Pepsi park?

Would you allow stadium sponsorship?

• Yes

Votes: 694 78.0%
  • No

Votes: 196 22.0%

• Total voters
Being realistic to Scottish football's place in the food chain is not being negative.

Rangers is a brand far bigger than Scottish football as a whole but still remains hamstrung by being part of it.
No doubt about this mate but are we maximising what we have? Ibrox stock as a stadium has never been higher due to the coverage on the road to Seville.

I think we are underselling ourselves

Correctly worded, and decent money and not any totally ridiculous sounding company names, then 100% yes.

Totally unachievable companies probably, but along the lines of these below I would be ok with.

Pepsi Ibrox Stadium
Red Bull Ibrox stadium
Tesla Ibrox Stadium
Really any that will sound OK followed by Ibrox.

We also play in Europe not just the SPL though mate

Ibrox is spoken about across Europe
In the big European comps such as Champions League sponsored stadiums revert back to their original names due to UEFA sponsorship rules.

For example Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium is changed back to Arsenal Stadium and Man City’s Etihad Stadium is known as City of Manchester Stadium.

You might have noticed that the ‘BioWaveGo’ signs above the Broomloan and Copland were covered during our Euro campaign this season that was down to that.

The stadium naming rights are only worth anything given its Rangers and its Ibrox.

So it would never be 'The Pepsi stadium'

'The Pepsi Ibrox stadium' is much stronger.

So yes why not.

Its very unlikely to generate any significant amount of money. The big naming deals are for new stadiums mostly as if you get in at the start its what the place and location become known as, Etihad and Emirates will always be associated with Man city and Arsenal now.

Old Trafford and Anfield haven't been renamed as brands aren't daft to think they can pay to rewrite history. Ibrox is the same, it will always be Ibrox and no deal will change that so nobody is going to pay big money for less exposure than you get sponsoring our kits.

I feel like a total hypocrite as I was so massively against this when it was floated during the Ashley days. That was obviously due to the fact I knew we would never see any the money from it and would have been another case of us tied into a contract we would never be able to get out of.
This board although I think they have their faults and have been quite vocal about that. Their best intentions are undeniable. They are Rangers men like everyone of us. If it brought in a considerable amount of money and was invested back into the club I would be for it now. Football has moved on. Ibrox will always be Ibrox to us. Anyone who gets the subway will get off at Ibrox.

I doubt sadly there would be much interest in sponsoring a stadium in Scotland from the sort of companies that would be able to meet the neccesary citirea. Can't see someone commit £10m over 10 years for example.

I doubt sadly there would be much interest in sponsoring a stadium in Scotland from the sort of companies that would be able to meet the neccesary citirea. Can't see someone commit £10m over 10 years for example.
That’s only £1 million a season. I think we could get that and maybe a bit more.

What about British Airways for a shout? Would be a cracking partner. You wonder if we’ve phoned them for example.

That’s only £1 million a season. I think we could get that and maybe a bit more.

What about British Airways for a shout? Would be a cracking partner. You wonder if we’ve phoned them for example.
What would be in it for British Airway for though or any company like them? How many potential customers are watching SPFL games? How much brand aware will it generate for them? etc.

These are things I think that given the current viewership figures both domestical and international of our league that would make trying to tie someone down to a significant deal difficult.

Not saying it's impossible or that the club shouldn't try but I don't the number of potentail partners would be that great and we would be competing against other clubs in more prominent leagues for those partners.

What would be in it for British Airway for though or any company like them? How many potential customers are watching SPFL games? How much brand aware will it generate for them? etc.

These are things I think that given the current viewership figures both domestical and international of our league that would make trying to tie someone down to a significant deal difficult.

Not saying it's impossible or that the club shouldn't try but I don't the number of potentail partners would be that great and we would be competing against other clubs in more prominent leagues for those partners.
Every matchday on sky Jeff Stirling “ and over to the BA Ibrox there’s been a goal is it for the home side Kris” for a start. They could even have a BA hospitality package. Think outside the box. The colours tie in the British mindset everything.

Like OP, used to be against the idea but we have to identify different revenue sources and, in any event, we know it will always be known and referred to as Ibrox regardless of what branding is put on it for a finite period.

100% for it.

Im still annoyed that we havent explored it. Something to maybe think about it is the clauses in the SD contract maybe prohibiting it or giving them first refusal.

Yeah, £20m over 4 years, but did include shirt sponsorship. Still incredible money, especially when everyone still called it (calls it) Murrayfield.

That was a few years ago now, its still BT Murrayfield officially but not sure what they pay now.

Issue is finding a brand big enough to pay top money, while either also sponsoring Celtic or happy to p1ss of all the Rangers haters.
BT have no problem sponsoring the rhat's.

No issues with this for decent money.
Doesn't matter what the sponsorship name is it will always be Ibrox.

Just reading River Plate have a stadium naming deal now, although the name has hardly changed to be fair:

Just reading River Plate have a stadium naming deal now, although the name has hardly changed to be fair:

So they are getting just over £2 million a season

No reason at all why we couldn’t do the same

So they are getting just over £2 million a season

No reason at all why we couldn’t do the same
Yeah that seems right. Only thing is the name isn’t really changing is it, unless the word “Mas” is related to the sponsor in a unique way, pretty sure it just means “bigger” really.

Didn’t realise that cnt had his finger in Hugo boss . Forget them then

My point remains I agree with posters who said it needs to be a decent company

Samsung, Amazon , Microsoft , Mercedes’ Benz etc should be phoned by bisgrove . Mercedes could be receptive we are extremely popular in Germany for example and I’m sure they sponsor a couple of teams already
"Hello, Hello. Hi, is that Jeff Bezos? Aye, its James...James Bisgrove from The Rangers...What?..No, The Glasgow Rangers..."

Having said that, Pepsi do sponsor a rollercoaster in Blackpool...

The Apple Microsoft Pepsi JP Morgan Royal Family Amazon Elon Musk Coke Pespi Durex Who Gives a Flying Shoe Horn Stadia perhaps........ or is that unrealistic

I think with those few sponsors we could easily take over the world of soccer and have enough left over to have a big mental jersey covered from sock to top in sponsor names for giggles.

In light of the board today appealing for finance for 1800 more seats to be installed in the stadium, I’m starting a poll on how we the fans would feel about letting a sponsor name the stadium for £1 million per season or thereabouts.

I used to be against the idea as I’m old and a traditionalist but realistically we would all call it Ibrox anyway no matter what.

For me as long as the firm was decent and global I think I’ve changed my mind and I’d happily take the money, if it was a decent amount.

What say the good people of FF?
Of course. It would always be referred to as Ibrox by the Rangers support.

Back