Perspective required

lawman

We lost today to a team not that much better than us because yet again we had too many 6/10s, not because they are worldly wiser or infinitely better than us. We didn’t play well... occasion... expectation... I don’t know.

But let’s not be quick to forget, this is a young team, led by a young manager. Get some injuries back and strengthen in key areas and we can compete all every game next year.

Every time we play them we get closer, keep the head, support our team. Huge individual errors cost us today, nothing more, nothing less.

It is coming.

It's not. Not under this regime. They played with 10 men for near 40 mins. We are nowhere near good enough and too many of our squad are happy just getting a game, Tav, windass et all. I hope I'm wrong and we beat them in semi but I really don't see it.

Their 3 French boys are outstanding. Better than anything in the league.
Brown is their engine as much as I hate saying it
Tierney is a good left back and Rogic is very good
Their weakness is their central defence and right back. How thuf uck we didn’t attack them in these areas is beyond me

We aren’t good enough yet across the board, too slack in defence twice and got punished for it; too slow to take advantage of their defender having a complete Anton; too predictable to cross the ball in from the right time after time.

Personnel changes required but where? Certainly we need a dominant centre back, we need someone to run at the heart of a defence with the ball and we need an out & our goal scorer to be in the forward line. Some of that may be addressed by what we have in the squad but we do need changes.
Some of our squad are just not good enough or consistent enough to push Rangers to make a credible title challenge.

Their 3 French boys are outstanding. Better than anything in the league.
Brown is their engine as much as I hate saying it
Tierney is a good left back and Rogic is very good
Their weakness is their central defence and right back. How thuf uck we didn’t attack them in these areas is beyond me

I’m not disputing they are still a bit better than us at all.

What I am saying is if we all have 8-9/10s today we win comfortably.

That wouldn’t have been the case in the 1-5 game last year imo.

Back