People That Change The Team They Support

Rangers through and through,passed from father to sons,my bros take a passing interest in arsenal and city though

I only know one guy that has changed who he supported. Seems to do it quite a lot in fact - however, every time he changes the team he supports he acts like he's always supported them. Between Rangers and Celtic. Just found it weird as %^*&.

I can get why some people might change who they support. Perhaps as they were forced into it at a young age and it never sat well. However, most of us support who we do because of our family members before us. Luckily all of my family were Rangers supports, always have been and always will be.

Being of an older vintage, there were a few glory hunters at school who supported the Mhanks after they won the EC I'm 1967. Most of them saw the light.
I also know there were some started to support the Sheep & Dundee Hibs in the 80s when we were shite.

Wee guy on our bus, about 15 never missed a game pre-admin. Over the summer got his hole off a Bernadette, by the start of the next season had a ticket for the piggery and went on the local Tim bus. Fucking fruitloop

Coming from forfar I knew quite a lot of Dundee Utd,Aberdeen and Dundee fans who became rangers supporters when souness arrived and would wax lyrical about being a true blue and hoping those of us who had been going to Ibrox pre souness would some how forget.
I was at school with amongst the good guys, a very bitter Dundee Hibernian supporter. A few years later I was heading to a league cup final and the bus stopped at a bear friendly established for a refreshment or two. At the pool table was this bitter toerag wearing a Gers top. I did need to remind him of his previous comments about my club and "people like me". His mates were delighted! It's a free country but I'm never impressed with jump the dyke turncoats. Personally, don't want them supporting my club, they don't deserve to support the Gers.

There isn't a person in this world who could change me from being a bear. Even being offered a hump at Natalie sawyer with Jenna Coleman watching in exchange for dropping my allegiance wouldn't change that

The thread about smelly Spiers got me thinking about this the other day. Everybody knows somebody that has changed the team they support, the worst are obviously jump the dykes.

I know of two particular ones that stick in my mind, I actually saw one of them today for the first time in years. Guy number one was ages with me at school, supported the vermin as did his whole family. He moved to Northern Ireland and I was amazed to see he was a Rangers supporter and was actually in a flute band:eek:
Guy number two had an IRA tattoo and supported Celtic, he's now a Rangers supporter.

Now that I think about it, I actually know more than that, a couple that supported Rangers but now support Killie, and one that supported Hibs but now supports the filth.

Obviously everybody is perfectly entitled to do whatever they want but I must admit, I find it incredibly hard to take any of these guys seriously when it comes to football. You have to wonder what goes on in the minds of these guys, for me your team is always your team, it's not something you can just change at the drop of a hat.
Any other examples? The guys I have mentioned don't go to Rangers games but I'm sure there are some that do.

Not real football fans. You can change your partner, your job, your politics....but never your football team

Friend of mine used to live south of England but was an Everton fan. He moved to Scotland and started supporting dunfermline but then realised how keech they were and reverted to Everton. Claims he has always supported the toffees and never changed even though he had a season ticket at East end park. Easy wind up to ask him which team he supports this week

Anybody, no matter what age is entitled to stop supporting the bheggars and support someone else.

How can you criticise someone who one day, looks around his fellow fans and has a moment of clarity. As if by some divine intervention, he finally sees them for what they are. A bunch of smelly, low life scum. With their anti-british, pro-irish agenda, who can blame any right thinking individual for wanting to remove himself from that mess.

Obviously, anyone who goes the other way and starts supporting that mob is an utter cvnt.

Last edited:
Off topic, but I suspect the odious creep has mumsie & daddy issues. His 'behaviour' is self-fulfilling vindication for being a disappointment to his parents. 'Look at me, I'm different, I'm strong, I'm a success in my world.'

I know a couple of guys who jumped the dyke from us to them when they got married, lower than a snakes belly

I had a really good friend who I’d known since primary school like this. We used to go to games together, he had a season ticket in a different part of the ground to me but we’d meet up for a drink before and after in the Rolls Royce club. He even had King Billy tattooed on his lower arm.

Then he got with It. First thing that went was the season ticket, the tattoo was covered up with some Celtic (Keltic) thing and then on his Facebook he posing in a filth top saying it’s what he’s always been and is proud and posting and sharing vile IRA and anti Rangers stuff. I’m glad I have nothing to do with the prick anymore and if our paths meet I’ll simply not acknowledge him.
Jump-the-dykes always seem to be the most bitter for some reason. It's as if they really want to be liked by their so called new friends and have a point to prove.

Literally dozens of guys in my school who the year before had celebrated King Kai's winner, started supporting the scum after they won that cup in 67. Six of them in my class. B*****ds

Couple of mates of mine, one was a big Rangers fan like his Dad (who still is and his lad would go tonto at the games with us) is a bitter as fvck Falkirk fan. Sevco this and hun that. He’s an absolute walloper of a laddie. The other a huge Hearts fan right into his late 20’s, suddenly converted to Falkirk and the same shite spouted from him.

As has been said turncoats are genuinely the worst but in my experience Falkirk fans are the biggest cvnts of them all.

I read something a few years ago saying that you can change your job, your home, your family, your appearance, and even your gender.

But you cannot ever change your team.

Anyone who claims to have changed doesn’t truly understand what it means to support a football team.

Don't understand how any adult can do it.

Surely you can't just start supporting a new team and hope they win?

The thread about smelly Spiers got me thinking about this the other day. Everybody knows somebody that has changed the team they support, the worst are obviously jump the dykes.

