half time.

Anybody who posts on here who sits round about the 100 seat mark in the Copland front will probably know who I mean. Why even go to the game you absolute fud.

Too many see the football as an excuse to get out the house from whatever trouble they have behind close doors and act like a complete weapon when they get there and fuk off to the boozer at half time and act the big noise.

Wanker.

I've never understood anyone leaving before the end. I've witnessed far too many last minute incidents not to stay.

I also never understood the NI guys who staggered into the stadium and promptly fell asleep for the entire 90 min. :D

maybe they were seething because they had nothing to moan about in the first half.

People deciding they had better things to do,I turned my RTV off way before 90 minutes.Never looked like creating a chance,never mind actually scoring.Desprately needing a creater and goal scorer.

People deciding they had better things to do,I turned my RTV off way before 90 minutes.Never looked like creating a chance,never mind actually scoring.Desprately needing a creater and goal scorer.
Maybe these people should decide on the better thing to do and do it before they come to the game and not decide on it halfway through.

You think.
Honestly mate, too many see the football as merely an excuse to get out the house. The game is an inconvenience and they can't wait to fuk off to the boozer. They buy a season ticket cause I'm a pure mad Bear so I am and get to tell their work pals about where they sit and that they watched the big match last night etc. Try engage them in player recruitment or tactics duscussion and they glaze over.

It's not a Rangers supporter phenomenon, its just a thing.

These idiots really don't care about the result or carry a loss with them for days afterwards.

In a way I envy them.

It’s a sad reflection of people in Scotland and alcohol for many it’s all they think about . When is my next pint. Sad but true .

wonder how many would leave early if rangers were allowed to sell alcohol in the ground.

as that doesn’t seem plausible the only way to solve it is to have to scan your ticket to leave and leaving early reduces your 5 mygers points to maybe 2/3. And I await someone saying what if you have to leave for an emergency. Well if it’s an emergency then I would hope 2/3 mygers points was the last thing on your mind

A certain % of supporters love the bevvy more than they love Rangers.

Some probably use football as an excuse/cover for heavy drinking.

It's a disease - its not often cured by staunchness.

It is much much worse at Rangers than any match I've been to outside Glasgow.

My supporters bus had a heavy drinking culture. I think people do not last the game, I do cos despite having a total problem, In my personal life I have an actual interest in the game.

Other people its probably their one big day, I can't judge them. Just seems like leaving a movie or gig halfway through.

It’s a sad reflection of people in Scotland and alcohol for many it’s all they think about . When is my next pint. Sad but true .

wonder how many would leave early if rangers were allowed to sell alcohol in the ground.

as that doesn’t seem plausible the only way to solve it is to have to scan your ticket to leave and leaving early reduces your 5 mygers points to maybe 2/3. And I await someone saying what if you have to leave for an emergency. Well if it’s an emergency then I would hope 2/3 mygers points was the last thing on your mind

You ever thought about running for Prime Minister?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back