People's understanding of how a sequence of events happen.

Bears72

I am reading a lot of people saying things like " we should have got this free kick or that one & we would have then won against 10 men with Alfie's goal which should have stood"

Do you understand that if we were given a free kick when we were not then an entirely different sequence of events would occur and there is a high probability of that goal that was chopped off not happening. We could have went in to score other chances but we will never know this. This obviously is the case for their winner as well.

I wish we would just come out and blow teams away so we can move on from all this s***e.

I am reading a lot of people saying things like " we should have got this free kick or that one & we would have then won against 10 men with Alfie's goal which should have stood"

Do you understand that if we were given a free kick when we were not then an entirely different sequence of events would occur and there is a high probability of that goal that was chopped off not happening. We could have went in to score other chances but we will never know this. This obviously is the case for their winner as well.

I wish we would just come out and blow teams away so we can move on from all this s***e.

Here's one sequence of events, if they don't get an equaliser from a hand ball the probability is they wouldn't have won

And if we got some decision in the second minute or whatever we may have blown them away. There is no point in denying that incidents, decisions, good play, bad play from everyone there can have a massive butterfly effect.
In a parallel universe we won 5-0 with the same players and tactics.

On the 29th of December 2019, a team got an equaliser from a hand ball and never won the match. I see what you mean

100%.

Not denying for a second the refs are cheating shites, but the worst example of bias this season was at the Piggery, and we still walked out with 3 points. We should have been capable of doing the same to fcking Kilmarnock.

The referees and us playing pish are two separate issues. We can influence one in the team, and the board should be tackling the other.

On the 29th of December 2019, a team got an equaliser from a hand ball and never won the match. I see what you mean

Yes, one game. The sheer fact of the matter is, with the volume of 50/50 decisions that go against us in nearly every game we simply cannot win every game.

Our best teams in the 9 in a row era didn't blow every team away by 2 or more goals every week what makes you think this team is any better/more capable than them?

When game changing decisions constantly go against you it becomes ridiculous.

We won't be allowed to win tight games it's as simple as that

"if they were down to 9 or 10 men, we win the game as they can't sit in as much as they were"

there's a perfect scenario to describe the Kilmarnock game but as usual the ref bottled it either because he's crap or he's scared

Obviously but we can only discuss what did happen in the game not what might have happened in a sliding doors scenario. The idea we shouldn't be critical of the refs decision to chop Alfie's goal off because he already awarded a goal that shouldn't have stood is ludicrous.

Don't know why its so hard to accept that yeah ok we weren't on top form on the night, but refereeing blunders cant just be overlooked, especially the chopping off of Alfies goal. If the goal stands, we would have ground out a result while playing poorly. How many times have you heard the 'That's what champions do' term being rolled out when celtic win ugly.

Do the players and Gerrard have areas we need to improve on? Absolutely. But Beaton was a disgrace on the night and not for the first time.

I believe the OP is referring to the butterfly effect. Saw a film about it once, can't remember what it was called.

I have run various sequence of possible events(what if) in many games.
None of them include instances where Rangers have won by having incorrect game changing decisions by officials.
Against Kilmarnock the following incidents occurred which the officials got wrong.
1. Handball for Killie equaliser.
2. No 2nd yellow for Dicker's blatant dive. As clear as the one he booked Morelos for.
3. No penalty for foul on Morelos.
4. Disallowed good Morelos goal.
5. Kent being taken out when through on goal, no foul or card.

There was not one controversial decision that went in Rangers favour, and at least 5 against them. It is not accidental.

Yeah is a fair point op, have always found it a bit odd.... only thing we do know for sure is that the refs are bent and were never going to let us win the title anyway.

If the ref applies the rules and laws of the game in a fair and impartial manner then we would have won. He didn't.

I have run various sequence of possible events(what if) in many games.
None of them include instances where Rangers have won by having incorrect game changing decisions by officials.
Against Kilmarnock the following incidents occurred which the officials got wrong.
1. Handball for Killie equaliser.
2. No 2nd yellow for Dicker's blatant dive. As clear as the one he booked Morelos for.
3. No penalty for foul on Morelos.
4. Disallowed good Morelos goal.
5. Kent being taken out when through on goal, no foul or card.

There was not one controversial decision that went in Rangers favour, and at least 5 against them. It is not accidental.

You missed the two hand pull back on Tav that’s a booking every single day of the week

100%.

Not denying for a second the refs are cheating shites, but the worst example of bias this season was at the Piggery, and we still walked out with 3 points. We should have been capable of doing the same to fcking Kilmarnock.

The referees and us playing pish are two separate issues. We can influence one in the team, and the board should be tackling the other.

We did mouth to win on Wednesday night, B Aton done Rangers again.

5 points in 2 matches.

Do you mean like, if Celtic hadn’t bullied match officials for decades, we might have more referees calling it as it actually transpires, as opposed to worrying about what Paed fc and the merry band of mungswill do if they give a decision to Rangers?

The last thing that we need is Bearsplaining.

Do you mean like, if Celtic hadn’t bullied match officials for decades, we might have more referees calling it as it actually transpires, as opposed to worrying about what Paed fc and the merry band of mungswill do if they give a decision to Rangers?

The last thing that we need is Bearsplaining.
My mate was saying when we were at the killie game that we as fans should be upping the anti and singling the actual ref out for a bit of stick instead of the Fck the SFA it should be so and so is a wkr let them know it’s them.

My mate was saying when we were at the killie game that we as fans should be upping the anti and singling the actual ref out for a bit of stick instead of the Fck the SFA it should be so and so is a wkr let them know it’s them.

That’s been in my mind since our return to the top flight

To the tune of blue is the colour :

Beaton’s Fućking cheatin

He think he’s being fly

He costs us nearly every game

And everyone knows why

He’s feart of Peter Lawell

And Dermott Desmond too

If they Bears can fućkin see it

Every other cuńt can too
(Reprise)

Last edited:
Our players can’t go for 50-50’s because the fouls going the other way, or their players leading with the studs - play on, nothing to see hear.
Someone give a dig and gets away with it then you want to nail him next chance, we can’t do just let them have free hits.

That’s been in my mind since our return to the top flight

To the tune of blue is the colour :

Beaton’s Fućking cheatin

He think he’s being fly

He costs us nearly every game

And everyone knows why
Are you my mate? Lol just joking but it is so obvious now I think about it let’s put them under pressure. Pressure to be fair that’s all.

All well and good.
Do you realise that we were effectively 2 goals and a man better of over how things DID pan out but we're cheated?

The point people are making is, if we are continually 1 or 2 legitimate goals, penalties or red cards better than the opposition, there is something wrong if we are not winning.
People are not talking about 1 off games.

Back