Pep responds to fan comments, will walk if he is a problem

it’s a moronic comment from the supporters spokesperson but Guardiola always come across as a complete bellend. His performance in the Man City documentary was David Brent levels.

I disagree with the point that Man City are a tinpot club. No doubt that they’ve benefited unbelievably from the foreign investment however, they carried 30,000 supporters in the lower leagues in England, not many sustain that. I think they lost a bit of their soul when Maine Road went and they became another billionaire’s play thing but think the time pot stuff is harsh.

it’s a moronic comment from the supporters spokesperson but Guardiola always come across as a complete bellend. His performance in the Man City documentary was David Brent levels.
Watching him in the dressing room doing team talks with that stupid dancing around pointing. Or grabbing players on the park and lecturing them while looking to see if the cameras are on him. He gets results. But hes a complete fanny

I disagree with the point that Man City are a tinpot club. No doubt that they’ve benefited unbelievably from the foreign investment however, they carried 30,000 supporters in the lower leagues in England, not many sustain that. I think they lost a bit of their soul when Maine Road went and they became another billionaire’s play thing but think the time pot stuff is harsh.
A lot of clubs are losing their soul. We seem to be drifting towards american style sports crowds. I hope sky and all the others don't get their way.

I agree. We go down once a season for a game. They have a cracking core support but the rest are the tourist fans, ourselves included. You can't magic new 'real' fans out of nowhere. They matchday experience is superb.

Watching him in the dressing room doing team talks with that stupid dancing around pointing. Or grabbing players on the park and lecturing them while looking to see if the cameras are on him. He gets results. But hes a complete fanny

He inherited one of, if not, the greatest player of all time, then swanned around Manhattan like a hipster twat before taking over the European champions. His next challenge was running a team owned by oil billionaires. Loves a challenge. The absolute charlatan.

Chelsea were at least a decent cup team when RA bought them, but yes historically a pretty middle road English club.

These teams are never going to be able to challenge the historically big English sides without investment, no issue with that but no amount of money can inflate their local fan base.

I agree but give it a decade or two of sustained success and they’ll be packing their stadium out with prawn sanny munching glory hunters akin to United and Liverpool.

Or Chelsea, oh wait….
Chelsea are the same right enough, the two of them have have a hard core loyal support of probably 30,000 that stuck by them through various relegations and always had a great travelling support. I cant grudge either of them the luck of having billionaires money thrown at them.

Agreed, far from a tin pot club. Anyone who has been to the stadium would know that.

A lot of younger fans seem to be unaware of the size of City’s support before the club was bought by Arabs.

Even although the club was mostly in the shadow of United, City had a huge following. Before the oil money, when they were previously a force to be reckoned with in the late 70s they were in England’s top 3 best-supported clubs.

Admittedly, older City supporters might struggle to identify with the modern club.

Man City m
Agreed, far from a tin pot club. Anyone who has been to the stadium would know that.
A big stadium and money doest make you a ‘big Club’

Football never began 15 years ago

Tin pot shite club with shit fans and shite lots of Arab money.

Everything that is wrong with modern football.
By all means have a bash at the obscene amount of money invested in them, I agree with you, but City ain't a "tin-pot club", they've always had a loyal and large support and just like us they never turned their backs when things were bleak for them.

He inherited one of, if not, the greatest player of all time, then swanned around Manhattan like a hipster twat before taking over the European champions. His next challenge was running a team owned by oil billionaires. Loves a challenge. The absolute charlatan.

Guessing you’re not a fan then?

Any views on his playing career? He played in Barca’s first EC winning team in 92, kind of puts the charlatan thing to bed, in saying that there is always a Steve Finnan.

FWIW I’m neither here nor there on the guy. Just saw you had a good rant.

Working his ticket but if we're being honest, its a rather easy job for him with no limit on his transfer budget and its the only reason he's stayed so long.

Not hard to see why he can't strike up a bond with their support though. They haven't even got a fanbase anywhere near the size of Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs etc never mind Man United and Liverpool.

Tin pot club.

Anyone who thinks they are tinpot just cannot have been to Maine Road in 80s or 90s or even earlier really. Gone the wrong way since the Arabs arrived in the fanscene sense but have a rich football history on and off the pitch.

I agree. We go down once a season for a game. They have a cracking core support but the rest are the tourist fans, ourselves included. You can't magic new 'real' fans out of nowhere. They matchday experience is superb.
What is it about the match day experience that is superb? I keep hearing this to be honest but nobody seems to really say exactly what. I just can’t for one minute think it’s the atmosphere generated by the fans so must be the ease of service and facilities etc.. genuine question, as I do keep hearing people saying how good a trip there is.

I’ve been to the stadium but got nuthing to do with the size of the club. Before they were taken over City were an average club and even today there stadium isn’t always full. I always preferred them to Utd probably as the had a few prods follow them. Had a good friends relations lived next to main Rd and they used to have a good time during the twelfth July. Unfortunately will alw at be in shadows of Utd.

Working his ticket, i thought this might happen cos it was obvious there would be a real challenge this season from Liverpool and Chelsea.

Man City m

A big stadium and money doest make you a ‘big Club’

Football never began 15 years ago
Not saying they are a big club, they hate UEFA and that's why I think the attendances are low for the CL games.
Would be interesting to hear what their fans think of what's happened as in, are they happy the Arabs came in or not.

I’ve been to the stadium but got nuthing to do with the size of the club. Before they were taken over City were an average club and even today there stadium isn’t always full. I always preferred them to Utd probably as the had a few prods follow them. Had a good friends relations lived next to main Rd and they used to have a good time during the twelfth July. Unfortunately will alw at be in shadows of Utd.
Utd are undoubtedly a hard act to follow. Said in a thread earlier that I think City fans actually liked being the underdogs. Not sure what they think of their situation now, especially as they can't fill their ground. I get the attendances for the CL games as they have an ongoing issue with UEFA but that stadium should be full for the PL games

I honestly don't know what more the Man City fans actually want? They have the best manager, a squad of some of the best most exciting players in football; win trophies every year and playing in the Champions League every year?

The City support are a baffling bunch.
I think most City fans still feel they are living in a dream tbh. Noel Gallagher said lots of them prefer being shit. I was talking to a City fan in the pub once and he told me he'd rather see them win the league than the CL every single time. I couldn't really understand his mindset but he said its basically because they've lived in Utd's shadow for so long.

I don't really see the problem with what he said to be fair. A club like city, oil tinpot fans or not should be selling out every week especially given Their tickets are cheap as chips in comparison to others. Oil money or not they've been the best and most consistent team in the PL since fergie left and have some of the best players in the world.

Fans should be agreeing with him and making efforts to go to the game and get new people going. Why attack pep for his comments?

Absolute nonsense.

He is a tactical genius however like every other human gets stuff wrong. No sports coach or athlete wins every time, that’s a face.

He took a Barca side on the decline, made the decision to promote Pedro and Busquets after coaching them in the B team and get rid of the likes a Deco/Ronaldinho in order to implement his footballing philosophy and tactics when he changed Barca to a 3-4-3.

He identified the false 9 role and by putting Messi here it allowed him to have a greater influence on the game as the opposition struggled to come to terms with the pace and movement

Like him or loathe him Pep played a small role in how the modern game is played.

Back