I know of two particular ones that stick in my mind, I actually saw one of them today for the first time in years. Guy number one was ages with me at school, supported the vermin as did his whole family. He moved to Northern Ireland and I was amazed to see he was a Rangers supporter and was actually in a flute band:eek:
Guy number two had an IRA tattoo and supported Celtic, he's now a Rangers supporter.

Now that I think about it, I actually know more than that, a couple that supported Rangers but now support Killie, and one that supported Hibs but now supports the filth.

Obviously everybody is perfectly entitled to do whatever they want but I must admit, I find it incredibly hard to take any of these guys seriously when it comes to football. You have to wonder what goes on in the minds of these guys, for me your team is always your team, it's not something you can just change at the drop of a hat.
Any other examples? The guys I have mentioned don't go to Rangers games but I'm sure there are some that do.
Think guy number one only played along with it for an easier time definetly still a rabid IMO.

I simply cannot understand how anyone could do this. Once a Ranger, always a Ranger
I don’t know a single person who has changed away from us or even to us.
In regards to the former, I wouldn’t want to know them any longer.

Although I'm from Ayrshire there was plenty of Aberdeen fans and a few Dundee Utd fans in my school in the early 80s, for obvious reasons. They soon started supporting Rangers when they two stopped winning as many trophies.

I know a guy who supports Scotland and no club team. A wrong 'un in my view as well.

When you ask him what team he supports he says Scotland.

Guy that was in my class at school, was a bear went to games with him. He ‘added’ me on facebook couple years back, I’d not seen him for about 20 years (he moved to USA) he’s now cheering on the sheep from afar and by his postings he’s not fond of us or the union. Unfollowed the cùnt immediately (that’ll teach him)

2 guys I was at school with and went to a few Rangers games with are now motherwell fans. Both would have been nearly 20 when they switched.

Guy I was at school with supported Partick Thistle until they got relegated in the early ‘80s at which point he promptly reinvented himself as a Rangers fan.

I was maybe 12 or 13 at the time and really only went to about a dozen games a year in those days, but when I did, I’d usually bump into him on the way there.

He knew some older guys who went to Ibrox every other week so he was going more often than I was and one day at school we were talking about the last game, which I hadn’t been to, when this kid turns to me and says, “Huh! Call yourself a Rangers fan! I never see you at Ibrox anymore!” to which I replied, “Call yourself a Rangers fan? This time last year I never saw you at Ibrox at all, because you supported Partick Thistle!”

Roond ye!

Anyone who changes the team they support cannot be trusted. It is disloyal and should be seen as an indication of their potential treachery.

Know a few guys who hardly missed a Gers game in the late 90s early 00s. They still support the Gers but unfortunatley have been lured away by the bright lights and glamour of the EPL

I have absolutely no problem with people who see sense and end up supporting Rangers. I know plenty of folk who supported Aberdeen in the 80s, but converted to Rangers after Souness arrived.

As mentioned anyone of high school age or older that switches teams is not to be trusted.
Different if you have a second team in a different country,moreso if you live in said country as well I'd say.

Class myself as a casual Hamburg fan these days,not a supporter just a fan of sorts.Only team I'll ever be a true supporter of is the mighty 'Gers.

About 40% of bears abandoned us in the lower leagues to support their loval teams then have only recently really come crawling back
That's just not true.

One of the founders of this RSC was subjected to repeated attempts at indoctrination when he was very young. Unilaterally resisted it and refused to support anyone except Rangers . He's not really sure why, just an innate feeling about our virtue and their depravity.

I remember sitting in the broomloan rear years ago, I think it was the inter Milan game. Two rows in front was a lad a year older than me who I knew was a thim. He said it was his uncles ticket and he couldn’t make it and he just fancied sampling the atmosphere and supporting a Scottish team in Europe. I found it strange but he was being genuine and this was pre 2012.

I shiver at the thought of doing the same as him at their hovel.

did you manage to see his reaction when Lovenkrands raced through and slipped it past Toldo?

i always remember my firsrt year in kingsridge we all declared ourselvesof course most of us where bluenoses with a couple of mhanks but one guy came out witht tht he was a sheep supporter even as kids we knew that was odd :D
sure enough when we won the leauge(souness) he was all of a sudden a rangers supporter but was promptly told to go do one

The Scottish Man Utd ''fans'' really are the most embarrassing. I'm sure most of us have met one or two of them over the years. I find it hard to take them serious.
When i was at primary school (90s) it was mostly rangers fans, then 2nd would have been man utd! Was 2 brothers who were Celtic fans in a school of about 500

Based on his observation in this thread, starchybarchy72 doesn't seem to have visited Ibrox very often over the last 5 years....if at all.

I know of one. Was at school with him. He was a grade A wanker.

Was a Man Utd fan and suddenly decided to support Bolton. Had zero connection to the greater Manchester area. He said he was bored of supporting a relentlessly successful team

When I was younger i followed arsenal as my English team. Now I’m not that arsed about them. Will now go see my local team Bristol Rovers when I have that live football itch

The Scottish Man Utd ''fans'' really are the most embarrassing. I'm sure most of us have met one or two of them over the years. I find it hard to take them serious.

Oh aye, that’s jogged my memory. Know a boy from Croy. Used to go to airdrieonians regularly as a kid, has some mild Celtic leanings through family but really doesn’t care about us or them, but is apparently a “massive” Man Utd fan (in his own words). No, he’s never been to Manchester

I also met an English guy once who is supposedly a Barcelona fan. Funnily enough, when I met him it was during the season Barcelona spanked Real 5-0 in 2010. Never trusted him when he said Barca were his team

Back